Author Topic: Music festival  (Read 3015 times)

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 09:17:12 am
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: January 24, 2021, 02:47:58 pm

Since you asked, here is my observation regarding government efficiency. Big Government is at its best when collecting taxes, spending money and passing out checks to everyone that thinks they need one - including Nigerian princes.  ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #17 on: January 24, 2021, 03:33:31 pm
Hydroxychloroquine primarily works in Facebook et al.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxychloroquine
Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.[2] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.[5] In 2017, it was the 128th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than five million prescriptions.[6][7] Hydroxychloroquine is being studied to prevent and treat coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID‑19), but all clinical trials conducted during 2020 found it is ineffective and may cause dangerous side effects.[8][9][10][11] The speculative use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID‑19 threatens its availability for people with established indications.

Anyone is welcome to forgo their Social Security cheque or Medicare benefit or Veterans Administration benefit or other myriad benefit. Few do. What "gummint' " is supposed to do is keep things like the CDC fully functional to obviate situations like we're in now.
The gummint' also is handy if other Nations/States decide to annex your turf. A few armed peons skittering around a piece of ground historically isn't a useful deterrent to a serious organized assault.
It's also useful for keeping folks upstream from poisoning the air/water with industrial waste for people downwind/downstream or across state lines. The overall idea is a "level" playing field, where the first guy in doesn't get to screw the pooch for everyone else in the vicinity.
Does it always work out to your particular advantage? No. It hinges on people electing folks that aren't pathological, have some sense of public duty to the office and can reason logically. Pay attention when you punch that chad.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: January 24, 2021, 04:45:40 pm
Hydroxychloroquine primarily works in Facebook et al.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxychloroquine
Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.[2] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.[5] In 2017, it was the 128th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than five million prescriptions.[6][7] Hydroxychloroquine is being studied to prevent and treat coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID‑19), but all clinical trials conducted during 2020 found it is ineffective and may cause dangerous side effects.[8][9][10][11] The speculative use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID‑19 threatens its availability for people with established indications.

Anyone is welcome to forgo their Social Security cheque or Medicare benefit or Veterans Administration benefit or other myriad benefit. Few do. What "gummint' " is supposed to do is keep things like the CDC fully functional to obviate situations like we're in now.
The gummint' also is handy if other Nations/States decide to annex your turf. A few armed peons skittering around a piece of ground historically isn't a useful deterrent to a serious organized assault.
It's also useful for keeping folks upstream from poisoning the air/water with industrial waste for people downwind/downstream or across state lines. The overall idea is a "level" playing field, where the first guy in doesn't get to screw the pooch for everyone else in the vicinity.
Does it always work out to your particular advantage? No. It hinges on people electing folks that aren't pathological, have some sense of public duty to the office and can reason logically. Pay attention when you punch that chad.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'd only add that you usually get the government you deserve.

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: January 24, 2021, 06:16:55 pm
Off topic but..
In case anyone else is eager for Bill Gates' brain-chip vaccine, this may be of interest.
My wife and I have requested alerts for openings in various venues, through our HCP and public agencies. She got an appointment yesterday to get hers in two days. I had my alerts turned off when I got notified of 975 openings and missed the message.  :'( I'm 68 in California, awaiting contact from Q.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 06:41:23 pm by Stanley »
Lurker on a Vespa

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #20 on: January 24, 2021, 06:44:17 pm
I couldn't have said it better myself. I'd only add that you usually get the government you deserve.

;D....never thrust a statistics that you didn't falsified yourself someone said, but that was at a time when copy paste students would fly out of the schools in a projectile like trajectory.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 06:49:48 pm by derottone »

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: January 24, 2021, 08:09:32 pm
;D....never thrust a statistics that you didn't falsified yourself someone said, but that was at a time when copy paste students would fly out of the schools in a projectile like trajectory.

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics." I think Mark Twain popularized that one, but I'm not sure who first said it.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: January 24, 2021, 09:00:54 pm
Reducing your sphere to only that which you personally have experience with is a dead end. We depend on others efforts to maintain the web of interactions that keep us alive & well. Otherwise we would be forced to live at a stone age hunter/gatherer level at best. Life would overall be nasty, brutish & short, and there would be a lot less of us.

