Author Topic: New member, just ordered GT 650 Mr. Clean  (Read 2401 times)

Windtherapy

• Scooter
on: July 20, 2021, 02:09:43 pm
Was riding around on my hayabusa as I stumbled past a Royal Enfield shop with these three bikes parked outside. Went up and talked to the shop owner and test rode the Interceptor, Himalayan and the GT. I was absolutely stupified that I was having more fun and more comfortable riding the GT than my hayabusa. Clip ons and rear sets but I was as comfortable riding it as a standard bike!

Couple days later I sold my beloved busa and put in an order and downpayment for a GT. It should be ready for delivery early next week.

I got these accessories as well and they will be mounted by the shop before I pick it up!

Engine guard.
Crash guard.
Oil cooler guard.
Low windscreen.
Double touring seat with double seat cowl.
Headlamp grill in black.
Bar end mirrors.
Slash cut exhaust (Hitchcocks).

I think the bike in chrome and with the accessories is gonna look incredible, stoked! And I agree with the old quote: ”It’s more fun riding a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow”!
2021 Continental GT 650 Mr. Clean

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 03:16:21 pm
Was riding around on my hayabusa as I stumbled past a Royal Enfield shop with these three bikes parked outside. Went up and talked to the shop owner and test rode the Interceptor, Himalayan and the GT. I was absolutely stupified that I was having more fun and more comfortable riding the GT than my hayabusa. Clip ons and rear sets but I was as comfortable riding it as a standard bike!

Couple days later I sold my beloved busa and put in an order and downpayment for a GT. It should be ready for delivery early next week.

I got these accessories as well and they will be mounted by the shop before I pick it up!

Engine guard.
Crash guard.
Oil cooler guard.
Low windscreen.
Double touring seat with double seat cowl.
Headlamp grill in black.
Bar end mirrors.
Slash cut exhaust (Hitchcocks).

I think the bike in chrome and with the accessories is gonna look incredible, stoked! And I agree with the old quote: ”It’s more fun riding a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow”!
Welcome to the forum. Your post caught my eye because this past Saturday I rode my Royal Enfield to test ride a 2022 Hayabusa and likely will have one in a few months from now. One of the best take-aways for me was that as I rode my Interceptor home, I was instantly aware that my RE had not been lessened in my mind. Still love it and will be keeping it.
We committed bikers are in a continuous dating game. ;)
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Windtherapy

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 04:02:34 pm
Welcome to the forum. Your post caught my eye because this past Saturday I rode my Royal Enfield to test ride a 2022 Hayabusa and likely will have one in a few months from now. One of the best take-aways for me was that as I rode my Interceptor home, I was instantly aware that my RE had not been lessened in my mind. Still love it and will be keeping it.
We committed bikers are in a continuous dating game. ;)

Can’t agree more! You will love the 2022 busa, it’s a comfortable rocket. Just be aware of the speedo as 100mph feels like 50mph!

iblastoff

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 05:13:01 pm
congrats. i also have a 2021 mr clean. my journey wasnt as joyful and im still contemplating selling it off eventually but we'll see!

Windtherapy

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 05:41:07 pm
congrats. i also have a 2021 mr clean. my journey wasnt as joyful and im still contemplating selling it off eventually but we'll see!

Thanks! What was the issue when you bought yours? Sad to hear you’re thinking about selling such a new bike!

ReddingRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 06:04:35 pm
Thanks! What was the issue when you bought yours? Sad to hear you’re thinking about selling such a new bike!

Uh oh….
2016 F700GS
2021 INTerceptor 650

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 06:32:18 pm

His new bike had a problem. Straight off, Royal Enfield US gave him a new one off a dealer's showroom floor. Seemingly, understandably, he's still pissed off about it.
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Windtherapy

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 06:39:37 pm
His new bike had a problem. Straight off, Royal Enfield US gave him a new one off a dealer's showroom floor. Seemingly, understandably, he's still pissed off about it.

As far as i’m concerned, doesn’t matter if it’s RE or Rolls Royce. There’s always gonna be a lemon vehicle off every couple of thousand units. That’s why the 3 year warranty is such a attractive deal. If it survives 3 seasons, more than likely you can keep it for life with basic repairs/maintenance. Not that much to go wrong either with a airhead engine with basic wiring. ABS being the most complicated thing on it.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 07:35:59 pm
As far as i’m concerned, doesn’t matter if it’s RE or Rolls Royce. There’s always gonna be a lemon vehicle off every couple of thousand units. That’s why the 3 year warranty is such a attractive deal. If it survives 3 seasons, more than likely you can keep it for life with basic repairs/maintenance. Not that much to go wrong either with a airhead engine with basic wiring. ABS being the most complicated thing on it.
+1

whippers

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: July 20, 2021, 09:02:27 pm
Every time I see reference to a Mr Clean the Jam song goes off in my head.

Daylight dawns
You wake up and yawn
Mr. Clean
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor Baker Express
2007 Ducati Monster S4RS

The older I get the Faster I was

supercub

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: July 20, 2021, 09:25:27 pm
I wanted a Mr Clean, it was the first 650 I saw out on the street and I couldn't get my hands on one but I love my Ice Queen.
2021 Conti GT650 "Ice Queen"
1965 Honda CB160
2016 Honda CB500
2019 Suzuki TU250
Other project bikes

Windtherapy

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: July 20, 2021, 10:42:50 pm
I wanted a Mr Clean, it was the first 650 I saw out on the street and I couldn't get my hands on one but I love my Ice Queen.

The Ice Queen is beautiful as well!

Spicyred

• Ice Queenslander (Australia)
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 12:37:58 am
The Ice Queen is beautiful as well!

Obviously, no argument from me!

Good to have you aboard.
Regarding accessories, we’ll share the headlight grille, crash guards, and seat though my pipes are the AE102’s.

We’ll also share the brilliant riding position, as my experience in that regard reflects your assessment in your first paragraph of the thread.

Enjoy :)
Current rides:
2021 Himalayan
2023 RNineT
Most recent:
2019 Ice Queen GT650

fireypete

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 01:24:56 am
Chalk and cheese bikes there a magic bus vs en Enfield!
Coming off a powerful bike I have found the Interceptor just so relaxing to ride, don't have to concentrate so hard, don't want push hard,dice traffic, pass everything. Just chillin out and enjoying a ride that reflects the heritage of motorcying, no electric everything, simple machine. Just like my dad would have ridden. I'm now at the stage where I can comfortably say, I don't need more.

birguy

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 02:37:51 am
Chalk and cheese bikes there a magic bus vs en Enfield!
Coming off a powerful bike I have found the Interceptor just so relaxing to ride, don't have to concentrate so hard, don't want push hard,dice traffic, pass everything. Just chillin out and enjoying a ride that reflects the heritage of motorcying, no electric everything, simple machine. Just like my dad would have ridden. I'm now at the stage where I can comfortably say, I don't need more.

I tend to ride a fast bike fast. I don't need that anymore since speeding tickets get expensive. I got the interceptor and love riding it. Main complaint is the suspension doesn't work well for me, but I'm piecewise upgrading it and will stop when it is good enough for me. I have the preload adjusters coming for the front forks. If that isn't good enough I will try some emulators next.