Author Topic: If some's good, more's better...?  (Read 314 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Laissez le bon temps rouler! Fresno, CA
Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 04:11:37 pm
Thanks, but no. I was just wargaming another use for that Rocket-3 beast. 800 pounds is "manly-man" territory indeed, a good machine for basketball & pro-football players.
However, I would like to see some pics of your project. The 1500cc 'Wing is an awesome platform to work from. A reverse trike would certainly benefit from that engine configuration.
A trifecta of Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Keef Sparrow

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 02:12:41 pm
I've ridden a few of these, I put around 5K on one of the early ones. I'm not a fan of them, but when you twist the throttle it's no joke. Those things pull like a mule going up a ladder and then some.
According to recent reviews in the UK's 'Bike' magazine the handling on the new Rocket 3s is amazingly light  and sharp considering the size and weight of the machine. I know earlier models had the top speed artificially restricted due to high speed handling issues though. I've seen a YouTube video of a guy with a turbocharged one pulling wheelies and all sort of stunts.  :P
Past: CB125-T2, T500, GT500, Speed Triple, 955i Daytona. Now: Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 500