Author Topic: Time for new tires  (Read 6079 times)

KD5ITM

• Financial Problem Solver - Life Insurance, Mortgage Protection, Retirement Protection
  • Grand Gearhead
on: March 14, 2022, 07:24:42 pm
With 10,800 miles on my 2014 GT, time to replace the Pirelli sport demon tires. I know there is many topics on this conversation in this form and not wanting to rehak "clown shoes vs non clown shoes", has anybody found a decent retro-looking Tire that still performs quite well?

I'm not much of an aggressive Rider the where I'm diving in the corners scraping the pigs. So I don't need the latest and greatest MotoGP Tire. Id love to throw a set of retro-looking Continentals or Avon tires on it, but still have a bit of confidence that they're not all show with no go.
2014 Continental GT 535
1979 Hurst/Olds W-30 “R” code
1967 Oldsmobile 442 W-30
1964 Volvo B18 544 Sport
1961 Willys Jeep Wagon

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 01:38:45 am
Probably any brand name tyre will do everything you need it to. And depends how retro you want to go. I'm loving my Avon Roadrider 2's and I think they llok great on the bike. If you want older school, how about Dunlop K81/TT100?

Also, 10,000 miles on a pair of Sport Demons is incredible. 
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Nasher

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 08:24:09 am
I got rid of the Pirelli OEM tyres long before they were worn out on my Continental GT

Their dreadful tendency for 'tram-lining'  (following imperfections in the road) made it difficult to filter through traffic

Avon Roadriders was my choice for replacement - Avon advertise that Roadriders don't suffer from tram-lining and I've found that claim is correct

I use them (or the 'race' equivalent) on 3 of my 4 bikes and am very happy with them - they work well in all conditions

« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 08:29:01 am by Nasher »

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 11:17:49 am

Avon Roadriders was my choice for replacement - Avon advertise that Roadriders don't suffer from tram-lining and I've found that claim is correct

I use them (or the 'race' equivalent) on 3 of my 4 bikes and am very happy with them - they work well in all conditions
Yes. We have a new expressway here with US style rain grooved concrete surface. The Roadriders are fine on it. Sport Demons wander around a bit and the Metzeler Lasertecs on my old Ducati are terrifying. I won't go on that road on that bike. When the metzelers wear out I'll switch to Avons on that bike too.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

StreetKleaver

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 11:10:01 am
Tyres and Oil are w very passionate topics on here.

I run a Shinko E270 18x4.00 on the rear. It's like a Firestone sawtooth pattern. A Bridgestone Accolade AC03 on the front. Both vintage looking.

With the Rear, you have to run a decent pressure or you'll feel the tread pattern. They're no track tyres. But daily rural/garbage roads where I am. They are perfectly fine.
59 Club UK/Australia
Instagram : @modern_day_rocker

HCB175

• Neophyte
Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 04:41:52 pm
Hey All... i noticed in a old post (2013) some guys talking about installing Shinko 705 on their bikes. the tire is a 4x18, what width are the rims? Will that work? cheers

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 03:06:20 am
Probably any brand name tyre will do everything you need it to. And depends how retro you want to go. I'm loving my Avon Roadrider 2's and I think they llok great on the bike. If you want older school, how about Dunlop K81/TT100?

Gizzo,

Not familiar with the Avon Roadrider 2's.  I am also in need of a set of tires.  My stock Sport Demons are hard as rocks with very little grip.  Can you ride reasonably aggressive with the Avon Roadrider's?  The descriptions I have read, do not really indicate anything other than "good handling".  Could you do a track day with them?

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 06:57:14 am
Gizzo,

Not familiar with the Avon Roadrider 2's.  I am also in need of a set of tires.  My stock Sport Demons are hard as rocks with very little grip.  Can you ride reasonably aggressive with the Avon Roadrider's?  The descriptions I have read, do not really indicate anything other than "good handling".  Could you do a track day with them?
Hey Captain Bob. Yes, you can do a track day with confidence on the RR2's. Have done so myself a few times. They're excellent. They also seem to be wearing quite well.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 07:00:23 am by gizzo »
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Taurim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 08:32:30 am
During classic races here, a lot of people are using Avon Roadrider on their bikes. Roadrider 2 is a recent evolution a the RR.
Very grippy but single compound so it may wear quickly in the middle with a single or a twin if you are doing too much straights roads.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #9 on: April 15, 2022, 11:59:46 am
During classic races here, a lot of people are using Avon Roadrider on their bikes. Roadrider 2 is a recent evolution a the RR.
Very grippy but single compound so it may wear quickly in the middle with a single or a twin if you are doing too much straights roads.
Road Rider is available in a race compound, that's possibly what they are using on the classic race bikes.

