Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 348641 times)

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #1215 on: March 27, 2017, 01:48:01 am
I agree with Arizoni on this. My 2008 project bike was missing a large amount of hardware but Hitchcock's had it all and at a fair price.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Gesewa

• Scooter
Reply #1216 on: March 27, 2017, 04:22:19 pm
One Ride 2017 coming up April 2nd. 

https://royalenfield.com/oneride/

Anyone feel like representing the brand? 8) 
I don't know what official plans there will be if any.  I registered on the site so we'll see. ???

I will be riding the Mad(ras) Missile somewhere that day. ::)

You'll be running the sidecar?  Can't wait to see that.  Definately post up on the April 2 ride.  I went to the site, but the US is not even listed.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #1217 on: March 28, 2017, 10:02:59 pm
That date is coming up fast! I tore my engine apart again, then got busy with other things.  I should be ok if I can get time this weekend to reassemble. 

I am picking up a different sidecar rig today (big distraction). Wife couldn't clmb out of Cozy due to arthritis so I found a Triumph Scrambler with DMC car at Seattle Triumph / Royal Enfield. Very high quality rig, spacious and comfortable for wife hauling!

Still planing on getting out there if possible, rain or shine!

BTW Gesewa, new rig is a military green with pearl Scrambler color.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:10:20 pm by Narada »
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

bonnequixote

• Scooter
Reply #1218 on: March 28, 2017, 11:07:32 pm
Much obliged, Arizoni and The Old Coot!  Now that I've thoroughly checked out Hitchcock's inventory, new and old, I have to agree that it is the go-to goldmine until the US supplier gets things up and running again. 

You're right about the fly in the ointment, furthermore, as I quite literally just need a nut and maybe some oil filter elements just for hoarding purposes.  Seems that I'd get that package sooner than later if I could laden it up to 2kg though an international carrier like FEDEX but I don't have the need for extra parts or finances to bump up the weight. 

I recall CMW selling potatoes - does Hitchcock have ballast items like that?.  Does anyone have experience with small orders from Hitchcock in terms of transit time? 

Sitting on my hands over a fastener is driving me up the wall but the endless rain is helping with the itch!  ::)

Gesewa

• Scooter
Reply #1219 on: March 30, 2017, 04:04:53 pm
BTW Gesewa, new rig is a military green with pearl Scrambler color.

Nice.  Post up a picture when you get a chance in case I don't get to see it on Sunday.  You're going to have to build another garage...

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #1220 on: April 05, 2017, 10:19:49 pm
Much obliged, Arizoni and The Old Coot!  Now that I've thoroughly checked out Hitchcock's inventory, new and old, I have to agree that it is the go-to goldmine until the US supplier gets things up and running again. 

You're right about the fly in the ointment, furthermore, as I quite literally just need a nut and maybe some oil filter elements just for hoarding purposes.  Seems that I'd get that package sooner than later if I could laden it up to 2kg though an international carrier like FEDEX but I don't have the need for extra parts or finances to bump up the weight. 

I recall CMW selling potatoes - does Hitchcock have ballast items like that?.  Does anyone have experience with small orders from Hitchcock in terms of transit time? 

Sitting on my hands over a fastener is driving me up the wall but the endless rain is helping with the itch!  ::)

I have a lot of experience with orders from Hitchcocks both large and small. the larger orders go through ParcelForce in England and usually arrive within a week at the most to Seattle. Small orders, like gearbox cover gasket and kickstart shaft o-rings I just recieved yesterday go through the regular Royal mail and then USPS and take bit longer. that took about 2 1/2 weeks to get here.

Damon
2005 Royal Enfield Bullet 612 Continental
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor MK1
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan

solg

• Grease Monkey
  • /Users/solgualtieri/Desktop/165532_489778052839_61
Reply #1221 on: April 05, 2017, 10:48:08 pm
I have a lot of experience with orders from Hitchcocks both large and small. the larger orders go through ParcelForce in England and usually arrive within a week at the most to Seattle. Small orders, like gearbox cover gasket and kickstart shaft o-rings I just recieved yesterday go through the regular Royal mail and then USPS and take bit longer. that took about 2 1/2 weeks to get here.

Damon
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor MK1

I am from Chicago and this has been my experience as well.
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. FZ

bonnequixote

• Scooter
Reply #1222 on: April 07, 2017, 03:52:14 pm
Many thanks for the testimonials, Damon and solg!  Reckon I'll just practice a bit of patience.  After all, these wheels are already teaching me not to get anywhere in a hurry and relish in the so-called art and zen of maintenance.  ;D

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #1223 on: April 07, 2017, 11:27:06 pm
The only problem I have with Hitchcock's the same one I have with CMW...I end up spending a lot more than I want to. Like a kid in a candy store...I want that and one of those OH OH OH!!! I gotta get that too!   ;)
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #1224 on: April 24, 2017, 08:54:05 pm
So here we are the last week of April 2017. what are the plans for our annual May meet up at the Nickerson Street Saloon? I'm looking forward to it and getting to ride my Interceptor to it this year.
 Lets get this planned so we can get more people to come out!

Damon
2005 RE Bullet 612 Continental
1965 RE Interceptor
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1225 on: April 25, 2017, 05:26:59 pm
Last years event was on Saturday, May 21st. This year that Saturday falls on the 20th.

I would be all for that day regardless of weather, and hope for sun.

Whatever the date, the M.O.A.B.(Mother Of All Bullets) Madrass Missile will launch!  :o

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1226 on: April 26, 2017, 05:11:54 am
500KsGerry,
azcatfan
Ballroom dancer,
Bambi,
Bill Harris,
birdmove,
Blltrdr,
boobird,
broeschi,   
chanceyone,
curtisbelford,
darmst6829,
Dave (not a forum member yet)
Ducati Scotty,
Eamon,
EKThumper,
greenolive,
fvtenfanatic,
Gesewa,
Gromit42,
Hack,
High On Octane,
holodeck,
Ice
JaHoob
Jaythree,     
j-bone3000,
J.D.  (not a a forum member yet)
J.P.   (not a forum member yet )
jest2dogs,
jonapplegate,
Juggernaut,
jtnewby,
kodai,
Lady_Enfield,
Land O Aches
Lou ( not a forum member yet )
mikail gransee,
Mitch,
Narada
oldsalt,
pmanaz1973
prof_stack,
Pineapple Express (not a forum member)
Ron (not a forum member)
ranger800,
RE-curious,
rivers,
Sean  (not a a forum member yet )
SLOhound,
smills,
Stealthbomber,
stipa,
stoney1962,
sven trials,
teckhardt,
Teebo,
ThirteenBoxes, ( the quiet one )
the_ancient_mariner,
TinTin,
toddygirl,
trees,
wiekingderviking,   

Who are we missing ?

Narada, can you give me a hand contacting the peeps ? Maybe split the list in half with me please and thank you ?

Either the week end before or the weekend after Memorial day would work well.  I suggest we consult the Farmers Almanac for weather this far out to pin the date down.

No matter where you go, there, you are.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1227 on: April 26, 2017, 10:37:30 pm
Can do!

I'll pm the bottom 32. Anyone check that almanac yet?

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1228 on: April 27, 2017, 02:22:35 pm
32 members from the bottom up pm'ed. Wiekingderviking through Juggernaut.  If anyone would like to come who is not on the list, Please do, the more the merrier!  :)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1229 on: April 27, 2017, 02:28:52 pm
Old Farmers Almanac says...

"May 16-21: Sunny, turning hot."    :)

I would plan on it being a beautiful day.  8)