Author Topic: Another Interceptor windshield thread  (Read 1635 times)

Dangerous Dan

• Scooter
on: May 17, 2022, 02:05:32 am
I can see this have been written about in a few other older threads but I'm hoping for a bit more info and options than I have been able to find. I'm looking at this one:
https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/windshields-low-for-round-headlights/windshield-naked?bike=24217
for my interceptor, has anyone had any experience with it or the brand at all and can recommend or dissuade it? Or better still offer another great option that I can look at. The RE option doesn't excite me much and I'm not looking for a full fairing or cafe racer setup, just a reasonable sized shield to keep the wind off a bit.

Omoishiroi

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 02:11:30 am
?Or better still offer another great option that I can look at. The RE option doesn't excite me much and I'm not looking for a full fairing or cafe racer setup, just a reasonable sized shield to keep the wind off a bit.
Replaced the RE super ugly plank with a Dart. Quality is apparent and to my eye it's perfect.

For sale...RE ugly plank windscreen

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 02:41:39 am
I can see this have been written about in a few other older threads but I'm hoping for a bit more info and options than I have been able to find. I'm looking at this one:
https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/windshields-low-for-round-headlights/windshield-naked?bike=24217
for my interceptor, has anyone had any experience with it or the brand at all and can recommend or dissuade it? Or better still offer another great option that I can look at. The RE option doesn't excite me much and I'm not looking for a full fairing or cafe racer setup, just a reasonable sized shield to keep the wind off a bit.

What fun ... shopping for a windshield. There are a ton.5 options. I've had some from the Puig brand and they were just fine. Affordable and have decent brackets for "bar-mounted" units. I think the brackets matter as much or more than the actual screen. I hate wobbly windshields. Here is a sales site that shows a number of choices for Puig.
https://www.motorcycleid.com/2020-royal-enfield-int650-windshields-windscreens/
Getting affordable ones saves some trauma about ending up with some rejects on your shelf. ;)
The one you pointed out is about 13 " tall. Personally I think 20" is about the max size for a bar mounted screens for passing big trucks etc . :o
Let us know how it goes...
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Dangerous Dan

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 04:52:39 am
Replaced the RE super ugly plank with a Dart. Quality is apparent and to my eye it's perfect.

For sale...RE ugly plank windscreen

The Dart looks quite nice actually!

*Snip*
The one you pointed out is about 13 " tall. Personally I think 20" is about the max size for a bar mounted screens for passing big trucks etc . :o
Let us know how it goes...

I have around 110 km daily work commute on a major Aussie highway and encounter many trucks, ours tend to be a big larger then most countries too ;P so the wind coming off them is a BIG factor in my decision to go for a shorter more stable one.

Steve P.

• Scooter
  • '71 BMW R75/5, '71 Honda 750, '74 Norton Commando,
Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 06:25:10 am
I've been using that Puig for about a year and a half and can highly recommend it.  It's rock solid.  I'm 6'1" and it takes the pressure off my chest without buffeting my head.

Shifty1969

• Shifty
  • Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 01:38:58 pm
I have that puig, it does it’s job and rides well, but the front of mine hangs about a half inch below the top of the headlight and creates quite a glare at night. I put a piece of skateboard tape on the inside bottom so it’s not as bad, other than that it’s great!
Just cause you ain’t paranoid,don’t mean they ain’t out to get you!

Dangerous Dan

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 05:41:19 am
Sounds like I was barking up the right tree! I've just ordered the Puig, unfortunately I could only find a dark smoked rather than a normal smoked one which I would have preferred.

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2019 Interceptor, 2021 R NineT
Reply #7 on: May 18, 2022, 10:16:38 am
I've been using that Puig for about a year and a half and can highly recommend it.  It's rock solid.  I'm 6'1" and it takes the pressure off my chest without buffeting my head.
That's odd. I tried it about a month but took it off, as I found it redirected wind from my chest to my head, u.e. ears. Naked is quieter for me. I'm a 6' shortarse.

Dangerous Dan

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: May 24, 2022, 11:59:27 pm
Windshield showed up Monday and I couldn't wait til the weekend to fit it so it got done at 8pm last night. First ride with it on this morning and it was a whole new bike! Can't believe the difference it makes, I get to work and I'm not feeling half worn out and the bike even feels more stable? Might be because I'm not getting buffeted about so much.
Has to be the best money I have spent so far on this thing.

Alan F.

• Grease Monkey
  • We remember the Night Rider, & we know who You are
Reply #9 on: May 25, 2022, 03:18:45 am
I just bought two Amazon cheapies and that Puig for 8" headlights, I'll try them all then probably stay with the Puig with Dart style mounts added to the bottom of the clocks for a 4-point mount.
North of Boston, MA - 2020 Orange Crush INT650

pedro__

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: May 25, 2022, 04:28:10 pm
Windshield showed up Monday and I couldn't wait til the weekend to fit it so it got done at 8pm last night. First ride with it on this morning and it was a whole new bike! Can't believe the difference it makes, I get to work and I'm not feeling half worn out and the bike even feels more stable? Might be because I'm not getting buffeted about so much.
Has to be the best money I have spent so far on this thing.

Thank you for feedback, i just ordered one for me, i got another duffle bag for 20$ also, that means ive put up a decent touring kit for total of 60$ lol  ;D
Speedfight 50cc 1997 , Interceptor 650 2021

Dangerous Dan

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: May 26, 2022, 12:24:00 am
The one I got just mounts onto the headlight brackets, it came with rubbish instructions for a different windshield entirely but it wasn't hard to figure out how to put it together and mount it. Biggest problem I had was setting my headlights height again to where I liked it!

pedro__

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 07:30:50 pm
The one I got just mounts onto the headlight brackets, it came with rubbish instructions for a different windshield entirely but it wasn't hard to figure out how to put it together and mount it. Biggest problem I had was setting my headlights height again to where I liked it!

I had same issue, i forgot initial position, and now ill see if i need to reajust headlight again. The windshield secondary supporting bracket looked kinda meh...maybe ill put  a long cylinder on it to stabilize it better, but as long as main one is tight, it isnt budging anywhere. The side screws were stainless too i believe.

The windshield is superb for not even 40$, awesome mod that i reccomend to anyone.
Speedfight 50cc 1997 , Interceptor 650 2021