Author Topic: New Texas gun law  (Read 4706 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #45 on: May 27, 2021, 07:27:58 pm
My $0.02: Illegal drug money exacerbates & funds these issues. Decriminalize drugs. Source drugs from licensed, taxed & regulated in-country Mom 'n Pop farms, spread the wealth to the middle class, the Corporations already have enough. Supplying the USA's drug craving from in-house lets us stop exporting terrorism to our neighboring countries. Make it cheap enough to remove the incentive to steal or rob to supply a habit. Recreational users that keep to themselves won't have a problem. It's already illegal to drive or operate machinery impaired. Try that "Drug Camp" solution, let folks work their way through it. Testing clean & working as a "medical/custodial corpsman" for 90 days gets you out with $10-15K in your pocket. The "graduates' have seed money to start anew, enough proven self control to hopefully regulate their outside recreational usage. The only guy keeping you out of trouble is yourself anyway. For the folks hell-bent on erasing their conscious minds, they can stay in there indefinitely with free food, a safe place to sleep, flush toilets & showers, a reading library & community garden, mandatory birth control implants and all the opium, heroin, cocaine, marijuana, LSD, etc. they care to consume. The rest of us are way better off letting them weed themselves out in an isolated, controlled environment rather than living with the collateral damage of the sorry-assed mess we have now. Paying $1000 - $2000 per day to a "for profit" private prison to keep some idiot locked up for a couple ounces of weed isn't reasonable. There are plenty of functional alcoholics out there, a guy in his own house on a weekend bender not bothering anyone else isn't a problem. Treat drugs the same way, what we're doing now clearly doesn't work. Doing nothing is a choice, as is creating a police industry that hasn't worked except for private prisons & police equipment suppliers. Maybe we should try being pro-active here. Supplying in house means drugs don't cross the border, which means Cartels get de-funded, which means our law enforcement needs go down and regular citizens of other countries aren't facing daily drug gang wars. Let our adults do as they will as long as it doesn't interfere with others. For the folks that want to share their drugged state with the rest of us, a "Drug Camp" gets them out of our hair and gives them a chance to be rewarded for voluntarily changing their behavior. In the words of Rodney King "Why can't we all just get along?"
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: May 27, 2021, 08:49:42 pm
I was wrong when I said that politicians never seemed to have any new ideas how to solve the country's gun criminal usage problem. The Congressional representative for the Silicon Valley area, Roe Kana, just came up with an idea today that he would like to propose to Congress. It would require all gun owners to purchase liability insurance to compensate anyone injured by their guns. Personally, that sounds like a "slippery slope" to me.  ???

2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #47 on: May 27, 2021, 09:24:40 pm
So since I've left S.... it's became the #1 country in Europe in shoot outs. Politicos already made a plan to provide everyone who gets shot and doesn't die immediately with psychological treatment to prevent mental health issues. This is definitely going to give the victims the rest. The attackers are probably going to be celebrated as hero's and may face couple of months in a luxurious jail.

I bet the psychopaths that run that country just want to shoot everyone into obedience now.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:46:15 pm by derottone »

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Los Angeles, San Francisco
Reply #48 on: May 27, 2021, 11:01:31 pm
So since I've left S.... it's became the #1 country in Europe in shoot outs.

Really, Sweden?  I would have thought it to be the UK or France in that top spot.  Is the huge rise in Sweden's gun violence due to Islamic invasion, perhaps?  I know the country has a problem with such immigrant violence like in the UK and France (and Germany, and Spain, and Italy).

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #49 on: May 27, 2021, 11:34:27 pm
My $0.02: Illegal drug money exacerbates & funds these issues. Decriminalize drugs. Source drugs from licensed, taxed & regulated in-country Mom 'n Pop farms, spread the wealth to the middle class, the Corporations already have enough. Supplying the USA's drug craving from in-house lets us stop exporting terrorism to our neighboring countries. Make it cheap enough to remove the incentive to steal or rob to supply a habit. Recreational users that keep to themselves won't have a problem. It's already illegal to drive or operate machinery impaired. Try that "Drug Camp" solution, let folks work their way through it. Testing clean & working as a "medical/custodial corpsman" for 90 days gets you out with $10-15K in your pocket. The "graduates' have seed money to start anew, enough proven self control to hopefully regulate their outside recreational usage. The only guy keeping you out of trouble is yourself anyway. For the folks hell-bent on erasing their conscious minds, they can stay in there indefinitely with free food, a safe place to sleep, flush toilets & showers, a reading library & community garden, mandatory birth control implants and all the opium, heroin, cocaine, marijuana, LSD, etc. they care to consume. The rest of us are way better off letting them weed themselves out in an isolated, controlled environment rather than living with the collateral damage of the sorry-assed mess we have now. Paying $1000 - $2000 per day to a "for profit" private prison to keep some idiot locked up for a couple ounces of weed isn't reasonable. There are plenty of functional alcoholics out there, a guy in his own house on a weekend bender not bothering anyone else isn't a problem. Treat drugs the same way, what we're doing now clearly doesn't work. Doing nothing is a choice, as is creating a police industry that hasn't worked except for private prisons & police equipment suppliers. Maybe we should try being pro-active here. Supplying in house means drugs don't cross the border, which means Cartels get de-funded, which means our law enforcement needs go down and regular citizens of other countries aren't facing daily drug gang wars. Let our adults do as they will as long as it doesn't interfere with others. For the folks that want to share their drugged state with the rest of us, a "Drug Camp" gets them out of our hair and gives them a chance to be rewarded for voluntarily changing their behavior. In the words of Rodney King "Why can't we all just get along?"
I don't totally disagree with your notion. I also realize that you have condensed your plan into a single paragraph. However, ...
At full stride what do you envision the population count will be?
Which common laws from the outside will you bring inside? (robbery, assault, murder, prostitution, etc)
Who will enforce whatever laws exist inside?
How will you deal with the self-infirmed as time passes?
In what jurisdiction can you get a permit which will allow the residents to smoke cigarettes?
Will you have abutting camps with populations segregated based on the degree of mental decay?
Are you willing to re-criminalize drug use on the outside?
Will you have a "Euthanasia Committee"?
Do you have a written definition of "recreational drug use"?
Do you have a sliding scale budget?
And so on ...
This might be a starting point, https://www.buzznicked.com/detroit-salt-mine-michigan-basin/

Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: May 27, 2021, 11:48:52 pm
According to a news report just now, California's solution to gun violence is to hit hand guns with a 10% excise tax and long guns and ammunition with an 11% excise tax. While the Assemblyman and author of this proposed law admits that the estimated $100 million collected each year would go into the state's general fund, where it could be spent on anything, he hopes that the state would actually use the additional money to fund anti-gun activities.  ::)  In any case, he says that making the purchase of guns and ammo more expensive would be a good idea as it might reduce the amount of guns and ammo purchased. He compares it will taxing tobacco products, which helped reduce their sales thereby helping people cut their smoking habits.  ???

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #51 on: May 28, 2021, 12:19:06 am
what we're doing now clearly doesn't work. Doing nothing is a choice, as is creating a police industry that hasn't worked except for private prisons & police equipment suppliers.
This. The current system is only making the wrong people rich.
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: May 28, 2021, 05:14:31 am
@ #49, NVDucati: Cuba didn't have much money, and when AIDS hit implemented this sanitorium system: https://nacla.org/news/2017/11/29/cuba%E2%80%99s-hiv-sanatoriums-prisons-or-public-health-tool

Federal property like abandoned military bases might prove useful for a "Drugs Sanitorium". Such a system is useful mainly for non-violent folks. With free food, drugs & reasonable cheap housing (modified SeaTrain/Connex?) for sleeping & bathing, there is no real incentive for violence. There are regular prisons for violent offenders. The law is the law, I'm not seeing a special case for inside. Internal security might be maintained by National Guard folks. The "inmates" will provide the labor, as that is a proviso of release, that & routine drug tests. I'm thinking that 90 days of cleaning up piss, shit & vomit, tending gardens, hauling the OD's around, working on food service, that will help some find the willpower to control their usage on the outside. A fiscal incentive for folks cleaning up their act can't hurt. A guy (or gal) that wants to get out can be out in maybe 100-120 days with $10K-$15K in hand, other folks may find a home. Either way, cheaper that what we're doing now. No "euthanasia comittee", just a big trench and a quick picture for the indiscriminate user. Let Nature take it's course. As far as defining recreational drug use, if you show up at work Monday morning "clean & sober" that seems to work for alcoholics for the past 500 years or so. Again - what you do on your own time "recreationally" without bringing harm to others should be your business, that's the "American Way", right?
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #53 on: May 28, 2021, 08:05:55 am

Really, Sweden?  I would have thought it to be the UK or France in that top spot.  Is the huge rise in Sweden's gun violence due to Islamic invasion, perhaps?  I know the country has a problem with such immigrant violence like in the UK and France (and Germany, and Spain, and Italy).

To my knowledge its  only a very small fraction of the population that's Islamic up there. The official statement is they don't know the reason for it. Could be something to do with their leftist policies that are going from red to brown rather rapidly. Now no one can afford to exist and work for free. The market can't be manipulated even at s gun point.

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #54 on: May 28, 2021, 12:49:48 pm
I found a map...
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

Rick Dangerous

• Bulleteer
  • I like to move it move it.
Reply #55 on: May 28, 2021, 02:16:31 pm
Makes sense to me.  I need to move to Texas asap!

Then again my RE won't fit in with all the HOGS down there.
Past Bikes: Ducati, Kawasaki's, Triumph's  Current: 2020 Royal Enfield INT650 Baker Express

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #56 on: May 28, 2021, 02:24:50 pm
To my knowledge its  only a very small fraction of the population that's Islamic up there. The official statement is they don't know the reason for it. Could be something to do with their leftist policies that are going from red to brown rather rapidly. Now no one can afford to exist and work for free. The market can't be manipulated even at s gun point.

I thought Sweden used to be where motorcycle gangs, like the Hells Angels and the like, hung out and used anti-tank rockets and machine guns to attack each other just for fun.   :o

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: May 28, 2021, 05:38:12 pm
I thought Sweden used to be where motorcycle gangs, like the Hells Angels and the like, hung out and used anti-tank rockets and machine guns to attack each other just for fun.   :o

That! (not than) and then they had that bikini team that use to terrorize all the beaches. :o

Sorry I had to make the edit.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 06:25:15 pm by zimmemr »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: May 28, 2021, 05:45:15 pm
Yeah - I heard those girls would point a pair of 38's at you them pull a gun... 8)

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: May 28, 2021, 06:27:37 pm
Yeah - I heard those girls would point a pair of 38's at you them pull a gun... 8)

You betcha! I heard some of them even packed 44's.  :o No doubt a very dangerous place to be. Especially with all that cold water they have over there.