Author Topic: Washington State Bullet owners?  (Read 348661 times)

toddygirl

• Scooter
Reply #345 on: April 26, 2011, 06:18:53 pm
So...are we sticking with the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, May 28th?  It sounded like a good majority could make it then.  We could always meet later in the summer as well.   :)

Also, I'm planning on being at the Backfire spring opener (likely in the rain) tomorrow.  I hope I get to see some of you folks and your Enfields there!

-Amanda

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #346 on: April 26, 2011, 08:20:51 pm
I won't make Memorial Day but keep me posted if there is another meet up later in the summer.

Scott

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #347 on: April 27, 2011, 03:27:13 am
Maybe we can do a camp out this year at The Farm, Saturday, August 13th.  We can meet Saturday morning at The Farm, watch the Vintage Observed Trials, stay the night and Sunday, watch the Vintage Motocross.  

http://www.ahrma.org/Calendar.htm#trial

http://www.ahrma.org/Calendar.htm#vmx

Cheers,
Bill
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:44:18 am by Bill Harris »

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Reply #348 on: April 27, 2011, 05:06:10 pm
What is the usual time to start showing up? 

The Nick has great food and beer, but I not the type to be able to imbibe and go for a ride afterwards. 
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

toddygirl

• Scooter
Reply #349 on: April 27, 2011, 06:58:36 pm
Folks usually show up around noon and have lunch (and a beer or two if you wish). 

GreenOlive- if you are following this, will you warn Nickerson we are coming again?

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #350 on: April 27, 2011, 07:46:06 pm
 Based on replies here it looks like the consensus is Saturday, May 28th (memorial day week end )

No matter where you go, there, you are.

Gromit42

• Bulleteer
  • Ready to GO
Reply #351 on: April 27, 2011, 09:37:58 pm
Hey there!! Br. Ace and Br. Bill!!!

Yes, Nigel and I do plan on attending the festivities at Nick st. Will be good to see you again!!.

kim
Come to the Dark Side....We have cookies!

2006 RE Electra-sold
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100-Faster
1 cozy sidecar to match both-Priceless!

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #352 on: April 27, 2011, 10:44:52 pm
So...are we sticking with the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, May 28th?  It sounded like a good majority could make it then.  We could always meet later in the summer as well.   :)
Works for me!  I also second the notion of coming up with something later as well.

Also, I'm planning on being at the Backfire spring opener (likely in the rain) tomorrow.  I hope I get to see some of you folks and your Enfields there!

-Amanda
I was hoping to have my electric start to kickstart only conversion done in time for that, but the stud that fixes the outer primary chain case to the new kickstart only inner case is too damn short!!!  Arrrgghh!!!  Oh well, I'll see you at next month's Backfire!  In the meantime, I'd better get myself to a machine shop and get them to make me a longer bolt so I can ride this weekend.

Eamon
Eamon

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #353 on: April 28, 2011, 03:42:45 am
I'd better get myself to a machine shop and get them to make me a longer bolt so I can ride this weekend.

What do you need brother ?
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #354 on: April 28, 2011, 04:41:00 am
What do you need brother ?

The stud I have that fixes the inner primary chain case to the outer is too short.  Looks like it needs to be about 15mm longer.  It's an M10 x 1.0 pitch.  I'm going to just pop over to Tacoma Screw tomorrow and have them make me one.  The only 10mm die I have on hand is a 1.5 pitch thread - otherwise I'd just make it myself.  I'd be very surprised if Tacoma Screw can't fix me up.

By the way, if you're still interested in the spare sprag bits, I can bring them along to the Nickerson.  :)

Eamon
Eamon

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #355 on: April 28, 2011, 04:45:59 am
Maybe we can do a camp out this year at The Farm, Saturday, August 13th.  We can meet Saturday morning at The Farm, watch the Vintage Observed Trials, stay the night and Sunday, watch the Vintage Motocross.  

Bill, I am really hoping to make it this year.  It sound like a lot of fun.  I also seem to remember you posting a picture of Dick Mann there last year- pretty cool!

Eamon
Eamon

mikail gransee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #356 on: April 28, 2011, 11:11:13 pm
-Amanda

I have been hearing some stuff about down south of Seattle...by Boeing..place called Georgetown? Heard they have a vintage bike shop and a cool little place to eat...anyone been there...also heard about a place Called Cafe Race Exspresso/ any one been...sounds like a road trip is in order.... ;D

-"ONCE YOU STOP CONTRIBUTING, YOU BEGIN TO DIE",   -ELENOR ROOSEVELT

1999 Enfield Bullet
1977 Yamaha xs360 TD
1978 Yamaha xs 400 D
2005 Yamaha YZF 600R
2007 Honda CBR 1000RR

Anon

• Grand Gearhead
  • Good golly Miss Molly
Reply #357 on: April 28, 2011, 11:28:29 pm
I have been hearing some stuff about down south of Seattle...by Boeing..place called Georgetown? Heard they have a vintage bike shop and a cool little place to eat...anyone been there...also heard about a place Called Cafe Race Exspresso/ any one been...sounds like a road trip is in order.... ;D

A longtime pal of mine is the owner of Cafe Racer.  It's located on Roosevelt, just south of Ravenna (near the U-district).  It's definitely a bike friendly joint.  Smarty Pants in Gerogetown is cool as well - I actually like most places in Georgetown.

Eamon
Eamon

toddygirl

• Scooter
Reply #358 on: April 28, 2011, 11:55:04 pm
and...it's fun to go to Smarty Pants in Georgetown on Wednesday evenings because they show Moto GP races on a large screen.  Not that any of us will ever be going that fast on our REs...but it's still very awesome to watch others do it.  Cafe Racer has decent breakfasts until late in the day on the weekends too.

Lady_Enfield

• Scooter
  • Bluce
Reply #359 on: May 03, 2011, 02:13:13 am
Forgot to mention guess who is 2 miles away from the first oil change...????  <<<This Girl>>>>!!!   ;D
I am Multi-FUNctional!