Author Topic: Hi from Brisbane  (Read 1508 times)

beagle

• Grease Monkey
  • Australia
on: June 20, 2021, 09:42:11 am
Ive just added a chrome 500 classic to my 650 interceptor. I had a 350 classic a few years ago, but back then they were carby models.  Ive ordered a booster plug (same as the 650) to keep it from being too lean and am asking if anything else needs doing.  I'm not after speed, just wanting it to run well.  Any assistance is appreciated.
Drink now....avoid the Xmas rush.
greetings from Brisbane, Australia

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 11:01:08 am
Congrats on the new bike, Beags.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

beagle

• Grease Monkey
  • Australia
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 07:26:21 am
Congrats on the new bike, Beags.

Thanks mate...Two chrome bikes in the garage....the cleaning...what was I thinking...lol...  It hits a good hway speed when going over a cliff, and stops brilliantly when it hits the bottom, is about all I can say about it.  Has a lot more grunt than the 350 I had for a while.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 11:16:21 pm
Thanks mate...Two chrome bikes in the garage....the cleaning...what was I thinking...lol... 
Like my neighbor with his black and chrome Harley. He won't come riding unless the weather's perfect.  ;D
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 12:28:38 am
id say a plug swap if its stock. try ngkbpr6es -works fine in mine. no need to gap just throw it straight in.
the booster plug does help on these euro 4's thats why mine is still in. bike runs smoother or mine does
go over the hole bike and check if all the bolts are tight and re-check them later with help from some blue loctite
no need to touch the air cleaner unless you want to waste cash...it won't help you unless you have a good piggy back ecu-worked motor and sports exhaust
run it in slow with plenty of heat cycles.
do 3 oil filter changes in first 1000 klm and add a magnet to the sump plug to pick up extra rubbish in the motor
oil change at 200,500 1000 klm
stay clear of top speed runs for at least 2000 klm
never fill the gas tank any higher than those two bars near the neck
dont touch the throttle on start up and if you have too-add a bit extra with the bi-starter. to help it run better from cold start
give it 2 minutes at idle prior to moving off. my tests have show from a dead cold motor it actually took 20 minutes riding up to 100 klm to actually get the oil warm.
always let the ecu run its cycle before you start it up. ive had the odd rough idle incident not sticking to that on a euro4
some of the above info may be of use to you

beagle

• Grease Monkey
  • Australia
Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 12:35:30 am
Like my neighbor with his black and chrome Harley. He won't come riding unless the weather's perfect.  ;D

Good one...I've cleaned the 650 chrome three times in the two years Ive had it. I'm a believer that a fine layer of oil, shit and dust on top  does preserve the finish.  Many may have differing views...lol...

beagle

• Grease Monkey
  • Australia
Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 12:38:03 am
id say a plug swap if its stock. try ngkbpr6es -works fine in mine. no need to gap just throw it straight in.
the booster plug does help on these euro 4's thats why mine is still in. bike runs smoother or mine does
go over the hole bike and check if all the bolts are tight and re-check them later with help from some blue loctite
no need to touch the air cleaner unless you want to waste cash...it won't help you unless you have a good piggy back ecu-worked motor and sports exhaust
run it in slow with plenty of heat cycles.
do 3 oil filter changes in first 1000 klm and add a magnet to the sump plug to pick up extra rubbish in the motor
oil change at 200,500 1000 klm
stay clear of top speed runs for at least 2000 klm
never fill the gas tank any higher than those two bars near the neck
dont touch the throttle on start up and if you have too-add a bit extra with the bi-starter. to help it run better from cold start
give it 2 minutes at idle prior to moving off. my tests have show from a dead cold motor it actually took 20 minutes riding up to 100 klm to actually get the oil warm.
always let the ecu run its cycle before you start it up. ive had the odd rough idle incident not sticking to that on a euro4
some of the above info may be of use to you

Thanks for the feedback mate...I have followed some of your videos and I do like the bullet.

supercub

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 05:36:29 pm
Do they still sell the bullet in the US? I haven't found any inventory. I would really dig a chrome tanker.
2021 Conti GT650 "Ice Queen"
1965 Honda CB160
2016 Honda CB500
2019 Suzuki TU250
Other project bikes

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 10:56:31 pm
Do they still sell the bullet in the US? I haven't found any inventory. I would really dig a chrome tanker.

There may be a few Bullets or "Classic" singles still languishing in showrooms here or there. You might try calling around. The problem with online searches is that LOTS of dealerships seem to advertise stock for sale that they don't have and now probably cannot get. And at this point you might have to be a bit flexible on the color scheme.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.