I've done 8000km on these Roadriders. They're wearing well. It looks like I might get 10,000km from the rear.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: April 16, 2022, 01:29:05 am
Hey Captain Bob. Yes, you can do a track day with confidence on the RR2's. Have done so myself a few times. They're excellent. They also seem to be wearing quite well.

Excellent!  Thank you, sir.  I will order a set.

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: April 16, 2022, 01:44:06 am
Road Rider is available in a race compound, that's possibly what they are using on the classic race bikes.

I've done 8000km on these Roadriders. They're wearing well. It looks like I might get 10,000km from the rear.

gizzo, Another question for you.... Are you running a 100/90-19 in the front?  Seems the stock tire is 90/90-19 and I cannot locate that size.  The front tire would be just a tad larger in diameter.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #12 on: April 16, 2022, 01:53:24 am
gizzo, Another question for you.... Are you running a 100/90-19 in the front?  Seems the stock tire is 90/90-19 and I cannot locate that size.  The front tire would be just a tad larger in diameter.

As far as I'm aware, the stock size for the CGT is 100/90-18. That's what mine came with and has always worn and it's the size listed in the owner's manual. Go for it. If yours has a 90/90-19, something's not right...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 01:56:13 am by gizzo »
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: April 16, 2022, 01:57:13 am
Interesting....  I just looked up the spec for the tire on-line and got the 90/90-19 for the front..  I am going to the bike right now to check the actual tire sizes.

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #14 on: April 16, 2022, 02:07:40 am
Really glad I checked....  You were right gizzo.  The tire specs I got on-line were completely bogus.  Glad I didn't order the tires based on those specs.  Front and rear were way off.  I will order the correct size now.  Thanks again for calling it out!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #15 on: April 16, 2022, 02:55:25 am
No worries mate. Glad you caught it before you ordered the tyres!! :o
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: April 16, 2022, 02:59:53 am
No worries mate. Glad you caught it before you ordered the tyres!! :o

Yeah, just ordered a set.  Even those sizes are out of stock at a lot of places here in the US.  I think I was lucky to find a set.  Hope to have them in about a week.  Then I can start to have some fun with the little bike.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #17 on: April 16, 2022, 04:07:00 am
Yeah, just ordered a set.  Even those sizes are out of stock at a lot of places here in the US.  I think I was lucky to find a set.  Hope to have them in about a week.  Then I can start to have some fun with the little bike.
It's the same over here. Even the big online warehouse tyre places are short of a lot of stock. I'm keeping a lookout for tyres I'll need several months from now.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Taurim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: April 16, 2022, 08:46:43 am

I did not saw that page !

https://www.avontyres.com/en-gb/tyres/am26-roadrider?cartype=racingbike

Ahem, 5000 Km here  :-[
Too much wear in the middle. Maybe the high speed test runs do not help  ;D
Most of the time I ride on small roads with a lot of 50 kph zones and acceleration after that. That probably doesn't help either.

I'm doing more Km than that with the Diablo Corsa 3 (a semi slick !) at the rear of my Monster 1100  :o But it's a tri compound, wear is much more evenly distributed.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #19 on: April 16, 2022, 11:34:18 am

Ahem, 5000 Km here  :-[
Too much wear in the middle. Maybe the high speed test runs do not help  ;D
Most of the time I ride on small roads with a lot of 50 kph zones and acceleration after that. That probably doesn't help either.

LOL, a lot of my riding is on tight twisty roads so maybe I spend more miles on the side of my tyres and preserve the centre longer  ;D. Also, mine doesn't make the power of yours.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Taurim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: April 17, 2022, 02:40:06 pm
LOL, a lot of my riding is on tight twisty roads so maybe I spend more miles on the side of my tyres and preserve the centre longer  ;D. Also, mine doesn't make the power of yours.

I'm not sure the power an torque are so incredibly superior  ;D

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #21 on: April 17, 2022, 03:31:03 pm
I did not saw that page !

https://www.avontyres.com/en-gb/tyres/am26-roadrider?cartype=racingbike

Interesting about the race tires.  The standard road rider tires can be purchased in two different speed ratings.  The slower one is 130mph and the faster one is 149mph.  prices for the two different speed rated tires are the same.  When I ordered my tires, I could only find one tire with the lower rating and the other with the higher rating.  I could not find a set with the same speed rating.   Uh.... my bike will probably never see 130mph so I am not too concerned.   ;D

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #22 on: April 17, 2022, 08:50:50 pm
Uh.... my bike will probably never see 130mph so I am not too concerned.   ;D
And if it does, it'll be the trailer tyres you'll need to worry about 😜
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #23 on: April 17, 2022, 10:07:42 pm
And if it does, it'll be the trailer tyres you'll need to worry about 😜

Good one!  That was too funny!   (but also true!)

SMLE535

• Scooter
  • Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne
Reply #24 on: April 20, 2022, 05:39:26 am
...The slower one is 130mph and the faster one is 149mph...

I'd go the 149 - live in hope, you never know ;)

I'll be going for Phantoms. That's what I've always used (other than the 996 lol)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 05:41:37 am by Rule 303 »
Freo WA
Ducati 500 Pantah
Ducati GT750
Ducati 996 SP
Continental GT535

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #25 on: May 08, 2022, 06:24:35 am
Finally got a chance to put the new tires on.  What a big difference.  I can feel the grip.  I like the way these new tires handle as well.  We just need some decent weather (and I need some time) so I can take her out and give her a good thrashing!  lol.

Casca

• Scooter
Reply #26 on: May 10, 2022, 07:46:57 pm
My rear has been replaced with a Michelin Pilot-great service so far, the front Pirelli will get me through inspection(whew) and a matching front goes there. Retro not at all. The Avons and Dunlops are just too much money for to little life, outstanding tires but too soft for Texas summer roads. They'd probably unroll like a jellyroll... 8)

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #27 on: May 10, 2022, 09:19:20 pm
My rear has been replaced with a Michelin Pilot-great service so far, the front Pirelli will get me through inspection(whew) and a matching front goes there. Retro not at all. The Avons and Dunlops are just too much money for to little life, outstanding tires but too soft for Texas summer roads. They'd probably unroll like a jellyroll... 8)

I looked for a set of Michelin's but couldn't find any available.  I like Michelins myself.  You are right, the Avon's are quite pricey.  I had a hard time finding them as well.  When I road raced, Michelin's were my tire of choice.  Other brands, Pirelli, Dunlop, etc. were OK but, I found the feedback you receive from Michelin's incredible.  I doubt I will be pushing the CGT that hard.  My days of that stuff are over but, You do need to feel confident that you have decent grip in your tires.  These feel pretty good so far.  As far as longevity goes, I have heard others say the same as you.  Hopefully, when time comes for another set, Michelins will be available.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #28 on: May 10, 2022, 10:45:19 pm
I've just been looking for a new rear Avon AM26 but theyre out of stock everywhere. My local tyre shop could only sell me that dreary Dunlop gt601, not a fan. Ordered a Michelin Road Classic for $200 delivered.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

StreetKleaver

• Grease Monkey
Reply #29 on: May 11, 2022, 01:10:01 am
I've actually ordered a Bridgestone Accolade for the rear to match the front I was that pleased with the handling the front provided.
The Shinko Rear. While it looks great. I've outgrown how it handles, once you hit the shoulder, it wants to tip you over more, it's ok when you're ready for it. But not ideal.

This is what I'm running up front a 90/100 18  Bridgestone Accolade AC03. (Pictured LEFT)
It made me feel a lot more confident!

For the rear I've ordered a Accolade AC02 4.00 x18. (Pictured RIGHT)
Which equates to a 100/110 90/95 x 18 depending on how makes the tyre.
I didn't like the 130 wide tyre, personal preference. Especially with a lot of long straight flat boring roads where I live, can count the nice corners on one hand. The tarmac is'nt the best either. That course aggregate stone tarmac, not the smooth bitumen.  :(
The stock 130 wide tyre had a huge flat spot in the center from the straight boring roads in the Queensland area I live when I bought the bike.
the 4.00x18 is a little taller in diameter too so it acts like a extra tooth on the drive sprocket. I found no clearance issues either from running the current 4.00x18 tyre.

Both have a H (210km/h) speed rating. Which this thing will never get there.
Should arrive this week. :)
59 Club UK/Australia

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #30 on: May 11, 2022, 02:24:53 am
Man, those guys would be as spooky as f.ck on the rain grooved concrete expressway that was built near me recently. Anything with radial grooves is horrible. The bike weaves from side to side, and doesn't seem to be any correlation between the front and rear wheel. They just do their own things. Not a problem for me though because I don't use it very often. Just saying. My old Pantah has Lasertecs on. They're very heavy on the radial grooves. I won't take it on that road.

But the ones you're getting, they look like they'd be pretty comfortable on your bumpy roads. Let the pressure down a bit and let that tall sidewall soak up the bumps.

I had an email this morning to say my Michelin isn't in stock either (Motorcycle Tyre Warehouse, up your way. excellent service), then a few minutes later the local tyre guy called back to say he'd tracked down a AM26 if I want it! Happy days  :) .
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

StreetKleaver

• Grease Monkey
Reply #31 on: May 11, 2022, 03:04:26 am
Man, those guys would be as spooky as f.ck on the rain grooved concrete expressway that was built near me recently. Anything with radial grooves is horrible. The bike weaves from side to side, and doesn't seem to be any correlation between the front and rear wheel. They just do their own things. Not a problem for me though because I don't use it very often. Just saying. My old Pantah has Lasertecs on. They're very heavy on the radial grooves. I won't take it on that road.

But the ones you're getting, they look like they'd be pretty comfortable on your bumpy roads. Let the pressure down a bit and let that tall sidewall soak up the bumps.

I had an email this morning to say my Michelin isn't in stock either (Motorcycle Tyre Warehouse, up your way. excellent service), then a few minutes later the local tyre guy called back to say he'd tracked down a AM26 if I want it! Happy days  :) .
Motorcycle tyre warehouse is fantastic. Always pretty quick with their service.

Luckily there isn't a rain grooved expressway until you hit closer to around the Coffs region in NSW.
All the roads in Queensland, especially the highways/motorways are that smooth Bitumen or Concrete. B roads and Country roads is that course aggregate. Closest tram line is in the Gold Coast and its mostly got its own corridor.

My Bullet has Mitas H01 and H02. The H01 is radial grooved and sticks like sh*t to a blanket. It corners better than the bike will allow and I can get pegs dragging and throwing sparks.  ;D
Although I found tyres and oil on forums/FB groups are a touchy subject like footy teams. Depends where you live and ride mostly. I have windy roads in the hinterland of the Sunshine coast, but that's a 3hr hike just to get to them. Which I'm hoping to get down this weekend but its pissing monsoonal rain atm.
59 Club UK/Australia

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #32 on: May 11, 2022, 03:16:07 am
I've just been looking for a new rear Avon AM26 but theyre out of stock everywhere. My local tyre shop could only sell me that dreary Dunlop gt601, not a fan. Ordered a Michelin Road Classic for $200 delivered.

Yikes!  $200 just for the rear.  That is pricey.  Will be a good tire though!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #33 on: May 11, 2022, 04:20:08 am
Yikes!  $200 just for the rear.  That is pricey.  Will be a good tire though!
Australian dollars, though. Everything's dearer here.

Although I found tyres and oil on forums/FB groups are a touchy subject like footy teams.
I hear you. Everyone thinks they're an expert. Makes me laugh when guys go on about this or that tyre and I think how Surtees, Hailwood et al used to wail around on those skinny tyres that look like they belong on a postie bike 😂
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #34 on: May 12, 2022, 05:13:48 pm
It would be much better idea to buy a cheap tire and donate the difference to some world saving foundation.  ;)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: May 12, 2022, 06:46:55 pm
It would be much better idea to buy a cheap tire and donate the difference to some world saving foundation.  ;)

Like Greta's?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 06:52:16 pm by Richard230 »
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #36 on: May 12, 2022, 09:55:03 pm
Like Greta's?  ;)

Good one!  LMAO!   ;D

kelsoo

• Scooter
Reply #37 on: May 14, 2022, 11:38:57 pm

Agreed. 10,000 is amazing. Doubt I'll get 4000miles on my rear

I got rid of the Pirelli OEM tyres long before they were worn out on my Continental GT

Their dreadful tendency for 'tram-lining'  (following imperfections in the road) made it difficult to filter through traffic

Same here horrid "white lining"  as we call it. Actually pretty scary.
2018 535 Continental GT
2006 Ducati Multistrada 1000s DS
1998 Aprilia Pegaso 650
1985 Kawasaki GPZ1000RX
early US import Kawasaki z550LTD (Bobber)
1984 Honda VF500FII
1995 Moto Guzzi NTX 750 (XPA police bike version)

Good Vibes

• Good Vibes
  • Scooter
  • 50 years of Motorcycling and still love it
Reply #38 on: May 19, 2022, 02:42:34 am
My Sport Demon rear tyre (tire for USA)  got below warrant of fitness acceptance at 6000km.
Ralph from New Zealand

GT Continental 535
RE Bullet Classic 500
Honda Dream 200 twin
Matchless 500 single
Norton ES2 500 single
Yamaha YDS3 250 twin
Matchless G9 500 twin
BSA C11 250

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #39 on: May 19, 2022, 02:45:00 am
My Sport Demon rear tyre (tire for USA)  got below warrant of fitness acceptance at 6000km.
Yes, they don't seem to last long. And your roads are especially abrasive.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #40 on: May 19, 2022, 03:41:47 pm
Yes, they don't seem to last long. And your roads are especially abrasive.

Right now... everything over here is becoming exceptionally abrasive!  lol

SMLE535

• Scooter
  • Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne
Reply #41 on: May 20, 2022, 06:36:46 am
Right now... everything over here is becoming exceptionally abrasive!  lol

hehe  ;D good one Bob
Freo WA
Ducati 500 Pantah
Ducati GT750
Ducati 996 SP
Continental GT535

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #42 on: May 21, 2022, 03:01:43 am
Summit Racing carry the Duro HF-308 in both 3.50x19 and 4.00x19 for not a lot of money. They are like the old K70 or Pirelli "Street Universal", good wear and reasonable dirt road traction. I'm looking at likely 10K-12K out of my 4.00x19 rear on my 500 Pre-Unit.

Even my docile ES350 has scrubbed off most of its 3.50x19 K70 Dunlop in maybe 3,500 miles. The new K70's stick well but are very soft compared to the same tire sold in the 1970's.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #43 on: May 21, 2022, 02:06:15 pm
Summit Racing carry the Duro HF-308 in both 3.50x19 and 4.00x19 for not a lot of money. They are like the old K70 or Pirelli "Street Universal", good wear and reasonable dirt road traction. I'm looking at likely 10K-12K out of my 4.00x19 rear on my 500 Pre-Unit.

That is excellent mileage.  I can sneak 10K out of my HD if I am careful.  Sounds like a great tire.  I have K70's on my 55 Woodsman.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #44 on: May 21, 2022, 07:38:27 pm
I've never got more than 5k km out of my tires though. Now on second pair of Metzeler Lasertecs.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #45 on: May 21, 2022, 08:01:35 pm
Some of us ride harder than others... ;D

I expect more than 4,000 miles between tire wrestling episodes. At maybe 16-22 BHP, chuffing about on my machines can't possibly burn off anywhere near the rubber Derottone does scrubbing his GT's Lasertecs around every bend.

The Duro HF-308 is good for general knocking about on a wide variety of surfaces, but it isn't for strafing apexes at speed. I'm sure the Metzlers are a way better choice for anyone with an interest in serious asphalt carving, but they are economical, work well for me, and hold up reasonably well, just like the K70's of old used to.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Nasher

• Scooter
Reply #46 on: May 22, 2022, 08:19:41 am
I use Douro tyres on my Mountain Unicycle and get about 1000 miles (1600 km) out of it😀

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #47 on: May 22, 2022, 11:05:20 am
I've never got more than 5k km out of my tires though. Now on second pair of Metzeler Lasertecs.
I'm only getting around 3.5 km (2200 miles) from the Lasertecs on my Ducati. Not amazing considering they're supposed to be sport touring tyres. To be fair, it's a little bit heavier and twice the power your GT. On the upside, they have classic looks and stick like shit to a  blanket. I'd use them at the track, no worries. The AM26's are wearing amazingly though.

I use Douro tyres on my Mountain Unicycle and get about 1000 miles (1600 km) out of it😀

Do you get those flat spots at 90 deg to the cranks from turning and idling? I need to rotate the tyre on the rim of my street uni periodically, to use up all the tyre.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #48 on: May 22, 2022, 02:31:59 pm
I'm only getting around 3.5 km (2200 miles) from the Lasertecs on my Ducati. Not amazing considering they're supposed to be sport touring tyres. To be fair, it's a little bit heavier and twice the power your GT. On the upside, they have classic looks and stick like shit to a  blanket. I'd use them at the track, no worries. The AM26's are wearing amazingly though.

Do you get those flat spots at 90 deg to the cranks from turning and idling? I need to rotate the tyre on the rim of my street uni periodically, to use up all the tyre.

I don't ride overly enthusiasticly. It always wears out in the middle leaving the chicken rings standing.  :(

What an embarrassment.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 02:41:02 pm by derottone »

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #49 on: May 22, 2022, 04:40:34 pm
All this talk about tires wearing out.....  I think I will wear some rubber off my tires now!   ;D

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #50 on: May 22, 2022, 07:37:54 pm
All this talk about tires wearing out.....  I think I will wear some rubber off my tires now!   ;D

Perfect!
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E