Author Topic: New Texas gun law  (Read 4715 times)

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: May 25, 2021, 08:14:54 pm
@ #12: Germany sounds pretty dangerous! Too bad about your "that village is at silent war with a city next to it" situations... :o  Maybe time to move to Texas or Argentina?

Maine is nice, they don't say much up there, but as far as I know they're not shooting each other either. Not that it's all the pertinent to the gun discussion, but most of the world loves to knock the USA, but you sure don't see to many people looking for the exit. Despite our problems, we must be doing something right. ;)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #16 on: May 25, 2021, 09:09:29 pm
@ #12: Germany sounds pretty dangerous! Too bad about your "that village is at silent war with a city next to it" situations... :o  Maybe time to move to Texas or Argentina?

This kind of experiences you can't gain anywhere else than in S.... ;D

Could be maybe due to a high consumption of movies, who knows.

However the IT thing is maybe a result of the Rudolph Steiner teachings that are widely spread in S. IMO, or a way to deal with the vaxxing. To some extent adopted by the gov. that does probably consider the citizens as children. The basic philosophy behind it my not be all that bad, but everything has a flipside if taken to extremes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 09:33:07 pm by derottone »

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #17 on: May 25, 2021, 09:35:54 pm
Like this:

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: May 25, 2021, 10:30:41 pm
Oakland, CA, lived up to its reputation yesterday. There was a gun fight just one block from the main police station. The cops were hanging out at the station in the afternoon and clearly heard multiple shots that sounded like a war going on. By the time they were able to run out of their building and arrived at the scene, the shooters were gone, at least one man was laying in the street dead and there were 20 cartridges in the street from what was described as large caliber weapons. That made the news last night, but it still wasn't up to last week's fun when a party bus was ventilated with 70 bullets, two young people killed and 5 injured, as it passed through the city.  However, from what I have been hearing Oakland doesn't hold a candle to Chicago and Detroit when it comes to gang warfare.  :(  However, I am just not sure that if everyone is packing heat and not just the criminals that things will be much better.  ???
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #19 on: May 25, 2021, 11:11:02 pm
most of the world loves to knock the USA, but you sure don't see to many people looking for the exit. Despite our problems, we must be doing something right. ;)

Because most of your guys don't realise anything exists outside the US? Or like that young pro gun "journalist" on YouTube a while back baiting overseas visitors about gun laws.  "why would I want to live anywhere I can't carry a gun? ".

I'm just teasing, but you know I'm right  ;)
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #20 on: May 25, 2021, 11:15:22 pm
I just ask myself one question.
"If I were walking the streets of Oakland as a law-abiding person, and I was attacked by some armed thugs bent on doing harm to me or my family, would I prefer to be armed, or unarmed?"

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 11:20:17 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #21 on: May 25, 2021, 11:22:27 pm
I be like my grandpa used to say
"it'd take a good man to hit me twice in 100 yards"
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: May 25, 2021, 11:48:32 pm
I just ask myself one question.
"If I were walking the streets of Oakland as a law-abiding person, and I was attacked by some armed thugs bent on doing harm to me or my family, would I prefer to be armed, or unarmed?"

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

During the Great Depression my grandfather lived in Oakland and worked as a painter at a mill located not too far from his home. He walked to work and back and said that he carried a revolver for protection as there were some desperate people in the area during those days. He never had to use it, fortunately.  However, nowadays it seems as if the victim, at least in California, who tries to protect themselves with a gun is likely to be the one arrested and not the criminal who is either shot or runs away after the victim pulls his gun and fires a shot or two to drive the guy away. This is especially true in San Francisco where the new DA, who used to be a public defender, seems to have no interest in charging criminals no matter the evidence or what they have done short of murder.  >:(
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: May 25, 2021, 11:57:07 pm
Because most of your guys don't realise anything exists outside the US? Or like that young pro gun "journalist" on YouTube a while back baiting overseas visitors about gun laws.  "why would I want to live anywhere I can't carry a gun? ".

