Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855340 times)

YJake

• Scooter
  • Exploring the Sunshine State
Reply #375 on: June 09, 2011, 10:25:42 pm
Got it back from a month or longer ordeal with waranty work and everything seems great now. Can't wait to ride it to work tomorrow and start saving money again, feeding my Jeep was getting rough!  :o

-Jake
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost..."

2010 Royal Enfield G5

1973 Honda CL125

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #376 on: June 09, 2011, 10:50:20 pm
Stopped by a local Yamaha dealers to see what he had that might fit my G5.
In the area where some luggage was sitting they had a pair of small black vinyl saddlebags marked down from $100 to $40.
They came complete with a few spider webs but beyond that I couldn't find anything wrong with them.  I have no idea why they were less than 1/2 price.

They aren't fancy but they fit my bike and the price was right so I bought them.  :D
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Reply #377 on: June 09, 2011, 11:06:31 pm
I love hidden bargans, ya done good!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #378 on: June 09, 2011, 11:11:59 pm
I found out how much more gas my bike actually holds. I've always filled my tank on the side stand, realizing that it would hold more if I put it on the center stand. I did that today and put a little over 1/2 gallon more than I would have normally gotten on my usual fillups.
Didn't know I was running so low on gas!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

saint45

• Scooter
Reply #379 on: June 10, 2011, 04:37:00 am
New napoleans....actually, looks cooler with one. i can actually see. those stock ones gave me a great view of my elbows. Then i rode all over my lovely island city.  :o

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #380 on: June 10, 2011, 12:35:28 pm
After a three hour drive in my car I arrived at my 'local' dealer. First thing I saw was the only chrome C5 in Canada. Damn she's a beaut. Sadly this one is going to its new owner today. The bike is the one that was on display at the New York bike show and with some fanangling, Ken at OVC was able to secure the bike for a Toronto area Indian gentleman.  Mine is still on its way. Cant wait cant wait... After  oogling the bike for a while my girlfriend and I were invited to AnthonyOfErin's farm to see his black C5 with the cozy sidecar. We had a wonderful afternoon there, getting the tour of his elk farm operation and his bike. So what did I do with MY Enfield today....   I had sweet dreams all night about it.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #381 on: June 10, 2011, 02:58:04 pm
Elk farm! Can you milk an elk?  :D That's a super cool day fer sure. EFI silencer just came in and is sitting at the dealership. Taking the bike over there for her switch over to full Synthetic and final break end oil change. Woo Hoo! Next on the list is changing to the NGK spark as my bike seems to already be hating the OEM one. After I get the bike home later, I'ma goin Fishin! Gonna take a trip up to the dam and see if I cant catch a mess of Crappie. My tribe is having the 5th annual Drulympics(Drunk Olympics) tommorow so I probably wont get much riding in. I am heavily favored in the underwater beer chug event, and expect my team will medal in the TriChugAthon. Have a great weekend brothers and keep it shiney side up!  ;D

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #382 on: June 10, 2011, 04:03:08 pm
Elk farm! Can you milk an elk?  :D.

Yeah, I think I did that on a bet once.....Just got to be real sneaky like. ;D
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #383 on: June 10, 2011, 04:31:39 pm
Just make sure its not the bull first.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #384 on: June 10, 2011, 05:09:23 pm
http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=67375

Here you go, I guess they Can.....Heck, they even Ride'em!   Yeeee.....Haw!
Wait a minute, They sure look like Moose to me?   I think they got their Critters mixed up  ::)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Okie Enfield

• Grease Monkey
  • RED 2010 C5
Reply #385 on: June 10, 2011, 08:36:57 pm
Elk milk....mmmmm. Update on what I did today. I went to the dealership to pickup the EFI pipe and gasket. However, they ordered me the upswept pipe and is twice the price. So the upswept is back on its way home and hopefully my EFI will be here soon  :'( Totally bummed.

Alaska Mike

• Scooter
Reply #386 on: June 10, 2011, 08:45:09 pm
http://www.adn.com/2010/02/28/1161767/running-of-the-reindeer.html

In Alaska we have the 'Running of the Reindeer" which is a spoof off the bulls in Spain, but exponentially safer. When it is 20 below, and you have cabin fever, it is a hoot. My wife did it this year and I did it twice before. Hundreds of people run 2 blocks while a dozen reindeer are released to "chase" them. Epic.

To stay on topic of the forum - I commuted to work (40 miles) on my C5 today. I filled up yesterday and calculated around 62mpg is what I'm getting. I do travel at around 65-70 on the highway and sometimes 'hot-rod' around town though.

BTW, do the NGK plugs make a difference?
Stay Safe!

Alaska Mike

• Scooter
Reply #387 on: June 10, 2011, 08:47:22 pm
Elk milk....mmmmm. Update on what I did today. I went to the dealership to pickup the EFI pipe and gasket. However, they ordered me the upswept pipe and is twice the price. So the upswept is back on its way home and hopefully my EFI will be here soon  :'( Totally bummed.

I have the upswept on my C5, and my dealer said he dyno'd it and was gaining about 30% more power through the power band. Are you looking at about the same gains for the EFI silencer?
Stay Safe!

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #388 on: June 10, 2011, 08:57:53 pm
Workin on my second oil change today.   Did the the oil filter cap mod.  Boy was that easy!   Just needed a 1/4" - 20 tap and a 3/4 " long button head screw.

2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #389 on: June 10, 2011, 09:26:48 pm
I have the upswept on my C5, and my dealer said he dyno'd it and was gaining about 30% more power through the power band. Are you looking at about the same gains for the EFI silencer?

Did he give you a printout of the dyno run? How much horsepower did he show? How much was the stock configuration? 30% would give you a 5 or 6hp increase. From what I've seen on the dyno runs posted here including mine with the EFI silencer, I would be extremely surprised to see that much of an increase with any different silencer, but I haven't seen a dyno run on an unmodified engine, either. But I doubt that a circa 19 or 20 hp on the optional silencers is anywhere near a 30% increase over stock.  I did read somewhere that an iron barrel only had about 15 hp stock, but I expect the UCEs are a bit higher than that.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com