Author Topic: Lookit what the cat dug up....  (Read 540 times)

Casca

• Scooter
on: April 24, 2022, 07:14:01 pm
 ;D  Hey all, it's only been 5 or 6 years...After unbelievable problems and crises somehow I got some time on wifeys' laptop. Hell, I stole it for the day. Time to update.
 The bike is still on the road. Two summers back I went with 20w50 Castrol expecting our usual blistering weather. Never went above 95 F. I found that the clutch plates drag until the oil is hot, but no biggy. I'm going back to the 10w30 next change.
 I'm using the Dobeck Electronic Jet Kit, and have it dialed in so's the power is there as well as mileage. KN filter and cocktail shaker exhaust(what muffler) are it.
 Tires. Back Pirelli is gone, replaced with a very impressive Michelin Pilot. Front tire will juuuust pass inspection, but will be replaced with a Pilot very soon.
 Rear brake started making a moaning noise. Hm. Took a look at the front and lo and behold the pads were thin, so I suspected the rear is almost gone. Ordered a set for each from Cycle Gear, and surprise surprise, they had 'em for about 30 bucks. Today I'm gonna stick 'em in and do a reverse bleed/refill and 'Reginald' will be set for the summer.