I'm just teasing, but you know I'm right  ;)

No problem Gizz, one thing about living here is that if you don't like the politics or whatever in a particular state, for instance California, it's easy to pick up and move to someplace like New Hampshire, which is a polar opposite, in everything from politics to motor vehicle laws. It can be in a very real sense like moving to a different country, where they speak the same language, sort off, and use the same currency.  ;)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #24 on: May 25, 2021, 11:59:14 pm
If a criminal wants to take you out they will be waiting for you around the corner and you won't stand a chance if you have a gun or not. This is something they DO in S.,  Usually they just want to bend you over and motivate you to move out of your rental apparent or they want to "motivate" you to loan up and purchase a villa. Yesterday they blew up a gang like that, the leadership was an estate agent and some accountant, they would use thugs to do the motivational work. Happend to me on couple of occasions in S., I just refuse to deal with blackmail, nevertheless its very difficult to defend yourself because its next to impossible to proof.

I can exactly imagine how they operated in that insane country where any company can obtain your background info's and financials.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 12:07:50 am by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #25 on: May 26, 2021, 12:36:21 am
So Rudolf Steiner (February 1861 to 30 March 1925) is the cause of Stuttgart's problems?  :o  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner

Criminals are opportunistic scavengers. As Ace says, raise the cost of doing business and they generally move on.

And like Zimmemr points out, if you don't like the location, just exercise your option & leave. That's what you did, right? You're better off now, right?
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #26 on: May 26, 2021, 01:10:30 am
No problem Gizz, one thing about living here is that if you don't like the politics or whatever in a particular state, for instance California, it's easy to pick up and move to someplace like New Hampshire, which is a polar opposite, in everything from politics to motor vehicle laws. It can be in a very real sense like moving to a different country, where they speak the same language, sort off, and use the same currency.  ;)

That's the impression I get, too. It doesn't sound like it'd be a bad thing. And a lot easier than moving overseas. 
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: May 26, 2021, 02:24:02 am
That's the impression I get, too. It doesn't sound like it'd be a bad thing. And a lot easier than moving overseas.

It can be quite a culture shock though. I can't imagine what it'd be like to move from New England to the deep south. ;)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #28 on: May 26, 2021, 04:26:57 am

During the Great Depression my grandfather lived in Oakland and worked as a painter at a mill located not too far from his home. He walked to work and back and said that he carried a revolver for protection as there were some desperate people in the area during those days. He never had to use it, fortunately.  However, nowadays it seems as if the victim, at least in California, who tries to protect themselves with a gun is likely to be the one arrested and not the criminal who is either shot or runs away after the victim pulls his gun and fires a shot or two to drive the guy away. This is especially true in San Francisco where the new DA, who used to be a public defender, seems to have no interest in charging criminals no matter the evidence or what they have done short of murder.  >:(
Yes, that is a problem, and it's not just California. You face two types of criminals, one before and one after.

The only thing I can say to that is "It's better to be judged by twelve, than carried by six."
Hope for a good jury.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #29 on: May 26, 2021, 06:16:54 am
So Rudolf Steiner (February 1861 to 30 March 1925) is the cause of Stuttgart's problems?  :o  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner

Criminals are opportunistic scavengers. As Ace says, raise the cost of doing business and they generally move on.

And like Zimmemr points out, if you don't like the location, just exercise your option & leave. That's what you did, right? You're better off now, right?

Anthroposopic society, it could be a cause. It could be a philosophical basis for the one world government nutters maybe too. They appear to have a disregard for everything and seem to believe that everything should be free. I would call them nihilistic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthroposophy

They prefer an amish like lifestyle however have no issues to use modern technology and vehicles. If you build a house for one of them they may expect it for free as well as an "please excuse me" because you harmed the environment. It's a very strange philosophy, very leaching with a smile, above everything.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 07:01:36 am by derottone »