Author Topic: Workshop manuals now available online, including the 650 Twins  (Read 50475 times)

James.

• Grand Gearhead
  • Independent.
Reply #45 on: October 16, 2022, 10:14:38 am
That's strange, James. When I click the link to bikesinfotech, I'm taken directly to the HTML version of the 650 manual 🤔

Anyone else having problems with this link?
Tried 3 times again.It takes me to a page my manuals  where it asks make,model,email address.
Clicking continue it then takes me to a payment page.Its not allowing me to take a screenshot to show you the pages.I am working from a Lenovo tablet that works fine with no security issues.
Freedom.

James.

• Grand Gearhead
  • Independent.
Reply #46 on: October 16, 2022, 10:38:15 am
That's ok now I have got it.There is an add "My Manuals" which sits on the same page and directs you to the payment page which confused me.Add deleted.
Freedom.

Intybe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: October 16, 2022, 12:15:41 pm
Assuming you are on a computer: Once you arrive at the HTML page _ print to PDF or SAVE as PDF.
_ At first glance, it looks like a well done manual.

Note that you can only download 1-2 pgs at a time that way and the page you download comes with all the surrounding bikesinfotech guff, ie your downloading the Web page not the manual page.

Intybe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: October 16, 2022, 12:21:19 pm
Tried 3 times again.It takes me to a page my manuals  where it asks make,model,email address.
Clicking continue it then takes me to a payment page.Its not allowing me to take a screenshot to show you the pages.I am working from a Lenovo tablet that works fine with no security issues.

Bummer James. Do you have access to a PC? That's what Im using and have no problems, certainly none with pop ups wanting credit card details.

Also, no site can stop you taking a screen shot, which is a function controlled by your device.

James.

• Grand Gearhead
  • Independent.
Reply #49 on: October 16, 2022, 04:19:14 pm
All sorted now thanks for the info.
Freedom.

Rushforth

• Neophyte
Reply #50 on: November 08, 2022, 11:00:52 pm
Got mine off ebay printed copy 46 gbp that's postage included

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: March 19, 2023, 07:22:27 am
Any links to Euro 5 versions?
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

Kentherev

• Neophyte
Reply #52 on: March 23, 2023, 06:02:09 am
You can find a lot of PDF readers here : https://pdf.wondershare.fr/top-pdf-software/free-pdf-reader.html (sorry the site is in French, télécharger means download)
The first one seems quite cool.
I didn't found the manual for the 650 following the link or on Hitch's site but I've found it, in English, on a french forum.
Here's the link : http://www.royalenfieldlesite.fr/spip/spip.php?article652
The only manuals I found are in French. Diagrams are handy I guess, but one in English would be better

Voun

• Camembert électrique
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #53 on: March 27, 2023, 04:15:28 pm
No, you have it in English by clicking the image (on the site, not in this post http://www.royalenfieldlesite.fr/spip/spip.php?article652)

EJJKC

• Grease Monkey
Reply #54 on: March 31, 2023, 11:15:10 pm
When I clicked on the image it wouldn’t load.
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 4.7l qd2
2022 RE Interceptor 650
2004 Goldwing
1997 XR250r 310cc big bore kit, custom ground cam. Big valve kit. Torque monster

All about anything fast enough to do something stupid with.

Happiness is not around the corner, happiness is the corner

Voun

• Camembert électrique
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #55 on: April 05, 2023, 08:45:12 pm
I've sent you a pm

Toontje

• Grand Gearhead
  • Barcelona, Spain
Reply #56 on: April 06, 2023, 01:54:54 pm
Be careful ordering parts based on the part numbers in this manual. Most part numbers have changed. Not a lot, mostly an /something added to the number, but if you order the parts as mentioned in the manual, your dealer (well, my dealer at least) might come back to you that those parts you ordered are not available anymore. If this happens, ask for an alternative compatible part instead.
Ice Queen for sale in Spain (Was: Riding my Ice Queen through Spain).

Voun

• Camembert électrique
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #57 on: April 06, 2023, 09:07:47 pm
Thanks for the advice

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: April 11, 2023, 03:04:52 pm
 I have downloaded every version of the service manual in this thread. They all seem correct, that is they will open and I can see at least the beginnings of the manual.
 But, trying to navigate to higher page numbers, like in the 500 range causes the pdf reader on my phone or iPad to choke and jump back to the beginning.
 The file is slow to load and almost impossible to navigate.
 I know that this is mainly because the pages are photos, not text. Pdf allows both text and scanned photos to be displayed and these files are all scanned.
 I have the ‘indexed’ version, yet clicking on an entry in the contents page does nothing.
 I have tried to compress the pdf for faster load time but it results in a file now over 1 gig from the original 875mb version.
 I have tried to load into Adobe Reader online but it tells me the file is corrupt. I have downloaded from this forum multiple time and get same results.
 I have tried to optimize vis PDF Pen software but it crashes the program.
 Trying to load into Adobe Reader on my iPad also results in a corrupt file error.
 The only way I have found to be able to navigate to higher page numbers is with Preview on my Mac, a 6-core i7 with 64gig ram, way more horsepower than my phone or iPad.
 Does anyone know of a version that is not all scanned pages, i.e. the original typed manual?

2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #59 on: April 11, 2023, 04:22:36 pm
I have downloaded every version of the service manual in this thread. They all seem correct, that is they will open and I can see at least the beginnings of the manual.
 But, trying to navigate to higher page numbers, like in the 500 range causes the pdf reader on my phone or iPad to choke and jump back to the beginning.
 The file is slow to load and almost impossible to navigate.
 I know that this is mainly because the pages are photos, not text. Pdf allows both text and scanned photos to be displayed and these files are all scanned.
 I have the ‘indexed’ version, yet clicking on an entry in the contents page does nothing.
 I have tried to compress the pdf for faster load time but it results in a file now over 1 gig from the original 875mb version.
 I have tried to load into Adobe Reader online but it tells me the file is corrupt. I have downloaded from this forum multiple time and get same results.
 I have tried to optimize vis PDF Pen software but it crashes the program.
 Trying to load into Adobe Reader on my iPad also results in a corrupt file error.
 The only way I have found to be able to navigate to higher page numbers is with Preview on my Mac, a 6-core i7 with 64gig ram, way more horsepower than my phone or iPad.
 Does anyone know of a version that is not all scanned pages, i.e. the original typed manual?
The answer to your question, as asked, is no.
The solution for your problem might be to load it on your Mac and divide it into ~4 sections by Print to PDF Pages x to x
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R