Author Topic: Compliance vehicles  (Read 3344 times)

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: May 19, 2021, 10:18:14 pm
I'm not a powerplant expert but I could image it might be worthwhile to have some redundancies in some remote areas with centralised power supply. A diesel generator or something equivalent, maybe a gas turbine plant?

Takes the pressure out of the work so it doesn't need to be always about "saving lives".
The short answer is that it's seldom a plant going down that causes problems. Typically major storms: snow, ice, wind and rain bring down the wires and poles, they rarely kill power at the site of generation.  So the line crews have to physically re hang the wire, put up new poles and transformers as required, and very often reconnect the individual house service's. In a major event when you may have 300K out of power, at least 50K of them are going to individual homes that have lost their connection to the grid, restoring each home can take up to 4 hours or more depending on the damage. Exacerbating the situation is a very gray workforce and kids that just don't want to do that kind of work any more.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 11:13:22 pm by zimmemr »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #31 on: May 20, 2021, 12:04:03 am
For general harassment I was going to post about "Zero Point Energy" and how everyone should have a ZPE generator in their home, but in scanning thru the Wiki article on it I ran across the section on Evgeny Podkletnov. Fascinating stuff, especially in the context of recently released UFO data & films by the US Government. Some real voodoo there if it pans out, and with a multibillion dollar Pentagon Black Budget I'm rather hoping ours did. I included a reference to Clarke's Laws because the debate was getting pretty far afield regarding power production & transmission. Regarding the "Grey Workforce" I'll validate that in spades. The good news is that the newer workers seem to interact with their kids more & better than in the wayback, the bad news on the Company end is there are fewer "overtime dogs". Women in general like to have their significant others show up regularly, eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke%27s_three_laws
British science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke formulated three adages that are known as Clarke's three laws, of which the third law is the best known and most widely cited. They are part of his ideas in his extensive writings about the future.[1] These so-called laws are:
1) When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
2) The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
3) Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
...such as Power Generation & Transmission... ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-point_energy
" In 1992 Evgeny Podkletnov[251] published a heavily debated[252][253][254][255] journal article claiming a specific type of rotating superconductor could shield gravitational force. Independently of this, from 1991 to 1993 Ning Li and Douglas Torr published a number of articles[256][257][258] about gravitational effects in superconductors. One finding they derived is the source of gravitomagnetic flux in a type II superconductor material is due to spin alignment of the lattice ions. Quoting from their third paper: "It is shown that the coherent alignment of lattice ion spins will generate a detectable gravitomagnetic field, and in the presence of a time-dependent applied magnetic vector potential field, a detectable gravitoelectric field." The claimed size of the generated force has been disputed by some[259][260] but defended by others.[261][262] In 1997 Li published a paper attempting to replicate Podkletnov's results and showed the effect was very small, if it existed at all.[263] Li is reported to have left the University of Alabama in 1999 to found the company AC Gravity LLC.[264] AC Gravity was awarded a U.S. DOD grant for $448,970 in 2001 to continue anti-gravity research. The grant period ended in 2002 but no results from this research were ever made public.[265]

In 2002 Phantom Works, Boeing's advanced research and development facility in Seattle, approached Evgeny Podkletnov directly. Phantom Works was blocked by Russian technology transfer controls. At this time Lieutenant General George Muellner, the outgoing head of the Boeing Phantom Works, confirmed that attempts by Boeing to work with Podkletnov had been blocked by Moscow, also commenting that "The physical principles – and Podkletnov's device is not the only one – appear to be valid... There is basic science there. They're not breaking the laws of physics. The issue is whether the science can be engineered into something workable"[266]

Froning and Roach (2002)[267] put forward a paper that builds on the work of Puthoff, Haisch and Alcubierre. They used fluid dynamic simulations to model the interaction of a vehicle (like that proposed by Alcubierre) with the zero-point field. Vacuum field perturbations are simulated by fluid field perturbations and the aerodynamic resistance of viscous drag exerted on the interior of the vehicle is compared to the Lorentz force exerted by the zero-point field (a Casimir-like force is exerted on the exterior by unbalanced zero-point radiation pressures). They find that the optimized negative energy required for an Alcubierre drive is where it is a saucer-shaped vehicle with toroidal electromagnetic fields. The EM fields distort the vacuum field perturbations surrounding the craft sufficiently to affect the permeability and permittivity of space.

