Author Topic: Absolutely Lovely Review of The Classic 350 by Sagar Sheldekar  (Read 1524 times)

Sage_bhot

• Neophyte
If you love the Classic 350 as I do then you'll love this Absolutely lovely review of this juggernaut done by the Maestro Sagar Sheldekar. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPMLFUM1V34&t=14s

Go check it out and give it a thumbs up.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 12:55:50 pm
Thanks for the tip! I rather enjoyed that. The style is reminiscent of the popular "Old Delhi Motorcycles" at https://youtu.be/O-JwZfLKX1U. Even the thoughtful mannerisms of the narrator remind me of those of the earlier film's Bobbee Singh's.

In contrast, Goa, the former Portuguese colony and this review's location, seems lovely, and is a place I'd like to visit one day. Delhi not so much.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 01:03:31 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 07:45:31 pm
Great presentation & photography! I thought Sagar's points were well made. Tremendous job - worthy of a factory effort.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 08:54:26 am
An interesting review. 
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 09:04:03 pm
I never pay to much attention to reviews in this day and age you don’t know who is paying them, the fact is the bike is underpowered.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 07:28:51 pm
It's a single cylinder SOHC, long stroke, 2 valve, counterbalanced, relatively lightweight 350cc fuel sipper intended primarily for the Indian home market, it's not intended to be a replacement for an RZ350/RD400, a 330 Ninja, an old rotary valve A7 Avenger or even the venerable 1970's era CB350 twin. Underpowered? Where's the pix of you suited up astride your 600 pound Hayabusa or ZX14 if we're so worried about HP?

The 350 Meteor is good for its intended purpose. If you want speed, those bikes are all over the place. We all know that $2000 will get you a nice used asphalt scratcher. Apples to apples - go test ride the Royal Enfield Meteor and the Honda H'ness, then write your own review and post it here. Sharpshooting and casting shade on someone who's made a darn good effort to express their opinion is unnecessary & petty. Sagar's video is just input for those actually interested in buying the new Meteor. We all know that either of those two machines essentially replicate the performance envelop of a pre-unit 500cc Bullet, but with a better gearbox and less oil leakage.

But anyone interested in either of these machines will make up their own mind anyway, regardless of any reviews. Something about plonking down $4K - $5K cold cash really stimulates the brains selection circuits.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 04:32:15 pm
Certainly not RD 400 l had one of those that would pull the pants off you, personally the bike just is two low on power for me, l will stick with my 500 and 5 grand l don’t have.