Author Topic: P. Terblanche quits RE  (Read 3365 times)

Otto_Ing

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:15:11 am by oTTo »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 01:29:59 pm
It does not come as a surprise.

I don't know any details about why he quit, but my suspicions would be that the corporation placed too much limit on what he could do. Nothing frustrates a designer more than a straitjacket on creativity.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Otto_Ing

Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:26:14 pm
My suspicion was that he has been hired as a part of a marketing campaign and probably the other names too.

...and than if that "Duck" bike came out of his department.  :o
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:32:06 pm by oTTo »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 02:57:25 pm
Wasn't Terblanche working for that American company that makes very expensive and weird S&S-powered V-twin motorcycles (Confederate?) last year?  I think he has a habit of jumping around from here to there all of the time.  Perhaps he is getting a little forgetful in his old age and can't recall which motorcycle company he is working for this week?   ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 03:16:01 pm
Wasn't Terblanche working for that American company that makes very expensive and weird S&S-powered V-twin motorcycles (Confederate?) last year?  I think he has a habit of jumping around from here to there all of the time.  Perhaps he is getting a little forgetful in his old age and can't recall which motorcycle company he is working for this week?   ::)
Yes, he does seem to move around a lot. He was at Confederate a while back. He may be hard to work with, or has a short attention span.

I am not the biggest fan of his work, but he is a protégé of Tamburini,  so he is capable.

I did have some hopes that he would really be able to shine with RE.
Oh well.

Home of the Fireball 535 !

Otto_Ing

Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 04:11:02 pm
T&T might have complemented each others work well, Tamburinis work is very likeable and has a clean line to it, while Terblanches design is more wild and brings a chaotic element which is prerequisite for a "new" likeable clean design?

Just my amateur analysis. ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:41:05 pm by oTTo »