Author Topic: RE 125 magneto flywheel  (Read 844 times)

Rocket Pemberton

• Neophyte
on: January 21, 2023, 03:43:07 am
Just joined this forum. Have a 1947 RE 125. Fairly certain that the flywheel magneto ignition magnet needs remagnetizing. Does anyone know how to do this? Have been looking for people who do it for old outboard motors etc. but no joy. Can anyone help me with this?

TonyVanda

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 10:53:57 am
Where you at Pembo?
Aarrrgh, an oil drip!

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 01:19:56 pm
/checks member profile.

Vancouver, Canada!

This is for magnetos other than the flywheel sort, but the same principles surely apply.

http://www.brightsparkmagnetos.com/library/LWImags/Remagnetisation%20of%20magnetos,%20Sec%20D-6,%20Issue%202.pdf

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Rocket Pemberton

• Neophyte
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 06:12:04 pm
Thanks for the Lucas instructions. Yes, the principles are the same. There is a Lucas and BTH mag repair man close to me. He has the remagnetising equipment for rotating magnetos such as K1F, K2V etc. It won't fit on a flywheel magneto. My best guess is to place a large group of rare earth magnets against the flywheel ignition magnet and stimulate a recharge of said magnet. It would be good to measure before and after with a Gauss meter but I don't have access to one. I was hoping to find someone who had successfully recharged a flywheel magnet and use the same technique.
RP

royaloilfield

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 12:45:52 pm
https://www.scooterwest.com/flywheel-re-magnetizing-labor-remag.html

My buddy used these guys for remagnetizing his Parrila wild cat scrambler flywheel.