Author Topic: Pegasus Edition  (Read 11264 times)

Othen

• Bulleteer
on: June 04, 2021, 07:24:47 am
Good morn,
I bought this very nice Pegasus edition (number 752) a few weeks ago, I really like it:

:-)

Alan

Antipodean Andrew

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 07:37:49 am
Great looking bike and it seems to be in excellent condition. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 07:49:48 am
Great looking bike and it seems to be in excellent condition. I hope you have lots of fun with it.

I'm very happy with it - the motorcycle is in almost 'as new' condition, having done only 2,000 miles. I'm pleased to say it is a fun bike - I have 3 other bikes (Triumph, CCM and Suzuki) but have only really used this one since I bought it.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 07:56:43 am
... one small addition, this tiny screen:

It really doesn't change anything aerodynamically (and I don't think it detracts from the motorcycle's good looks), but I thought it might offer a little protection for my cell phone if I made a magnetic mount for it.

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 08:37:10 am
I bought one new, a brown one No 420, I've fitted a Hitchcock silencer and a DNA air filter and it runs and sounds much better.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 08:47:56 am
I bought one new, a brown one No 420, I've fitted a Hitchcock silencer and a DNA air filter and it runs and sounds much better.

That looks very good. I slightly prefer the green to the brown (because it reminds me of the colour we used when I first joined the Army).

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 02:38:03 pm
I have swapped the tiny screen for a black one:

... I think it suits the bike better, and accessories for Royal Enfield are so cheap (£12 delivered from that nice Mr Bazos). I suppose it is because they are largely manufactured for the third world, so that is what the market will stand.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 11:42:23 pm
i think the hitchcocks uk flyscreen looks good on any C5- i ran this exact unit on the B5 plus a few years back the same unit on the brown Pegasus. only real problem is the price...not really cheap but very well made.
but they do look almost factory and blend in well with the bike.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 06:28:37 am
i think the hitchcocks uk flyscreen looks good on any C5- i ran this exact unit on the B5 plus a few years back the same unit on the brown Pegasus. only real problem is the price...not really cheap but very well made.
but they do look almost factory and blend in well with the bike.

That does indeed look very smart indeed!

Being a tightwad I'm sort of happy with the £12 one from Amazon :-)

Alan

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 08:48:08 am
Nice and shiny Bill, Hitchcocks are selling Brake/clutch levers at £32.50 Ive just fitted some to my C5, these were listed at £82 in the 2019 catalogue, not sure what that is in oz dollars, and being shiny black they might suit yours.

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: June 05, 2021, 10:13:47 am
Nice and shiny Bill, Hitchcocks are selling Brake/clutch levers at £32.50 Ive just fitted some to my C5, these were listed at £82 in the 2019 catalogue, not sure what that is in oz dollars, and being shiny black they might suit yours.
That is adjustable levers, long and short.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: June 06, 2021, 01:11:44 am
i must admit there are time when the hitchcock items are a bit pricey once you add postage too.  ;D

symmo
thanks for the heads up. i might take a look at the adjustable levers. never ever thought of that one

symmo

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: June 06, 2021, 08:33:07 am
i must admit there are time when the hitchcock items are a bit pricey once you add postage too.  ;D

symmo
thanks for the heads up. i might take a look at the adjustable levers. never ever thought of that one
Bit of a bargain I reckon, as you say WildBill (H) can be a bit pricey, but I've never had to question the quality of their stuff.

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 07:59:14 am
I was looking for somewhere to attach a large ruggedised cell phone I have (King Kong brand - I normally use it for SATNAV and digital radio in my Volvo 244) and came up with this scheme to mount it inside the fly-screen I fitted a few weeks ago. First I made myself a cardboard template:

... and cut it out of 1.2mm aluminium sheet, bent the two ears that locate onto the fly-screen's mounting bolts and gave it a coat of black paint (whatever I found in the garage, I think this was Plastikote):

The fit behind the fly-screen was (even though I say so myself) quite good, so I added a single magnetic mount (the same type as I use for the 244's dashboard):

The motorcycle already had a USB port on the handlebars, which was convenient (although the cable needs to be tidied a bit):

Voila! I'll try this out later on today (it is a nice day here in Blighty):

I'm fairly happy with that. The magnetic mount works pretty well, but I may add a strap for a bit more security (and to stop some pikey making off with my ruggedised cell phone). For a total cost of a fiver (for a sheet of 1.2mm aluminium) that probably isn't a bad way of getting SATNAV in a weatherproof box, and with some Bluetooth headphones I could also have a bit of OBE (on bike entertainment).

Othen

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: June 09, 2021, 09:48:23 am
PS. I've just road tested the motorcycle with the cell phone perch - and that was an unqualified success. I added this elasticated band for a bit of extra security:

... and I'm pleased to say the King Kong phone stayed in place throughout. I just did about 5 miles of residential and A roads - up to 60 MPH, and could see the Google Maps display and directions all the way:

Another advantage is that I was able to calibrate the motorcycle's speedometer against the GPS, and found it to be reading 10% fast (which is fine - but I'm glad I know that).

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 09:51:27 am by Othen »