Author Topic: C5 Classic...Normal Engine Noise?  (Read 11833 times)

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #75 on: December 25, 2021, 11:45:55 pm
Well anyone knows who had a collection of bsa bikes they used to clatter especially the ones with all alloy top ends my bullet sounds sweet in comparison by a long way.

Crabsapper

• Bulleteer
  • So many experts......
Reply #76 on: December 26, 2021, 01:54:31 pm
Well anyone knows who had a collection of bsa bikes they used to clatter especially the ones with all alloy top ends my bullet sounds sweet in comparison by a long way.
So does mine, now its been repaired properly.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: December 26, 2021, 07:22:11 pm
Mine has not been repaired yet just correct service oil changes and not ridden hard, that’s not to say the problem could not develop but nothing as yet, l now some of them can make a racket.

Crabsapper

• Bulleteer
  • So many experts......
Reply #78 on: April 12, 2022, 09:27:21 am
Well, just for completeness, here's an update:

Getting the bike back coincided with the council starting to salt the roads, so I only got the one 80 mile test ride in before Winter.
About a month ago, with little salt down and during an unusually mild March, I went out to enjoy the bike. Sadly my enjoyment was cut short by a large oil leak after 5 miles.
I found that the oil temperature sensor in the head was broken, I would guess overtightened by the dealer "mechanic" during the (unecessary) head replacement.
Having given up on the warranty by this stage, I ordered one and fitted it myself.
Another couple of rides went by, then on a ride out with a mate, the engine cut out suddenly. I checked the usual, fuel pump relays etc, but all seemed well, until I noticed no sloshing noises as I moved the bike. The tank was empty! But how, as the low fuel light hadn't come on? I looked under the tank to find the low fuel sensor disconnected!   >:(
Presumably left that way during the various meddling by either the dealer or importer.....nice work guys.

Improvising a fuel transfer from the other bike, thankfully a carb equipped Harley, we were soon on our way to the garage.

Since then, I've managed to get another 1000 miles on the bike with no further issues, touch wood. I'm just grateful to have it back in my possession and out of the hands of the professionals!  ;D

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #79 on: April 12, 2022, 11:42:07 am
Well to be fair some of those dealers are bloody terrible, to think they don’t know how to torque a sensor up, and how absent minded is it to leave it the fuel sensor unplugged on the sender, l would give that another full check over, l never use dealers un less absolutely necessary, l have heard very bad rip off stories with relatives bikes l have had to correct, but glad to hear you got it all sorted now.

MartinvdP

• Scooter
Reply #80 on: May 30, 2022, 02:25:34 pm
What a story to read, unbelievable.
My 2021 Bullet 500 has given me no trouble, but the first service was pretty expensive for what took about 1 hour to complete and by the look of what came out of the oil strainer at 5000 km I don't think it was cleaned during that first service.
I service the bike myself as the amount of money saved on "professional servicing" will soon be enough to buy a new one.

fressko

• Scooter
Reply #81 on: June 05, 2022, 02:10:03 pm
Dealers seem to dodge cleaning strainers, they dont care, the more you bring the bike to them the more money they make. Learn to do your own work, buy the tools. Especially for the RE. Your relationship with the bike will change for the better.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #82 on: June 05, 2022, 03:37:59 pm
Well the strainer will catch everything but the point is it has to be cleaned every service l don’t think they bother because it a bit awkward to get at.

Crabsapper

• Bulleteer
  • So many experts......
Reply #83 on: June 21, 2022, 10:20:49 am
With nearly 9000 miles on the clock now, I'm calling this one case closed. Just completed a 2 week tour of the UK, two-up, covering 2250 miles with no problems.
We tried to stay on smaller roads where we could cruise at 55-65mph and got 85mpg.
On days where it wasn't possible, the bike was happy at 70mph, kept up with traffic fine, and returned 77mpg.
The screen helps with comfort above 50mph, and I find the B5 bars better.
The FuelX Lite and DIY booster plug have been thoroughly tested, and the fuelling is now near perfect, as good as my Interceptor.

fressko

• Scooter
Reply #84 on: July 11, 2022, 09:31:58 am
glad to see that sorted, it really seemed at some point your particular bike was made on a Monday.