Author Topic: New member here with my slightly modified Continental GT 535  (Read 29930 times)

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #480 on: June 21, 2022, 05:23:35 pm
Hitchcocks' tend not to have parts books for Indian home market models. Official imports and post war Redditch  models only

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Taurim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #481 on: June 21, 2022, 08:45:52 pm
While waiting for some parts to be delivered I did some work to improve the intake valve unshrouding.

Thanks a lot to Paul Henshaw for his photos and videos showing how it should be done on a RE head !
It showed me my previous work on the head was not so good around the intake valve.

The valve lift are exactly what we have with the stock cams for the first photo and HM performance cams for the second.
On the stock head the valve is very close from the wall on the left.
(the valves are stock and won't be reused)

Taurim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #482 on: June 23, 2022, 06:05:20 pm
I received the clutch wheel from HM. This time it IS the correct part :)

The reference is 571100/A... but it's definitely not the same than the clutch wheel sold by some Indian eBay resellers !

Richard was right  ;)

Taurim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #483 on: June 26, 2022, 09:51:31 am
Yet another problem  >:(

I think the small spacer between the bearings on the left of the crank was forgotten during engine block reassembly. As soon as I tighten the screw on the left of the crankshaft it is very difficult to turn it...

Part 7 :

(5 is a ball bearing, 8 is a roller bearing)

I even tried to only assemble parts 22 to 25 and nothing else (no clutch, no primary chain, no starter wheel) and it makes no difference.
As soon as I tighten 22 the crank is blocked

So I have to get the engine out... again  ::)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 09:53:52 am by Taurim »

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ding a ding dang my dangalong linglong
Reply #484 on: June 26, 2022, 11:25:52 am
Shit. That's on the engine assembler, I hope. Hope they can find that spacer, too. That's annoying for you.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
SL125

Taurim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #485 on: June 26, 2022, 03:01:46 pm
The spacer is an inexpensive part I can get fast from HM. Getting the engine block out of the frame is more annoying but with the experience I am now very fast  ::)
Engine block is now in the boot/trunk of the car. To be continued...