Author Topic: Members Rides = National Geographic meets Classic Motorcycle  (Read 830 times)

kauai1800

• Bulleteer
I just wanted to say that I LOVE seeing the photos of RE bikes from all over the world that are posted in our Member's Rides Section. The ones from India are especially nice. But I like the ones from Canada, Alabama, Germany, the UK and New Jersey too.

For me, it's like a mix of Nat Geo magazine with a Classic Bike magazine. I can imagine the sounds and smells of the bike that's shown...so it makes it easier to imagine the PLACE. I can imagine riding to that place and parking the bike as seen in the photo..walking over and snapping the picture...then getting back on and riding around more in this foreign place.  ;D I've never been to India for example, but I've always wanted to go and these photos really make me feel that way. I can only imagine how nice it would be to ride around in Ireland or The Lakes District on a cool morning with the smell of the grass and the sound of the sheep.

Sometimes I'll post a couple shots of my bike in Kauai..not to say "nyahh I live on the beautiful island and you don't", but rather to give you the same experience of riding your RE someplace new using imagination.

Here you can smell flowers and eucalyptus trees as you ride...gotta watch for chickens on the road and gravel...speed limit = 50 mph.

Frankly, it gets old riding around a small island on the same roads with no option to just "leave" and drive 250 miles to someplace new...So every place has good and bad points..

Please keep the cool photos from all over the globe coming!
'05 Royal Enfield Deluxe
'64 Volvo 1800S

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 11:44:10 pm
+1 brother kauai !!

I have been to some of those places, the rest I visit vicariously through our forum brothers postings.
No matter where you go, there, you are.