Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855392 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1170 on: November 24, 2011, 08:06:59 pm
Desi, get a Foggy Respro and you'll never have to worry about foggy face shields again. 

Scott

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1171 on: November 25, 2011, 12:34:56 am
oh my, that does look neat. I normally have a good clear visor, but the combination of the moist cold fog coming off the river a dozen yards off to the left of me fogged the outside and I fogged the inside cursing at the fog. The MInda 7 inch light has a reallly nice pattern, and in fog, the low beam still cuts through.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1172 on: November 25, 2011, 02:32:19 am
End of season oil/filter change :( Probably still get it out here and there but it was time for sure. Gonna do the primary oil in the next few days along with a bolt check, valve adj,  and cable lube etc. Ill stop talking as this is "what did you do today thread" not "what will you be doing thread" lol.

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
Reply #1173 on: November 25, 2011, 02:24:35 pm
60 degrees today and 64 degrees tomorrow makes me wish my license was up to date. I'm getting a discount for seasonal riding here in NE Ohio but am obviously rethinking the logic of this tactic. Of course I'll get the yearly next year and it will rain all of October and November with my luck. So far this fall here has been for the most part gorgeous and I'm kicking myself for having chosen to sit on my ass just to save a few bucks.
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1174 on: November 25, 2011, 08:50:51 pm
My ins. co. just discounts everyone's ins. figuring most people don't ride in the winter anyway.

Scott

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #1175 on: November 25, 2011, 11:50:42 pm
Did not do anything to my Enfields today or for the past week.  Cleaned out the garage last weekend so I have more room to take down my motor and start upgrading and in the precess threw my back out.   Sadly my back is now better but the holidays have arrived and I have been busy to even ride.    Maybe this weekend I can get to work taking apart my 95.    
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1176 on: November 26, 2011, 12:15:24 am
Went on a short ride with Bikesnob7 up San Gabriel Cyn to the top, then back down to East River Rd to Glendora Ridge and back down on Glendora Mtn Rd. The weather was bit cool in the morning but warmed up nicely as the day went on. We spent more time BSing then riding, but we had a good time. It was a total of 105 miles for me, a bit less for Steve. Just a good day to have the Enfield sooth the soul.
Bare
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:30:49 pm by barenekd »
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1177 on: November 26, 2011, 12:50:56 am
absolutely nothing but good for you...its great being retired..you're  just riding your heart out there with the great weather and all.....i' just finished up tiling the kitchen spalsh wall and other side wall .The weather been great here too but I feel the need to  completete a few projects before winter starts her evil ways s...I'm planing on getting the yamaha inspected this week and take the enfield for a good run....
Oh Magoo you done it again

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1178 on: November 26, 2011, 02:43:48 pm
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He is fantastic.

http://www.uralontario.ca/re.html

I posted a few days ago about my 550 mile round trip to Ken's shop for my rim and heat shield replacement. The thin little clip that is welded on to the head pipe that is supposed to hold the front of the heat shield in place, and quell vibrations that crack the shield, was broken off on my pipe. I would have been happy if he just tack welded a new clip on the pipe as its under the shield and cant be seen, but.....

;D I'm getting a whole new pipe under warranty!  ;D

Now the little blue bits around my oxygen sensor will be gone.... all shiney brand new.

Looks like I'll have to make another 550 mile run in the near future.

john hut

• John Hut
  • Scooter
  • EFI Bulleteer
Reply #1179 on: November 26, 2011, 09:47:09 pm
End of season oil/filter change :( Probably still get it out here and there but it was time for sure. Gonna do the primary oil in the next few days along with a bolt check, valve adj,  and cable lube etc. Ill stop talking as this is "what did you do today thread" not "what will you be doing thread" lol.
[/ote]
               Primary Oil ?........Valve Adj.?    Whats this ?
            John Hut
John Electra Deluxe Efi

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1180 on: November 26, 2011, 10:18:51 pm
" Primary Oil ?........Valve Adj.?    Whats this ?
            John Hut"
----------

That's a good question since these things aren't needed with the UCE engine.

Of course, we know that he's not riding a UCE powered bike and is on one of the older models, but we UCE riders usually humor the guys on the older RE's.

Kinda like humoring our grandfathers.  :D ;D

Oh, What did I do to my RE today?
I gave it a sponge bath and another coat of wax so it's all shiny.
Black and Chrome do look good.  :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:21:22 pm by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

greekxj

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1181 on: November 27, 2011, 04:23:19 am
" Primary Oil ?........Valve Adj.?    Whats this ?
            John Hut"
----------

That's a good question since these things aren't needed with the UCE engine.

Of course, we know that he's not riding a UCE powered bike and is on one of the older models, but we UCE riders usually humor the guys on the older RE's.

Kinda like humoring our grandfathers.  :D ;D

Oh, What did I do to my RE today?
I gave it a sponge bath and another coat of wax so it's all shiny.
Black and Chrome do look good.  :)

Haha i love my iron engine bullet! I actually did some more maintenence today. Did do my valves and primary oil change ;D I also lubed all the cables and did a bolt check. Yep its a labor of love to own an iron engine bullet. Total old school!!!!!!!!!!

raderj

• Bulleteer
  • Sgt Johnson USMC
Reply #1182 on: November 28, 2011, 03:45:16 am
   Drove to hang out with church friends with my wife on the back.  Stayed in the right lane and buzzed between 55 and 60 mph on I-5. 50 miles there and back combined.  Not as crazy as some of you might believe. That's where all the semi-trucks hang out.  They only go as fast as I was going so it actually works out to be very comfortable.  Drafting Baby!  Just kidding.  I always keep a responsible following distance  ;D

Hit some Thanksgiving traffic on the way back. Stayed above 30 mph through the thick stuff thanks to lane sharing.  Really warm out today and this evening. Great ride.

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1183 on: November 28, 2011, 12:31:02 pm
If you want a good drafting experience, tailgate a car carrier truck. They have a large 'dead air' zone behind them for about 30 feet... LoL

Alan LaRue

• Bulleteer
  • Commute Time is Not the Worst Time of Day
Reply #1184 on: November 28, 2011, 02:52:24 pm
Ha, Desi, I just translated your sig!
Chinese food beats hopes and dreams any day.