Author Topic: My new 65-0 Interceptor  (Read 1089 times)

Hodakaguy

• Scooter
on: July 11, 2020, 10:54:38 pm
I have a Brand New 650 Interceptor, 3 weeks old now and one of the 1st things I did was replace the forks springs with stiffer springs and use 15wt fork oil. Makes a night and day difference. I have a set of custom Ohlins rear shocks OTW. Will let you all know how that works out!

Brian

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 11:23:05 pm
Awesome. Congrats on the new bike

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Adelaide, South Aust- Conti GT 650 2019
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 11:38:30 pm
I have a Brand New 650 Interceptor, 3 weeks old now and one of the 1st things I did was replace the forks springs with stiffer springs and use 15wt fork oil. Makes a night and day difference. I have a set of custom Ohlins rear shocks OTW. Will let you all know how that works out!

Brian
The front forks seem to be quite a divisive topic on this forum so any contribution is welcome. Always good to get feedback. What brand/ type of oil did you use, what volumes and which springs? And how would you describe your perceived differences?
Cheers Steve
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

Haggisman

• Grease Monkey
  • Adelaide, Australia.
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 11:42:02 pm
Also what sort of weight are you, a 65kg rider compared to a 95kg(me) rider will see different behavior from the suspension
2019 Interceptor

goody59

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 07:52:17 am

Brian
   Hi Brian, looking for you to address responses no 1 and 2. I too am interested in fork oil used, volume of oil used and how you have found your changes but I see you changes spring too. Just some input please on aforementioned matters.
Steve from Victoria, Australia. MY22 Interceptor.

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2020 INT650 "Orange Crush"
Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 03:10:00 pm
Also what sort of weight are you, a 65kg rider compared to a 95kg(me) rider will see different behavior from the suspension

Or *gulp* 108kg....................like me.    ::)

P.S. That's 240 pounds in the US.
“It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.”

- President George Washington