Author Topic: Throttle lock fitment - Interceptor  (Read 3523 times)

Liberty Blacksmith

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 03:31:14 pm

I have a plastic paddle gizmo which have been used on several bikes, not sure of the brand. The principle is using the heel of your palm to apply throttle instead of straining the wrist. As I had a broken wrist years ago and carpal tunnel surgery this helped a great deal. The BMW K100 had the aforementioned adjustable tensioner on the throttle cable which worked great.
Haven't used the paddle gizmo on the Interceptor yet but it is a universal fit and sure it would help you.

wynbro

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 04:29:57 pm
I finally decided on a Kuono throttle lock which I collected today. Will give a review in due course.

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 12:11:31 am
I finally decided on a Kuono throttle lock which I collected today. Will give a review in due course.

I tried searching for that one... could not find it.  Can you share a link to it?
Ride safe!
Wachuko
‘21 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
'19 BMW F 850 GS Adventure - Gone... Planning for a 2023/22 Himalayan next...

birguy

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: July 19, 2021, 03:23:32 am
I know this is an older thread but I refenced it when getting a throttle lock. I tried a vista cruise MCVICO but it always was binding the throttle. After trying that I sprung for a Kaoko ENF110 -> https://kaoko.com/product/enf110/ didn't have any trouble installing it and works well. It is pricey though. Note the Kaoko works with stock bars and goes between the grip and bar end weight. I doubt it will work if you have bar end mirrors installed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 03:25:39 am by birguy »

fireypete

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: July 20, 2021, 09:48:51 am
Rubber bands between the throttle and switch block helped me out on a looong straight tour to Ayers Rock years ago

gotbikes

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: January 24, 2022, 02:03:36 pm
Hello, lots of mentions about Sound-offs. Has anyone actually fitted one to the Interceptor yet, and if so which model?
I've used them on my last 4 machines and they work acceptably well - not superbly but they work. I have trouble laying out $200.00 ish CAD for a Kaoko or an Atlas.  I'm expecting delivery of my new R.E. soon but can't see the throttle configuration to know which one, if any, will work.
Cheers, Robert

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: January 24, 2022, 02:54:30 pm
Hello, lots of mentions about Sound-offs. Has anyone actually fitted one to the Interceptor yet, and if so which model?
I've used them on my last 4 machines and they work acceptably well - not superbly but they work. I have trouble laying out $200.00 ish CAD for a Kaoko or an Atlas.  I'm expecting delivery of my new R.E. soon but can't see the throttle configuration to know which one, if any, will work.
Cheers, Robert
Vista Cruise works perfectly on my GT. One change I had to make was with the part that is suppose to grip the throttle cable. That caused the binding mentioned by others. I rotated the lock so it matched up with the flat bottom of the switch. It lays flat against the bottom of the switch which holds it in place. No problems in about 1K miles with it.
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

bikelee

• Scooter
Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 12:06:45 pm
 8) I use a combination of the paddle and a throttle lock.
 https://www.amazon.com/Go-Cruise-Motorcycle-Throttle-Control/dp/B00TIEATVY
 Works very well and NOT expensive. I think about $30 for both.