Author Topic: Himalayan To Be Recalled By Royal Enfield Due To Engine Issues  (Read 2834 times)

phoenixt

• Grease Monkey
  • "All that is rare is for the rare" Nietzsche

http://www.drivespark.com/two-wheelers/2016/royal-enfield-himalayan-recalled-for-engine-issues-015589.html

Hope they get the kinks worked out over there before they bring the bike to the North American market.
“Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.”
― Viktor E. Frankl

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
I think the story here (if true) is that they are actually admitting a problem and recalling the product. Admitting problems is new behavior for RE which should bode well for consumers.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
My understanding is it's a defective rocker arm. :o  Sounds like an easy fix.  Whatever it is, they're on it! Should be resolved soon. ::)

I never blame anyone for making a mistake as long as they stand behind their work. Fix the problem and everything's good. :)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
http://www.drivespark.com/two-wheelers/2016/royal-enfield-himalayan-recalled-for-engine-issues-015589.html

Hope they get the kinks worked out over there before they bring the bike to the North American market.

I do too ! but kinks or not I would take one right now if it were only possible.

It just makes sense if some of the reasons factoring into the decision to dedicate the first years production solely to the Indian Domestic Market were; catering to the needs of their biggest bread and butter group, quicker easier handling of any teething problems or recalls and time to refine the product and production processes before delivering to other more distant (often highly critical) markets.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

phoenixt

• Grease Monkey
  • "All that is rare is for the rare" Nietzsche
“Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.”
― Viktor E. Frankl