Author Topic: itchyboots.com  (Read 5497 times)

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 26, 2019, 08:57:38 pm
Came across this great journey on YouTube the other night by accident.

Travelling the world on a Himalayan

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEIs9nkveW9WmYtsOcJBwTg

And her blog here: https://www.itchyboots.com/

Personally I think the videos are just about the right length containing all the right kind of ingredients in bite size segments.

I can only imagine keeping on top of YouTube editing, twitter, facebook and Instagram is a big enough job as it is lol.

Anyway, all the best with your journey Noraly :)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 12:38:40 pm
Came across this great journey on YouTube the other night by accident.

Travelling the world on a Himalayan

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEIs9nkveW9WmYtsOcJBwTg

And her blog here: https://www.itchyboots.com/

Personally I think the videos are just about the right length containing all the right kind of ingredients in bite size segments.

I can only imagine keeping on top of YouTube editing, twitter, facebook and Instagram is a big enough job as it is lol.

Anyway, all the best with your journey Noraly :)

Well, I waited and waited. And waited.

Are you and I the only ones who have watched this amazing girl's videos??  I can't believe there are still no comments.

She not only has her shit together, but she rides well. And no matter what happens, she is constantly positive and just forges ahead and gits 'er done!

She showed what an amazing attitude she has just in the sequence of putting up with constructing the crate for her bike and THEN it ends up missing the correct plane and being aNOTHER two weeks late. I'd be a raving lunatic. What does she do? She rents a bike and goes RIDing!

I love this girl!  Thanks for the link  :)

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 07:14:52 pm
Yup tooseevee, I reckon it's just you and me here :)

Unless all the thread viewers have started watching.

I hope she doesn't mind me posting this here. I couldn't find contact details to ask.

On a bit of a binge watch atm to get to the current episode.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 09:28:35 pm
Yup tooseevee, I reckon it's just you and me here :)

Unless all the thread viewers have started watching.

I hope she doesn't mind me posting this here. I couldn't find contact details to ask.

On a bit of a binge watch atm to get to the current episode.

I am helplessly, hopelessly, unashamedly in love with this girl. I hope my twin granddaughters grow up to at least be something like this girl, but it's so hard because they are victims of the nanny state which is an impossibly strong influence even if they DO try to defend themselves against it.     
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:50:30 pm
Trust me, with 100 views on this thread as I write, you guys won't be the only two here who are watching...

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 04:29:40 pm
I've been watching noraly since the first video! I just didn't see this thread until now.

She amazes me constantly. Really smart and un-flapable! Now riding through the middle east alone???  :o

I worry about her, but again she is very tough, smart, and resourceful.

Go Noraly !!!  8)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 05:33:30 pm
Now on Royal Enfield you tube channel;

https://www.youtube.com/user/royalenfieldmedia/videos

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 12:16:25 am
Getting 20,000 views on a video in the first 24 hours - we aren't the only dirty old men watching...

I mean that in the kindest, gentlest way, of course!

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 02:15:50 pm
I just started watching, she is an amazing amazing women. I did not know of her until stumbling on this post. I remember years ago reading about another woman "Carla King" who traveled North America on a Russian Ural sidehack bike keeping a photo journal but that was before youutube.
Pushrod
Yeah, times have changed, me, not so much

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 04:12:11 pm
What's up with little blonde Dutch gals taking on the world? Must be something in the water.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 03:22:53 pm
Just in case someone doesn't know yet, Noraly visits Royal Enfield Dubai in latest instalment! Interesting to see the real world, not larger than life view of things.  Now in Iran.

twowheeladdict

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 02:02:49 am
Hey Y'all.  New here.  Got my Himalayan 10 days ago and have 385 miles on it now. 

When I was researching the bike I came across Noraly's adventure and binge watched from the beginning to yesterday.  I am very impressed with this little bike. 

I have had several small to mid size dual sport / adventure bikes over the years as 2nd, 3rd or 4th bikes in the stable and am really enjoying the Himalayan.  I bought it for what it is, and for what it isn't.