Author Topic: Aftermarket speedo 4 Himalayan  (Read 637 times)

thonyns01

• Neophyte
on: May 13, 2022, 05:15:22 am
Hello, first post here. Looking for advise on the installation of a Koso TNT-01 on a Royal Enfield Himalayan 2019. I was able to advance on this work by myself with virtually no experience but am stuck at the rpms and kmph. Oh, and the high beam signal. Functions I was able to connect are turn lights, neutral, hazard and the overall power of the unit.

I have been reading, and still some things do not make sense with my current knowledge on electricals. Here are my straightforward questions:

Would you use Himalayan speed sensor at the wheel and just pair it with the cables coming from the new unit or you would buy Kosos universal sensor? Mine came without the sensor.

Then, none of the stock cables when connected directly send signals to the new one. There is apparently a way to do this, wrapping cable around ignition coil or something? Does anyone know how this can be done?

I have been riding with no readings 9n speedo and tack. But I do want to get it to work.

Thanks guys,

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 04:00:24 am
Check out the UCE section. There are highly detailed instructions by gashousegorilla from several years ago. I had installed a Koso TNT 01 unit in my Classic 500 using those.
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome