Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 348629 times)

EKThumper

• Scooter
Reply #225 on: May 18, 2010, 02:59:34 pm
If a chase truck and trailer is needed I can provide them. I also have the time to transport to where ever needed.

Ed
08 Iron Deluxe, 09 Tri-Glide, 00 Sportster...Yard work is for those who don't ride.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #226 on: May 18, 2010, 04:16:43 pm
Looks like our weather forecast might be less than perfect- chance of scattered light rain.  Those of you coming from a ways out remember to bring along some rain gear and drive extra careful if it gets slippery out there.  I still think we can convince the weather gods to cooperate though!

Eamon
Eamon

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #227 on: May 18, 2010, 04:54:04 pm
If a chase truck and trailer is needed I can provide them. I also have the time to transport to where ever needed.

Ed

Brother that offer is mighty kind and generous of you.  Hopefully we wont need to take you up on it.

My buddy's work schedule is posted on Wednesday, we'll know then if he gets Saturday off. Keeping my fingers crossed for both weather and schedules..
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Teebo

• Scooter
Reply #228 on: May 19, 2010, 07:47:18 pm
Looks like I have to work so maybe I'll catch you guys another time..  was fun last year, thought the ride up from Olympia was even more fun. Maybe we have enough people to start up some rides.
REA # 118
2009 Bullet G5 Deluxe EFI
2007 HD Softail Deluxe
Olympia WA

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #229 on: May 19, 2010, 09:37:22 pm
Looks like I have to work so maybe I'll catch you guys another time..  was fun last year, thought the ride up from Olympia was even more fun. Maybe we have enough people to start up some rides.

Sorry to here that.

The good news is there are at least six of us that I know of for sure are in the the south sound / Oly neck of the woods. Give me a shout sometime.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #230 on: May 19, 2010, 09:42:31 pm
Looks like our weather forecast might be less than perfect- chance of scattered light rain.  Those of you coming from a ways out remember to bring along some rain gear and drive extra careful if it gets slippery out there.  I still think we can convince the weather gods to cooperate though!

Eamon

Br. Eamon keep doing whatever your doing with respect to the weather.

Latest forecast has chance of light and scattered showers down to 30%

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/98109

Mitch

• Scooter
Reply #231 on: May 21, 2010, 01:31:38 pm
Hi All,  I will be there... I am still breaking in a low mile 2007 Military.  I plan to make a rest stop at Jet City Cafe in Renton (about half way point for me) and let the engine cool.  Plan to be in Seattle sometime between noon and 1pm. Mitch

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #232 on: May 22, 2010, 06:00:12 am
Weather forecast for Seattle
10% chance of showers in the AM rising to 30% in the afternoon then dropping to 20% by 4PM and  to 10% by 5PM

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USWA0395?begHour=6&begDay=142#hhView

I'll take those odds  ;)

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #233 on: May 23, 2010, 04:59:34 pm
Nice to see you all yesterday, it was a fantastic turnout!   I think at the peak, there were 20 bikes   at one time (a few more than that in total if you count some that came after others had left).  Most of 'em were Bullets too!

I'm thinking we should have had some sort of an award for the person who rode the farthest to get there.  Maybe cleanest and dirtiest bike awards as well (pretty sure I know which category I'd be in the running for).

Some random notes off the top of my head:
- I think my brother Sean's G5 was the only UCE engined bike in attendance.
- There were enough military models to make a convoy!
- Gerry (500KSGerry) was in attendance with his Yamaha 650 stuffed Bullet (it's a beast!)
- Bill Harris has gone to 21" front and 18" rear wheels on his scrambler (looks cool!)
- Jesse (Jest2dogs) and his wife came on his Guzzi 750 Breva (nice!)

Apologies to those I didn't get around to talking to.  Nice to meet some new folks this year too.  I didn't take any pictures (recently moved and couldn't find the charger for the camera!), but I am looking forward to seeing some of the ones others took.  Gerry may gotten a portrait of everyone and their bike!

Eamon
p.s. maybe we can figure out a way to put together a camping rally someday
Eamon

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #234 on: May 23, 2010, 06:07:28 pm
   I had to cancel. I rode my foul weather bike to work yesterday in the rain (Yamaha XT225 dual sport), and worked until 5:20 or so. It was raining heavily then. Rode home (to Puyallup) and was pretty wet already through my rain gear. Decided that firing up the Bullet and riding 35 miles or so on the back roads to the Nickerson and probably not arriving until 7:00 or so would put me too late to find anyone there, and too wet to enjoy myself too. I'm off Sundays and Mondays (typical motorcycle dealership schedule).

The weather didn't seem to bad in the early afternoon, but no way I could get off work early.
   hope you all had a good time and hope somebody might post some photos.

Jon in Puyallup
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #235 on: May 23, 2010, 06:36:47 pm
We just set up a new dealer in Spokane ( http://www.empire-cycle.com/ )
They should get their  first bikes this week. Hopefully this will add some new members to your ride.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #236 on: May 23, 2010, 11:56:54 pm
 For starting the thread that started the annual get together I think its befitting that the first ever golden kicker awards goes too,,,,,,,,,,,

Br. Birdmove.

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #237 on: May 24, 2010, 01:40:30 am
For starting the thread that started the annual get together I think its befitting that the first ever golden kicker awards goes too,,,,,,,,,,,

Br. Birdmove.

Is that a good thing, or does that mean you all get to kick me?

Seriously, I did take the Enfield out for a spin today, and she did start first kick like she used to.

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

500KsGerry

• Grand Gearhead
  • Remember when decency wasn't a option?
Reply #238 on: May 24, 2010, 04:12:32 am
Low quality you tube video .Did not catch all the  bikes cuz of to much of my blabbing. Better than  nothing I guess. Had  fun  guys, Gerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvP3_wlbiMg
Modified 2001 Royal Enfield bullet 500

toddygirl

• Scooter
Reply #239 on: May 27, 2010, 11:10:52 pm
It was great to see everyone and their bikes! 

Eamon- your highlight list for the meet was fantastic, but I think I'd give you a run for the money in the prize for the dirtiest bike category!

Gerry- Your Youtube posting was a lot of fun to watch.  Are you going to post the pictures of us with our bikes on this site as well?  Thanks for taking them...I totally forgt to pull out my camera...I was too busy socializing!

-Amanda