Author Topic: Latest mods  (Read 1868 times)

grahamfirestorm

• grahamfirestorm
  • Scooter
  • ridden for 53yrs raced in the 70s and 80s
on: March 06, 2021, 04:19:09 pm
A few shots of the silver spectre as it is now with the renthall bars,hagon shocks and powerage pipes.
boss the bike not the other way round.

RalphG

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 06:59:14 pm
Well done!!

I am particularly interested in the shock absorbers you fitted.  What brand, from whom ordered and are you happy with them.  I am very light in weight 134# and 61 kilos and even TEC's softer (allegedly) shocks are almost rigid under me.  I lightened my bike by about 30# which doesn't help shock absorber function, but it does make me feel a lot more in control of my bike at stops, etc.. 

Ralph
You don't stop riding motorcycles because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding motorcycles.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 07:11:01 pm
I like the look of the pipes and silencers.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

grahamfirestorm

• grahamfirestorm
  • Scooter
Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 09:34:40 pm
Hi Ralph,im a similar weight and i bought some tec shocks which were just as you say rigid and hard and i got no reply from tec or the supplier i bought them from,which really pissed me off so i wont buy anything else from tec,very unprofessional.I bought these Hagon shocks from Hitchcocks,standard length with black springs,and because of our lockdown ive ridden the bike once but could tell immediately a vast improvement.They sell a shorter shock like these which cost a bit more but i thought i would stick to the original length.

Blazingatom

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 09:37:49 pm
Hi Ralph,
When I ordered my hagon shocks I filled out the below form which makes me believe they should be suitable for you.
Because of lock down I’ve yet to ride further than bump starting it down the street today
Military Aircraft Engineer rotarywing and fast jet
Current bike: Conti GT 650
Previous bikes: Aprilia RS50, Cagiva Mito Evo, zx7r, TL1000r featured in PB, zx6r, Fireblade

grahamfirestorm

• grahamfirestorm
  • Scooter
Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 09:40:04 pm
Hi Ace,the front pipes are standard,the silencers are from India called Powerage pipes.They are brushed stainless with detachable baffles,they run really cool and sound deep and bassy,very cheap compared to other similar silencers about £200 the pair.

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 12:58:41 am
Can get the Powerage slip-ons in polished SS too..

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 01:33:03 am
Hi Ralph,im a similar weight and i bought some tec shocks which were just as you say rigid and hard and i got no reply from tec or the supplier i bought them from,which really pissed me off so i wont buy anything else from tec,very unprofessional.I bought these Hagon shocks from Hitchcocks,standard length with black springs,and because of our lockdown ive ridden the bike once but could tell immediately a vast improvement.They sell a shorter shock like these which cost a bit more but i thought i would stick to the original length.

Was that Tec USA?  They never answer my emails either.

RalphG

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 03:17:56 am

Thanks for the form.  That is a big help in my search for good shocks. 

Ralph
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 03:21:11 am by RalphG »
You don't stop riding motorcycles because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding motorcycles.

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 05:16:57 am
My Hagons took a couple of thou km to break in and now they are quite plush with more controlled damping than oem. Do recommend the +20mm longer units, if your sticks allow...

grahamfirestorm

• grahamfirestorm
  • Scooter
Reply #10 on: March 07, 2021, 06:57:20 pm
Hi Blazers,it was tec england,purchased from burton bike bits,they just werent interested.