Author Topic: What parts would replace that don't exist yet in the aftermarket?  (Read 6221 times)

Hog Head

• Grand Gearhead
Just throwing this out there but has anyone looked at any of the other aftermarket calipers out there? Everyone seems to be fixated on Brembo, but Wilwood, Nissan, PM and Tokico all come to mind as options. I've no plans to ever swap mine out but if I was I'd look at all of them before making a decision.

The problem is inboard clearance at the spokes, and common with all opposed piston callipers.  A larger diameter rotor and skinny supermoto calliper from Brembo or Beringer is a solution, but big bucks - I think Beringer is 15-1700 GBP for the kit
I have proof of concept now using a Brembo P4

Wider yokes is the other solution
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 04:45:55 am by Hog Head »
Ducati Supersport S
Harley XR1200
Triumph T-120 Bonnie (Hinkley)
RE 650 Interceptor
Harley XL1200R

RalphG

• Grease Monkey
An Interceptor footrest bracket that moved the footrests, etc, an inch closer to the centerline of the bike.  The room is there.  I am tired of banging my shins on the too far outboard footrest ends.  Where's my hacksaw?

Ralph
You don't stop riding motorcycles because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding motorcycles.

LXpat

• Scooter
Without a doubt the ' intake covers'.
Not sure quite why they call them that anyway as they don't cover the air intake.
Right out there on show but brushed aluminium looks really cheap and nasty.
Hate to say it but look at the Triumphs.
Never heard anyone else get upset about them so maybe it's just me and a bit of a personal thing.

BAAK makes a nice set of Aluminum covers for the intake in either black or brushed finishes.

https://www.baakmotocyclettes.com/en/interceptor-continental-gt-650/3410-17314-intake-covers-for-royal-enfield-650-interceptor-continental-gt#/822-finition-brushed
Current Ride: 2021 Interceptor 650 (Canyon Red)

Past Rides: '04 BMW R1150R Rockster; '03 Aprilia Pegaso 650 IE; '99 BMW R1100RT-P; '81 Suzuki GS550E; '72 Honda CB175

CPJS

• Grand Gearhead
I would like a seat that looks like stock but is actually comfortable.
Current bikes.
R E GT650
BMW R1200GS
KTM 250 EXC-F
BSA B25SS

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
BAAK makes a nice set of Aluminum covers for the intake in either black or brushed finishes.

https://www.baakmotocyclettes.com/en/interceptor-continental-gt-650/3410-17314-intake-covers-for-royal-enfield-650-interceptor-continental-gt#/822-finition-brushed

I hope you get the handle with that 48 euro spatula..

justonemore

• Grease Monkey

Personally I think way better than those bland BAAK covers the standard ones with a quick polish look fine.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
I would like a seat that looks like stock but is actually comfortable.
That's where one of the various custom foam recipes with the stock seat cover comes into play.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Adelaide, South Aust- Conti GT 650 2019
It’s funny that I read all these seat/ posture /suspension etc complaints. I must be one of the fortunate few that the GT is a perfect fit for. If anything, I’d like to change the inclination of the clipons, but that’s a little gripe.
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

justonemore

• Grease Monkey
It’s funny that I read all these seat/ posture /suspension etc complaints. I must be one of the fortunate few that the GT is a perfect fit for. If anything, I’d like to change the inclination of the clipons, but that’s a little gripe.

Agree on both points, the seat is as good as most of my previous bikes and the bars should be pivoted towards the rear slightly. The h/bar locating pin and steel "yoke to bar hanger" makes what should be a simple job a little more interesting.

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
I'd like to see some high quality non-glare lenses for the clocks.

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
I'd like to see some high quality non-glare lenses for the clocks.

Yes!
Also, replacements for the chrome bezel / ring and center pivot pin of the clock needles.

Those things kick back a burning glare when the sun is at certain angles that makes it virtually impossible to read the gauges, not to mention the distraction and irritation.

Is it really rocket science to keep the faux-chrome look to a minimum for glare control?

Bethesda, MD  "Home Of Its Residents"

2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint
1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
In the past I've used photographers removable dulling spray but it not a good solution.  The glare with a high and slightly behind sun is annoying as can be.

hadujorganic

• Grease Monkey
  • Bethesda, MD, USA
In the past I've used photographers removable dulling spray but it not a good solution.  The glare with a high and slightly behind sun is annoying as can be.

I'm tempted to mask the gauges off and hit the bezel (is that the right word? wtf is bezel) with flat black Krylon, but I'd probably booger it up bad.
Bethesda, MD  "Home Of Its Residents"

2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2021 SYM Fiddle III 200i
2019 Trek Checkpoint
1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
I'm tempted to mask the gauges off and hit the bezel (is that the right word? wtf is bezel) with flat black Krylon, but I'd probably booger it up bad.
Black Sharpie
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

6504me

• Grand Gearhead
  • SW USA
The problem is inboard clearance at the spokes, and common with all opposed piston callipers.  A larger diameter rotor and skinny supermoto calliper from Brembo or Beringer is a solution, but big bucks - I think Beringer is 15-1700 GBP for the kit
I have proof of concept now using a Brembo P4

Wider yokes is the other solution

That is EXACTLY what Triumph did to add Brembo 4 pots to the front of the 2019 Street Twins and street Scramblers.