Author Topic: YouTube suggestions?  (Read 84360 times)

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
on: March 25, 2020, 04:57:51 pm
While sipping my quarantini last night, I wondered if anyone out there had some positive YouTube sources that distract you from TP inventories and foraging missions. Michael Waller’s weekly britbike installments are my faves, as are Hoo’s Mini World, This Old Tony and of course the daring Noraly. Once in a while, Paul Henshaw shares a ride on an old British bike, and AvE does intelligent projects laced with creative vulgarity.
Perhaps you have some gems to share?
Lurker on a Vespa

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 05:27:01 pm
Yes, Michael Waller's installments are always fun and informative.  I wish I had his skill.  One other I really like is "Shedbilt Dave" who restores many different types of Brit bikes. He could use a cleaning lady to tidy up the "shed", but overall his knowledge of how machine, restore, create parts for vintage bikes is very impressive.  He has a great series on RE, builds from the frame up.

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 07:44:59 pm
Depends what floats your boat.
Mustie 1
Mi Ty
Colin Furze [idiot but ingenious]
Bad Obsession Motorsport [Project Binky]
To name a few

Frank

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 08:28:50 pm
Good call Boxerman, was about to mention Bad Obsession Motorsport. Binge watch over 5 years of work in a day.

Also watch The Workshop. I'm not bothered by the language personally, some might though.

I always find something to get hooked into just by luck.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 11:26:11 pm
Couldn't have thought of a more timely topic, and I'll be checking out those unfamiliar channels.

As for Mustie1's Channel, I heartily concur that it is indeed a must. It's truly just like hanging out with your best buddy in his shop as he tackles a wild array of fixes and straightup resurrections. What really distinguishes his offerings is his almost interactive manner with the viewer...asking advice, really acknowledging and making one feel "there". You may not have an active interest in some snowblower or irrigation pump engine, but you'll get almost trancelike cheering him on just the same, hour after hour. His triumphs will feel like yours. Besides, it's just about the finest series of practical engine diagnostic seminars you can find anywhere. That he doesn't have his own show on the Discovery Channel or somewhere on basic cable by now is sort of a mystery, but probably a good thing for us. More cooks would likely only spoil that already perfect broth.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:39:20 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 12:09:24 am
That he doesn't have his own show on the Discovery Channel or somewhere on basic cable by now is sort of a mystery, but probably a good thing for us. More cooks would likely only spoil that already perfect broth.

I'll bet he would have nothing to do with the control they have over you once they get a contract signed. Plus these horrible cable TV media people make you say things you would not normally say. That's what ruined the car and bike programs (and MANY others) that used to be on before "reality TV" took over. PBS too, is now unwatchable (Travels With Darley?? My god).

They all became "Oh my god! we have to get the rust off this bolt or we'll never get it done in time and we were behind schedule before we even started! O my O my O my".
And the phony star who wandered around contributing nothing but stupid jokes.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 08:59:13 am
He was offered a 'trial' on TV but as tooseevee said, he didn't like the conditions of the contract.
Hand Tool Rescue [That's another one] was also offered one but refused for the same reasons.

Frank

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 09:16:33 am
Mighty Car Mods

Skid Factory

Raw Beefs
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Ove

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 10:44:54 am
Iridetaz, plenty of UCE mods and glorious exhaust notes on Tazmanian lanes.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 01:45:19 pm

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Lurker on a Vespa

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 09:51:41 pm
No idea why this popped up in suggested. I ended up watching it though lol. On a loop. It'll bring the child out in all of us in these crazy times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX967j1waxU
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:55:10 pm by Carlsberg Wordsworth »

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 10:15:39 pm
Not Youtube but a selection of old BP films, including old motorcycle stuff.

Listen out for some old-school British commentators' accents, dear cousins!

A.

https://www.bpvideolibrary.com/record/450?fbclid=IwAR2SUg0yyRhu9zaMVFhg5jUZX3qOhP6LYJabtbXDYBf_CGJRZ6LsMCxW-1U
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 02:37:29 pm by Joe_535i »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #14 on: April 04, 2020, 04:29:42 pm
On a positive note, always inspiring channel Engineering Explained, bit of sanity in a world gone mad.

https://youtu.be/u-MH4sf5xkY