What makes science work is accurate documentation of repeatable results. That cannon is essential to maintaining a functional technological society. Every member of this society cannot possibly have the ability, time & resources to verify every physical parameter that affects their well being, that is the basis of the social contract; that we all work together towards a common goal of group survival. The assumption is that we aren't lying to each other about facts that keep us alive.

Using an information resource like the internet as a tool to spread disinformation to its members is an act of aggression towards the other members, it adversely impacts overall survival. Our overcrowded hospitals and mobile morgues speak to this. Generally this aggression is initiated & maintained from outside the group under question, as it is unlikely initiators would seek to degrade their own situation.

Posts affecting others well being need to be accurate. Opinion should be stated as such. Technical questions should have source references. There is a huge difference between nihilistically recreationally disseminating about handlebar grip colours and espousing the use of "Lifetime" rated teflon brake shoes. The question you always need to ask yourself when you post is: "How do I know what I think I know?"

Zimmemr's quote "you usually get the government you deserve". { "Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite. Literally -Every nation gets the government it deserves." ; Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821) } applies here. By not applying critical thinking, circulating and rebreathing non-survival pretzel logic gradually approaches "truth" if repeated enough times.
Another salient quote from de Maistre:
"Les fausses opinions ressemblent à la fausse monnaie qui est frappée d'abord par de grands coupables et dépensée ensuite par d'honnêtes gens qui perpétuent le crime sans savoir ce qu'ils font."
(False opinions are like false money, struck first of all by guilty men and thereafter circulated by honest people who perpetuate the crime without knowing what they are doing)

The sad fact here is that there are many highly educated men & women in our Senate & Representative House that objectively know better but persist out of venal self-interest in supporting falsehoods to maintain control over a body of people that refuse to look critically at what they read.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 02:14:02 pm
According to news reports this morning, California's Governor Gruesome has recalculated and tweaked his virus safety regulations (based upon his science and data, of course). He will be announcing the end of his lock-down order for the state (did anyone pay any attention to that?) and will be allowing outdoor dining and other outdoor business activities again. I wonder if that has anything to do with restaurants and other businesses suing him and asking what "science and data" he was using to prohibit outdoor business activities?  Nothing like asking for the facts to get a politician to change their tune.  ::)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: January 25, 2021, 05:11:59 pm
(based upon his science and data, of course) 
Well, you could always just look it up. The new more infectious & possibly more lethal strain is now present, further complicating things. What would YOU do if your job was to keep the folks in your state alive? Go full "Laissez-faire" and just bulldoze some deep Khmer Rouge grade trenches and open the Malls? Change the State motto to "Sucks to be YOU!"?
https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/04/14/governor-newsom-outlines-six-critical-indicators-the-state-will-consider-before-modifying-the-stay-at-home-order-and-other-covid-19-interventions/
California’s six indicators for modifying the stay-at-home order are:
The ability to monitor and protect our communities through testing, contact tracing, isolating, and supporting those who are positive or exposed; (too late for contact tracing; testing still too slow; viral gene sequencing at 0.3% vs.  5%-7% for most other industrial countries)
The ability to prevent infection in people who are at risk for more severe COVID-19; (very limited due to lack of masking compliance)
The ability of the hospital and health systems to handle surges; (all overloaded)
The ability to develop therapeutics to meet the demand; (supply limited due to previous Federal Admin screwing the pooch)
The ability for businesses, schools, and child care facilities to support physical distancing; (mostly wishful thinking)
The ability to determine when to reinstitute certain measures, such as the stay-at-home orders, if necessary. (all we have until more vaccine gets arrives & gets injected)

(did anyone pay any attention to that?) Apparently not enough, as we are awash in corpses at our hospitals. I suggest having "No mask for me!" folks assist with the loading & unloading these bodies as they are apparently immune, right? That'd be a "come to Jesus moment" I bet. There are a lot of "No mask for me!" folks in my local grocery store "spreading the love" even as I write this. "Asympathetic Spreaders" my wife calls them. Good Trumpers all, stalking hostilely amongst the canned goods, staring down the masked-up older folks. Real nice. Maybe they'll just "go away" in the Spring...

