Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855335 times)

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #180 on: May 01, 2011, 03:37:10 am
It is no secret that I don't like the fuel and engine idiot lights. I decided to disguise mine and give it a bit more vintage look. I bought an ammeter and swapped the faces. The needle is non-functional. The lights are a bit dim but I may swap to LEDs. Now the engine light is the green band and the fuel is the red band.

If you are wondering why I didn't include the ammeter function like the factory should have, there just isn't room in either housing to fit the meter and the lights.

Dan

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #181 on: May 01, 2011, 04:13:23 pm
It is no secret that I don't like the fuel and engine idiot lights. I decided to disguise mine and give it a bit more vintage look. I bought an ammeter and swapped the faces. The needle is non-functional. The lights are a bit dim but I may swap to LEDs. Now the engine light is the green band and the fuel is the red band.

If you are wondering why I didn't include the ammeter function like the factory should have, there just isn't room in either housing to fit the meter and the lights.

Dan

These might fit the bill and you could even hook up a true ammeter.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&category=ACCENTS&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Fbolt_specs.htm
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #182 on: May 01, 2011, 05:25:34 pm
Thanks! I just ordered some.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #183 on: May 01, 2011, 06:44:44 pm
I actually cleaned my garage yesterday!  First time in almost a year and a half, basically since my son was born.  There's so much more space now that I can actually work on the bike without bumping into a million things.  Thanks to my wife for making me do this and helping me out.

Scott

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #184 on: May 02, 2011, 04:53:13 am
I put 230 miles on my G5 today. I went to a BSA Owners club ride which was 110 miles and did 120 round trip to the starting spot from my house. It's my final break-in ride, I guess. I went up to Hanson Dam, where it started, via freeway, the Bullet's first time on the freeway. I cruised up between 60 and 65 all the way. the Bullet did not complain.
It was rather cold this morning, about 50 when I left so I needed my 30-55 degree jacket, knowing I'd be in trouble later as it was supposed to get up to 85--it did. The liner was removable in the jacket so I figured it would be OK later--it was.
Anyway, the ride went down Foothill Blvd to Lower Big Tujunga and we headed up the mountain. I was running about 50, then a guy on a Velocette passed me. He wasn't going much faster so I hung on his tail and managed to check out the handling through there and up Angeles Forest Hwy. It was great fun and no one else was catching us. We caught a strong, cold headwind whilst climbing to the really upper elevations and the Bullet was not happy at much over 50, so the Velo kinda pulled me in those sections, but when we got back into the twisties I caught back up with him. We went into Palmdale then west to Francisquito Canyon via Elizabeth Lake Road, then to Spunky Canyon, Bouquet Canyon, Vasquez, Sand Canyon and back to Hanson on Little Tujunga. It was a great ride and the Bullet handled it with great aplomb! For the return home, I just hit the streets.
For those who aren't familiar with SOCAL, sorry about the long draft., But let's say the mountain and canyon roads out here are one of the few things that keep me here in Cantafordia. And the 78 MPG the Enfield returned to me on the ride certainly makes the $4.25 for gas not so bothersome. That's like $2.00 a gallon on some of my other Canyon Carvers! And it broke 1000 miles today. Also kinda blew out my English EFI muffler. It's starting to sound pretty rippy!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Lady_Enfield

• Scooter
  • Bluce
Reply #185 on: May 03, 2011, 02:07:21 am
Welcome!

Hey All Just found this site, Have purchased an2010 C5 last August (lovin it) an yesterday took it to the shop where I purchased it to have a "rocket" side car installed. Will submit pics once completed. Summerers on the way whoohoo.
Anthony Of Erin
If it was easy every body would be doing it.
I am Multi-FUNctional!

Lady_Enfield

• Scooter
  • Bluce
Reply #186 on: May 04, 2011, 02:47:46 am
Took my first ride in the rain.  The sun was shining when I left. 
I am Multi-FUNctional!

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #187 on: May 04, 2011, 03:53:56 am
Routed my duck bill down to the drive chain.

Now, I really do have an automatic chain oiler. ;D
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
Reply #188 on: May 04, 2011, 01:42:57 pm
barenekd that sounds like a really great day   :D
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan 'Manjika'

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #189 on: May 04, 2011, 08:22:09 pm
enfield sat today, i had to take out my yamaha....she needs loving too...
Oh Magoo you done it again

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #190 on: May 04, 2011, 10:26:51 pm
C5 is in the garage while I commuted by bicycle today.  On the way home I stopped at Ducati/RE Seattle to pick up the newly arrived air filter cover. 

...Now to see whether it will fit over the K&N filter.
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #191 on: May 04, 2011, 10:59:01 pm
Helped load it onto the truck, tied it down, and waved it on it's way to Watsonian Squire. Finally.
Who knows when or if I will see it again...... :-\
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #192 on: May 04, 2011, 11:45:26 pm
glad to c benny hill showed up...keep us informed after they operate and fix the problem...cheers
Oh Magoo you done it again

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #193 on: May 06, 2011, 12:21:03 am
I rode it to the dealer for its 1000 mi. Check and Oil Change at 1100 miles. Everything was fine, the magnet hadn't collected too much and the strainer was quite clean. I got to hear it going down the street with the English silencer and it sounds great! All was well and I rode it home. That's a 100 mile round trip and I did it all on the freeway between 60 and 65 mpg and only got 68 mpg this time. I guess it likes to go slower! But, no complaints, it handled the hot weather quite well.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Andy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #194 on: May 08, 2011, 09:12:23 pm
I finally put on a pair of those faux army haversacks to hold my raingear.  100% cotton and made in India too!   8)
2010 C5 Military - "The Slug"