Author Topic: I sent a message to Kevin today  (Read 6487 times)

tenacres650

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 11:17:29 pm
why not make a facebook page and link it to the forum? The other thing someone with the smarts could make an app for Android linking it to this site, I have one on my phone for my DR650, that has the link for DRRIDERS.com on it.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 01:48:08 am
I also rechecked the RE USA forum and found that by digging a bit, yes, the forum link is to this site.

That's great and I hope it stays that way.

Although I am sure the new Royal Enfield USA company would like to have their own site, there is absolutely no way they could ever begin to duplicate the vast amount of information about all of the models of Royal Enfields  this site has.

In another post I suggested the new director, Rod Copes, should have one of his board members become an active participant in this forum.

Now, I'll go that one better.

Rod Copes should join this forum and actively take part in the discussions.
The break from doing corporation type business will be good for him.  It will allow him to sit back and really get to know the people who are buying the product.

Not only that but it will carry on the Tradition of being one of the few, if not the only large company in the US where the lowly buyers can actually talk to the Chief of the Board of Directors.

In the past, the ability to talk directly to Kevin on this forum was one of the main reasons I chose to buy my Royal Enfield.

I don't see it. This is a forum that Kevin created for all RE enthusiasts. He hasn't gone anywhere. Hopefully whatever forum is created by RE USA will be great, and hopefully as you suggest Mr. Copes will chime in once in a while as Kevin has on this forum. A new forum will be great to add to the mix.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

mc35803

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 04:03:16 am
Ditto to all the positive comments about Kevin.   I followed this site for years before buying a 2015 Royal Enfield .  The world wide site couldn't compete or address U.S. issues.  I would NOT have bought the C-5 had it not been for this site.
Miles

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 08:06:51 pm
This forum is the one that is the real American one. You may notice that it is now attached to Nfield Gear, which is actually a separate entity from CMW, Classic Motor Works, that was the importer and distributor. It's becoming rather apparent the CMW is ceasing to exist. But as an Accessory Dealer, NFG can continue on and possibly will continue the forum as is.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

pmanaz1973

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 10:57:10 pm
Ditto to all the positive comments about Kevin.   I followed this site for years before buying a 2015 Royal Enfield .  The world wide site couldn't compete or address U.S. issues.  I would NOT have bought the C-5 had it not been for this site.
+1  without this site I never would have purchased my C5.  All I ever heard about these bikes was 10 year old hearsay and doom and gloom over electrical and build quality. 
1984 XL350R
1991 XR250L
1976 Harley XLH 1000
1993 CBR 600
1976 Norton Commando 850
1972 BMW R75/5
2014 Royal Enfield C5

dginfw

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 12:13:14 am
Ditto. 
I would not have bought either of the two new bikes, much less my iron barrel, if it were not for the info and support from this forum
Dave in TX:   '01  W650- keeper
                    '12 C5 military -sold
                    '14 Continental GT-  sold
                    '06 Iron Barrel Bullet- Ace Clubman mods