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #25 on: January 25, 2021, 07:12:49 pm
According to news reports this morning, California's Governor Gruesome has recalculated and tweaked his virus safety regulations (based upon his science and data, of course). He will be announcing the end of his lock-down order for the state (did anyone pay any attention to that?) and will be allowing outdoor dining and other outdoor business activities again. I wonder if that has anything to do with restaurants and other businesses suing him and asking what "science and data" he was using to prohibit outdoor business activities?  Nothing like asking for the facts to get a politician to change their tune.  ::)

Gov. Grausam?

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: January 25, 2021, 09:15:41 pm
Gov. Grausam?

There is a recall campaign going on right now to recall Governor Newsom and it looks like he is opening up the state today even though some parts of it are in very bad shape - Covid-19-wise. He had his health department issue the news a few hours ago but he has been laying low we assume because he doesn't want to answer any pointed questions why the lock down has ended now. News reporters believe that he is trying to cool off the recall fire by letting people and businesses get on with their lives again.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: January 25, 2021, 10:33:33 pm
Quote: >>> The question you always need to ask yourself when you post is: "How do I know what I think I know?"  <<<
Jesus - this is like high school kids & cooties. First you want the lockdown removed and then you apparently want it extended. Mostly it looks like this is an entertaining exercise in finger pointing. You have posted no references as to where you got the "latest true hot dope" and neither have replied as to what you would do & why if you were in Newsome's position. Seriously, gleefully misspelling his name just to add additional cootie points? Looks like the Facebook echo chamber strikes again. Just Google this stuff for yourself, look at about 3 different REPUTABLE sources, ponder a while, then you get to have an opinion. Otherwise you are just joining ranks with notables like Goebbels, deliberately disseminating erroneous info that adversely affects folks lives.
Here's what actually is going on: Jan. 25, 2021 1:14 p.m.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Newsom-lifts-state-stay-home-orders-15896015.php
Gov. Gavin Newsom abruptly lifted mandatory stay-home orders across California on Monday as the surge of coronavirus cases that followed the holiday season began to recede. The move allows activities like outdoor dining at restaurants and personal-service businesses such as hair salons to reopen for the first time in more than a month.
Counties will shift back into the state's color-coded "Blueprint For a Safer Economy" reopening system, where restrictions will no longer be tied strictly to the number of available beds in the hospital intensive care units. The state will assign tiers on Tuesday, with most Bay Area counties expecting to remain in the state’s most restrictive purple tier.

Most of the local Trumplicans flagging recall signs around look a lot like those fine MAGA folks pounding their way through the Capitol doors and beating cops a couple weeks back. A lot of the fire went out of them when they twigged to the fact that the Dear Leader didn't pardon THEM on his way out the door. Maybe they should have crowdsourced $2M first, that seemed to be the going rate. What's for certain is that they have belatedly figured out that it was a BAD idea to Facetime themselves beating up Capitol Police and forcing their way into a Federal building. These are the same folks not masking up in public places, adding their asymptomatic spreader bit to the total misery package.
The common denominator to all this is that it's useful to have an army that actually believes only the anointed words of the Dear Leader. A clever guy could leverage that into a real money maker for the top 1%. Maybe he did. Here's that leftist rag Bloomberg's opinion:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-30/u-s-billionaires-got-1-trillion-richer-in-trump-s-first-term
 " But the Trump presidency accelerated trends that made the very richest Americans richer still. "

As de Maistre said before: "Les fausses opinions ressemblent à la fausse monnaie qui est frappée d'abord par de grands coupables et dépensée ensuite par d'honnêtes gens qui perpétuent le crime sans savoir ce qu'ils font."

Velstadt

• Neophyte
Reply #28 on: June 02, 2021, 10:41:13 am
Heavy metal from the 1990s and 1970s is one of my favorite musical genres to listen to. When I hear music like this, I become excited. I came on a website dedicated to this musical genre. I decided to create my logo after seeing numerous outstanding ones on the internet. I started reading architecture blogs and forums. I spend a lot of time searching the internet for false or misleading evidence. I recently found album cover design software. It was difficult for me at first. I hope I was able to help everyone out here!