Author Topic: Lift table  (Read 3630 times)

ATXConti650

• Piltdowne Mann - Old Fart - New Bike
  • Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 08:27:42 pm
I'm looking to get a lift table so I don't have to crawl around on the floor to work on my Interceptor. I know some of you have experience with these so I'm hoping to get some ideas about what to buy, $1500 or so is probably my max.

Got my HF lift used for $125 USD. Ditched the clamp and got a roll on. Kind of difficult to roll it out of the chock but getting the hang of it.. Fella I got mine from had bolted a set of HF steel ramps one to a side to give him extra width that could be removed. I chose not to use them and so far so good. Seen youtube videos to convert to a pneumatic lift id desired. If I need to move the lift with the moto on it I drop it down and roll it around okay. It's very stable.
2019 Continental GT 650 Black Magic, 1979 Kreidler M19, 1953 Kreidler K50, 2013 Suzuki Savage 650 Single Cylinder Thumper

biscot

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: June 29, 2021, 11:00:46 pm
What can I say - what a luxury, no more crawling around on a concrete floor. Too old for that. 😀😀

JP33090

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: June 29, 2021, 11:22:16 pm
What can I say - what a luxury, no more crawling around on a concrete floor. Too old for that. 😀😀

That’s an awful nice set up. I’m jealous.

biscot

• Grease Monkey
Reply #18 on: June 29, 2021, 11:48:25 pm
p.s. if anybody is interested, it’s an APlus MT1500x. Not the cheapest, but a fantastic lift and great folks to deal with.

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 12:14:58 am
Terrific choice......congrats. 8)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 04:05:25 pm
Just resurrecting this old thread to show this possible ca. $50 DIY modular/disassemblable solution for those, like me, who might be too "space challenged" to house some bigass motorcycle lift or one of those clever DIY WWII wooden "Field Bench" things discussed earlier. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/NbYeFCe5LhU. The website referenced in the video now seems dead as Cleopatra's cat, but thanks to the 'Wayback Machine', you can still find the plans and other assembly descriptions at: https://web.archive.org/web/20141103081848/http://www.bbcracing.com/old/box/.

An honorable mention might also go out to another fellow who popped up in my feed who'd modded his own little Harbor Fright '1,500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Lift', also discussed earlier in this thread, for about $200 in materials into a bigger platformed one:
https://youtu.be/Fp8bI03-Apg. My lift's proven a little too useful just as-is for tire changes and the like to be cutting it up, but thought I should put this here just for others' consideration, if only because it's gotta be easier to hump around and store than the full size 350+ lb. one.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 04:11:01 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #21 on: July 15, 2021, 07:08:14 pm
Just resurrecting this old thread to show this possible ca. $50 DIY modular/disassemblable solution for those, like me, who might be too "space challenged" to house some bigass motorcycle lift or one of those clever DIY WWII wooden "Field Bench" things discussed earlier. Here's the video: https://youtu.be/NbYeFCe5LhU. The website referenced in the video now seems dead as Cleopatra's cat, but thanks to the 'Wayback Machine', you can still find the plans and other assembly descriptions at: https://web.archive.org/web/20141103081848/http://www.bbcracing.com/old/box/.

An honorable mention might also go out to another fellow who popped up in my feed who'd modded his own little Harbor Fright '1,500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Lift', also discussed earlier in this thread, for about $200 in materials into a bigger platformed one:
https://youtu.be/Fp8bI03-Apg. My lift's proven a little too useful just as-is for tire changes and the like to be cutting it up, but thought I should put this here just for others' consideration, if only because it's gotta be easier to hump around and store than the full size 350+ lb. one.
As some know, I have already have a lift table that I bought during the Eisenhower administration ;).
I agree with both fabricators in your videos that I never use my lift at full height. Usually about 2 ft is just right.
    If I needed to start from scratch and if money and storage is a consideration ... (always is) ...
I'd just mount a wheel chock to my bike ramp and use two paddock stands to lift the ramp.  Now you have the 2 ft height (wheel & tire = 10" + paddock 12"). You can still use your little jack under the engine. The "roll up" happens at floor level and in the end you still have a bike ramp and 2 paddock stands. You can add as many straps as your comfort level demands.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: July 16, 2021, 07:26:07 am
I've had this pneumatic lift unit for 18 years bought locally. I've had to replace the actuator piston seal in it once. I also have a Quickjack pair at home for the car and anyone considering something like this might be interested in the idea that you can buy the Quickjacks and also the motorcycle accessory for them. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Ciao
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: July 16, 2021, 01:56:06 pm
But all being equal l think the HF lift is exceptional value and if anything breaks there is nothing there you can't weld or fabricate the Best Buy for home use.

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: July 17, 2021, 01:13:51 am
But all being equal l think the HF lift is exceptional value and if anything breaks there is nothing there you can't weld or fabricate the Best Buy for home use.

True.

Ciao
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

GravyDavy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: July 18, 2021, 01:24:30 am
My garage is just too stuffed for any kind of lift table, so I get to kneel on the concrete.  I guess that's the price of having lots of toys and tools, and not a whole lot of money.

First World problems.

6504me

• Grand Gearhead
  • SW USA
Reply #26 on: July 18, 2021, 04:04:12 am
My garage is just too stuffed for any kind of lift table, so I get to kneel on the concrete.  I guess that's the price of having lots of toys and tools, and not a whole lot of money.

First World problems.

Make it easier on yourself... Harbor Freight

biscot

• Grease Monkey
Reply #27 on: July 23, 2021, 11:59:30 pm
Just an update/review of my APlus lift table, after one month.
I didn’t use the supplied front wheel vise, because I want to be able to service both wheels while it is up on the lift, and I love my PitBull paddock stands, so I installed a Condor trailer wheel chock instead. I can lift the front end with my paddock stand and remove the wheel chock by pullng the pins (the regular wheel vise doesn’t have the clearance for the paddock stand).
I have the side extensions, so the lift is 48” wide. With the Condor chock, I just ride the motorcycle onto the lift - it’s so easy to do that, I just use that to park the bike instead of wheeling it in beside it.
It’s a hydraulic lift, so just pushing on the foot pedal it magically rises up. I admit I’m now spoiied - no more crawling on the floor. I don’t know if I’d have the cojones to ride it up without the side extensions  :D
As a bonus, I can still drive my Jeep into the garage for service, as it has enough clearance to drive over the lift when it’s down, although I have to remove the side extensions to do that. My wife’s car doesn’t have the clearance, but I don’t touch it anyway - I leave it to the Honda shop.
No complaints with the APlusLift, except the foot pedal is a little flaky, which I guess is a common complaint.