In 2014 NASA's Eagleworks Laboratories announced that they had successfully validated the use of a Quantum Vacuum Plasma Thruster which makes use of the Casimir effect for propulsion.[268][269][270] In 2016 a scientific paper by the team of NASA scientists passed peer review for the first time.[271] The paper suggests that the zero-point field acts as pilot-wave and that the thrust may be due to particles pushing off the quantum vacuum. While peer review doesn't guarantee that a finding or observation is valid, it does indicate that independent scientists looked over the experimental setup, results, and interpretation and that they could not find any obvious errors in the methodology and that they found the results reasonable. In the paper, the authors identify and discuss nine potential sources of experimental errors, including rogue air currents, leaky electromagnetic radiation, and magnetic interactions. Not all of them could be completely ruled out, and further peer reviewed experimentation is needed in order to rule these potential errors out.[272]  "

A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: May 20, 2021, 12:27:16 am
For general harassment I was going to post about "Zero Point Energy" and how everyone should have a ZPE generator in their home, but in scanning thru the Wiki article on it I ran across the section on Evgeny Podkletnov. Fascinating stuff, especially in the context of recently released UFO data & films by the US Government. Some real voodoo there if it pans out, and with a multibillion dollar Pentagon Black Budget I'm rather hoping ours did. I included a reference to Clarke's Laws because the debate was getting pretty far afield regarding power production & transmission. Regarding the "Grey Workforce" I'll validate that in spades. The good news is that the newer workers seem to interact with their kids more & better than in the wayback, the bad news on the Company end is there are fewer "overtime dogs". Women in general like to have their significant others show up regularly, eh?

The younger guys do seem to be better able to manage work and family, than guys of my generation did. I missed a lot of family functions and holidays chasing OT. At the time it made sense, we were young and had a mortgage and car payments to worry about, and I can't deny that it wasn't exciting. But when I got to be in my 60's the aches and pains seemed to start a lot earlier and last a lot longer.  ;)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: May 20, 2021, 01:09:48 am
Meanwhile, according to the TV program "60 minutes" alien UFOs are flying all around us. What can we do if they suck out our brains? Will my tinfoil hat help me.  ;)  Or has it already happened?   :o
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: May 20, 2021, 01:16:30 am
"Illegal" Aliens? From China, or the CCCP? Our closest celestial neighbor is over 4 light years away. That's a looong way to go for "People-McNuggets"...and as far as finding intelligent life.... :o
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: May 20, 2021, 11:39:25 pm
https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/cutting-edge-navy-tech-could-fake-fighters-ufos-using-lasers/

Scroll down to the video: "Talking lasers and endless flashbangs: Pentagon develops plasma tech"
" This technology has already been used to create laser plasma balls that can transmit human speech. I’m going to be honest with you here, that sentence is as hard to wrap my head around as the writer as it probably is for you to grasp as a reader. Talking plasma balls? "

Welcome to the Future...!?!

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: May 20, 2021, 11:41:53 pm
Can I play a plasma ball game?   ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #37 on: May 25, 2021, 11:33:05 am
https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/cutting-edge-navy-tech-could-fake-fighters-ufos-using-lasers/

Scroll down to the video: "Talking lasers and endless flashbangs: Pentagon develops plasma tech"
" This technology has already been used to create laser plasma balls that can transmit human speech. I’m going to be honest with you here, that sentence is as hard to wrap my head around as the writer as it probably is for you to grasp as a reader. Talking plasma balls? "

Welcome to the Future...!?!
Pretty much like using a flashlight (torch) to play with a cat.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #38 on: May 25, 2021, 11:56:08 am
What are we going to have to wear once this tech comes to market? Tinfoil costumes?

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: May 25, 2021, 02:11:01 pm
A "Faraday Suit" would handle directed microwaves, maybe. An actual battlefield laser, likely the best plan is to not be within a couple miles. It's getting more like "Terminator" every day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage#:~:text=Some%20electrical%20linemen%20wear%20Faraday,has%20no%20theoretical%20voltage%20limit.
Properly designed conductive clothing can also form a protective Faraday cage. Some electrical linemen wear Faraday suits, which allow them to work on live, high-voltage power lines without risk of electrocution. The suit prevents electric current from flowing through the body, and has no theoretical voltage limit. Linemen have successfully worked even the highest voltage (Kazakhstan's Ekibastuz–Kokshetau line 1150 kV) lines safely.[citation needed]
Austin Richards, a physicist in California, created a metal Faraday suit in 1997 that protects him from tesla coil discharges. In 1998, he named the character in the suit Doctor MegaVolt and has performed all over the world and at Burning Man nine different years.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #40 on: May 25, 2021, 02:17:48 pm
Well I want one, some law obedient subjects may push it on the market quite certainly.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: May 25, 2021, 03:49:12 pm
Get a roll of this stuff & line an old jacket with it:

https://amstat.com/copper-wire-mesh/heavy-duty-copper-mesh-copper-gauze/

Just make sure the strips are bonded electrically and you're done. Maybe a good e-bay "Cottage Industry" product, building these for some play money?

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #42 on: May 25, 2021, 03:54:44 pm
Cool, might be some potential market for it once the laser plasma balls start selling and every kid in S...(I'm not supposed to talk about the place) has one.