Author Topic: 2005 with delivery mileage!  (Read 855 times)

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
on: March 21, 2021, 02:11:04 pm
 Not mine. Saw this and as it has only delivery mileage, I thought someone might be interested...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Enfield-Bullet-500/124646073135
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 03:13:01 pm
Looks like one of the last Indian home market classic (I.B.) Bullets now located in the UK. Maybe repost this in the iron barrel section?

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 03:37:37 pm
As per Adrian II's suggestion, I went ahead and punted this topic over to this Iron Barrel section.

That ain't such a bad looking "Iron Belly" if any of our UK members, especially any "Geordies" up in the Northeast, might be looking to experience the wonders and virtues of going all "Primitivo" like me.

I see a couple of minor dings, such as in the headlamp bezel (easily replaced for less than the cost of a pack of that Newcastle Ale), and my "spidey sense" would be on alert because of the whole "Grey Market" importation thing, though the auction text claims that it's been at least partially sorted legally with a "NOVA" (as described here: https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/telling-hmrc) as well as the bike being MoT'd. But it IS for charity...So, that's what you tell the wife.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 04:01:47 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 03:55:18 pm
I sa that bike on eBay but there was an issue with the registration documents, there were a couple of dings it got while being transported but they could easily and cheaply be repaired, quite a rear find.