Author Topic: Wanted bullet 500  (Read 2915 times)

Parm

• Scooter
on: April 04, 2021, 07:02:24 am
I am looking for a clean iron cast bullet 500. I have been looking for one for quite some time now. Does anybody have one for sale? If it's around the bay area that's even better. Not looking to go outside of cali.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 09:55:09 pm
Hi Parm..Well that sucks that I'm in Va nd u in California....I have a 06 unmolested 5 speed for sale with the usual slight visual mods done to it....if u know anyone who might be interested closer to my locale; have them send a PM to me.....Green Machine still riding both bikes but less every year....Hope all is well with u...
Oh Magoo you done it again

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 07:20:24 pm
Here's one that might be close enough for you to consider.

Pretty cheap too!  Better get on it, the good deals don't last.

https://modesto.craigslist.org/mcy/d/delhi-royal-enfield-2003/7292337030.html

Parm

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 05:22:38 pm
Here's one that might be close enough for you to consider.

Pretty cheap too!  Better get on it, the good deals don't last.

https://modesto.craigslist.org/mcy/d/delhi-royal-enfield-2003/7292337030.html

I messages this guy he said the bike had sold. Idk why he even has the ad up now.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 07:53:07 pm
Well l often keep my eyes open for a cheap one as well that needs some recommissioning l like working on older bikes as long as the crank and mains ok.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 07:55:59 pm
That silver one is a nice bike, sad l don't live in the US.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 08:27:21 pm
A $1500 machine and a $1500 Hitchcock's crank and you have a 6000+ RPM, 40 HP capable machine, assuming you are willing & able to do the work. A $250 forged piston, $200 alloy barrel and $1100 5-speed gearbox and you have a real runner. Another $1100 for a disc-brake front end and she'll stop like a modern machine too.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Parm

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 02:56:41 am
Hi Parm..Well that sucks that I'm in Va nd u in California....I have a 06 unmolested 5 speed for sale with the usual slight visual mods done to it....if u know anyone who might be interested closer to my locale; have them send a PM to me.....Green Machine still riding both bikes but less every year....Hope all is well with u...

I'm not too sure where va nd u is but I'd be willing to come out there and take it off your hands if you want. we could also transport it. my pms don't seem to be sending so could you please send a pm?

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 03:37:11 am
I messages this guy he said the bike had sold. Idk why he even has the ad up now.
Sorry, I realized just now that this is the same machine that was shown on Charro's thread and that you said it was already sold three weeks ago.  Some of the Craiglist ads seem to be totally bogus, my brother realized this years ago in San Diego, and I've seen the same phenomenon here in Chicago.  Usually the price is quite attractive.  Not sure what the point of them is, perhaps just to collect valid cell phone numbers to sell.  A friend who pursued one such deal from a Craigslist ad, said the seller initiated the common "I'm in a foreign country, pre-pay via wire" scam.  I report ads that look fishy, like those that have the same pictures on ads with different descriptions and different locations listed.

Here's another possibility, a 2008 military that looks well kept:  https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/d/concord-royal-enfield-500cc-bullet/7299025999.html    Been up for two weeks, ... you've probably already seen the ad.

And another possibility, although this ad was placed 8 months ago, so it's a long shot.  There's no charge for Offer Up ads, so these tend to linger.  Seller doesn't state the model year, and my eye isn't very good, but this looks like a pre-2009 to me.  Price is right too.  https://offerup.com/item/detail/914290789/

Maybe GreenMachine is talking about one of the VA hospitals?  Or Van Nuys?  who knows...  I'll try sending him a PM and pass along any response.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:59:47 am by axman88 »

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 04:06:16 am
As a VA (Commonwealth of Virginia) resident, perhaps I should interpret:

When 'GreenMachine' wrote in abbreviated fashion, as is much in vogue with the kids nowadays, ''I'm in Va nd u in California", what he probably meant in full was, "I am in Virginia and you [are] in California."  That comment likely stems from the fact that the original poster had expressed a desire to find a bike in the (San Francisco) "bay area." This seemed fairly obvious to me, but on the other hand "bay area" to me might usually indicate either the Chesapeake Bay or perhaps the other commonwealth of my birth, Massachusetts, or "The Bay State", while "Cali", another term used by the original poster, typically first brings to my mind some town in Columbia where the nose candy comes from.

