Author Topic: Forum update  (Read 5883 times)

HitchcocksMotorcycles

• Administrator
  • Scooter
on: October 02, 2019, 04:03:06 pm
Hello,

Just to give everyone who uses this board a quick update on the position of the forum.

This forum contains a huge amount of useful content that Enfield Owners of all models and years can use, as well as many active users who contribute with valuable information. In recent times, it appears that there are few updates required and bugs looking at in order for the forum to continue to operate efficiently for the Enfield community. Due to this, we, at Hitchcocks Motorcycles have now taken over the board and will hopefully be able to make improvements for everyone using it. We do not plan to make any major changes to the platform or face of the forum, and primarily we would like to address any of the operating/running issues that might be present so users can continue to enjoy the board.

So, if anyone has any known problems with the forum that they face when viewing/posting, we would appreciate it if you could let us know by posting in the "forum improvements" section for us to look into. 

Another point I would like to mention is, new users may have had difficulties signing up and receiving the confirmation e-mail. This is an issue which was on going for some time, hopefully this has now been resolved and any new users wishing to join should be able to do so, and we would advise they try again now. If there is anyone out there still experiencing this "registering issue", please contact us directly via e-mail at: cmw@hitchcocksmotorcycles.com 

Regards,
Dan

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 07:39:11 pm
Thanks Dan. It's great to know the forum will continue to be in good hands. It's probably the most useful source of information and help out there for Enfield owners.
See you out there.
Cheers,  simon from south Australia.

PS Hitchcocks have excellent customer service. Well done.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 03:30:31 am
Great news!   Things can only get better!  Thanks.   HP

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 09:29:05 pm
And it's on GMT !

Spagforth

• Neophyte
Hi, I'm brand new to this forum, having just bought a 2014 535 Continental GT. Overall I like the bike but it has a nasty habit of stalling at tick over, usually at traffic lights and also on a feathered throttle when negotiating a bend.  It's very random and there's no real pattern but it is really annoying/dangerous.

I'm a competent bike mechanic having had bikes for over 50yrs and currently a number of British classics which j have rebuilt. It seems to be a common problem.  Would fitting a Power Commander cure this problem or am I missing something? I've checked all electrical and vacuum pipes and all seem in order. All advice gratefully received.
Thank you Spagforth
T120 1961 Boneville
BSA A7 SHOOTING STAR 1956
Other stuff.

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK

T120 1961 Boneville
BSA A7 SHOOTING STAR 1956
Other stuff.
No Whippet?
Welcome to the forum, but you would get a better response if you posted your query in the 535 GT section.
I don't have a GT so cannot really advise you.
Frank

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 10:43:04 pm
My Bullet does that when it is lukewarm.  It idles fine when completely warmed up. When not fully warm I do the Harley-thing with the throttle if it feels like the idle is slowing down while at a stop light.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 10:48:16 pm
I am posting from my iPad!!! No drama!
  Things get simple when the right people show up.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Moreirdan

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 09:40:29 pm
I had no idea you nice guys at Hitchcocks had taken over the forum, thank you, I find it a useful resource and it was a great credit to the Classic Motorworks people.
Triumph Tiger 2010
Royal Enfield Himalayan 2018
Royal Enfield AVL 2009
Royal Enfield Continental GT 2014
Triumph Bonneville 2006

Charro

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 12:25:44 am
Sounds like we're  in good hands.

Thank you,
Andy
2014 Royal Enfield C5
2004 Triumph Sprint RS
2004 Triumph Speed Four
2001 Triumph Bonneville
2006 Triumph Scrambler
1998 Triumph Speed Triple
1998 Triumph Daytona
2012 Ural Gear Up
"Tell me what kind of horse you want to ride. I'll tell you what kind of rider you are." (Old Mexican proverb)