Not that I'm in the market for another Iron Barrel, but I'd still be curious to see a few pix of 'GreenMachine's' '06, some more details, and what he may be asking for it...just because. And why the hell IS  "abbreviation" such a long damned word?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 04:36:41 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 04:19:47 am
As a VA (Commonwealth of Virginia) resident, perhaps I should interpret:

When 'GreenMachine' wrote in abbreviated fashion, as is much in vogue with the kids nowadays, ''I'm in Va nd u in California", what he probably meant in full was, "I am in Virginia and you [are] in California."  That comment likely stems from the fact that the original poster had expressed a desire to find a bike in the (San Francisco) "bay area." This seemed fairly obvious to me, but on the other hand "bay area" to me might usually indicate either the Chesapeake Bay or perhaps the other commonwealth of my birth, Massachusetts, or "The Bay State", while "Cali", another term used by the original poster, typically first brings to my mind some town in Columbia where the nose candy comes from.

Not that I'm in the market for another Iron Barrel, but I'd still be curious to see a few pix of 'GreenMachine's' '06, some more details, and what he may be asking for it...just because. And why the hell IS  "abbreviation" such a long damned word?
Of course!  It's so obvious now, thank you .....     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIcec_bQss

I've sent our textese speaking member a PM, which honestly I'm not sure is working for me either?   We don't seem to have the benefit of a "sent" box.  Or perhaps mine just doesn't work.  I know I've sent several PM successfully in the past, because folks responded with PMs and quoted my PM, but now, ... just don't know.

The other issue with PMs that may be routed to emails, is that those tend to end up in folk's spam filters.  Lots of new tricks for us old dogs to learn.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 04:38:16 am by Bilgemaster »

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 04:51:32 am
Of course!  It's so obvious now, thank you .....     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIcec_bQss

I've sent our textese speaking member a PM, which honestly I'm not sure is working for me either?   We don't seem to have the benefit of a "sent" box.  Or perhaps mine just doesn't work.  I know I've sent several PM successfully in the past, because folks responded with PMs and quoted my PM, but now, ... just don't know.

The other issue with PMs that may be routed to emails, is that those tend to end up in folk's spam filters.  Lots of new tricks for us old dogs to learn.

There is a "Sent Items" box in the Forum's PM service. Just go to "Messaging" as one does by clicking the little black envelope icon near the upper right of the screen, just to the left of one's user name, open any message by clicking it, mouse-over or click the "Messages" tab (white text on red), and there it is. You can also get thereabouts (at least in "Desktop Display" mode, if not on all devices) by clicking the little 'Send Private Message' icon () below a user's profile. There's also a 'Send Email' icon () next to it. These icons may not display by default in Android or some other device browsers.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:14:27 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 07:12:50 am
How about this 1964 in Lomitas CA being offered up on 2040 cycles?  http://www.2040-motos.com/Royal-Enfield/bullet/1964-royal-enfield-bullet-458877/

There is a "Sent Items" box in the Forum's PM service.
Thanks sir.  I realize now, I probably set it to not keep Sent messages in my preferences.

Seipgam

• BTSCA
  • Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: April 15, 2021, 03:40:10 am
That "64" model looks later than that.  Late 80's - 90"s I'd say.
Plenty of them came with a plate that stated a certain year but found to me much later   Can be dated by the chassis/engine number of course.
My "1970" model was made in 1995.

Geoff.
1954 Francis Barnett, Kestrel 66 122cc
1995 Royal Enfield Bullet 500
1988 Jawa 638, 350cc

ddavidv

• Prefers "Your Majesty"
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 12:16:34 pm
Someone tried hard to make it look older, I think. Amp meter is same as on my 2007. Carb is no Amal. Big front brake is not from the 1960s. Tool box decals look too new to my eye. It's nicely done though.
2023 Scram 411, 2007 five speed 'Deluxe', 1964 750 Interceptor