Author Topic: YouTube suggestions?  (Read 86379 times)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #105 on: December 03, 2020, 05:07:09 pm
https://youtu.be/Bk4RND5AbRc

...a 4 stroke engine anyone can make at home. What a carburettor, wow.  Quite modern design with over head cam too.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #106 on: December 04, 2020, 02:05:09 pm
https://youtu.be/Bk4RND5AbRc

...a 4 stroke engine anyone can make at home. What a carburettor, wow.  Quite modern design with over head cam too.

Thanks for the tip! That was AMAZING!
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #107 on: December 04, 2020, 04:01:27 pm
Thanks for the tip! That was AMAZING!

;D

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #108 on: December 05, 2020, 04:38:12 am
I've seen a few of his project videos. Creative fella. That camshaft was amazing. He did one a while ago where he converted a honda 90cc scooter engine (I think) to run as a 2 stroke. And lots of compressor based engines.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #109 on: December 05, 2020, 12:17:18 pm
Some of you guys probably remember when this was current affairs  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6CLumsir34
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #110 on: December 05, 2020, 02:05:54 pm
Some of you guys probably remember when this was current affairs  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6CLumsir34

Yes, I remember this like it was yesterday. I L-ed My F-ing A off then and did the same when I saw the video again.

By '70 I knew a "little bit" about explosives and physics & remember saying at the time "They'll need a shitload of Nobel's Best to make a dent in that whale"! And that's what happened. And they saw that most of it was still there (and there and over there and up there) once they got the blood out of their eyes :D :D

Ya' know what I've gotten hooked on in the past year? It's watching videos of Indian people "doing stuff" and fabricating stuff. It is endlessly fascinating to watch, for example, their sheet metal shops. And all sitting on the floor in flipflops or NO shoes. Or casting. They do amazing things in primitive ways that still work. It is endlessly fascinating and impressive to me seeing how this huge over-populated insane country works. This isn't new for me it's just become so much MORE since that there interweb came along, dontchanoe?  :) :).   

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #111 on: December 05, 2020, 02:16:48 pm
           Yes, I remember this like it was yesterday. I L-ed My F-ing A off then and did the same when I saw the video again.

By '70 I knew a "little bit" about explosives and physics & remember saying at the time "They'll need a shitload of Nobel's Best to make a dent in that whale"! And that's what happened. And they saw that most of it was still there (and there and over there and up there) once they got the blood out of their eyes :D :D

Ya' know what I've gotten hooked on in the past year? It's watching videos of Indian people "doing stuff" and fabricating stuff. It is endlessly fascinating to watch, for example, their sheet metal shops. And all sitting on the floor in flipflops or NO shoes. Or casting. They do amazing things in primitive ways that still work. It is endlessly fascinating and impressive to me seeing how this huge over-populated insane country works. This isn't new for me it's just become so much MORE since that there interweb came along, dontchanoe?  :) :).   

I know what you mean. I watched one a while ago was a Nepalese family who make Kukris for a living. They have this forge that's pretty much a hole in the ground, some kind of hand powered blower and some really basic tools. They turn out some pretty sweet choppers from old truck springs. And that Indian guy who cast a motorbike engine case...
46 Works is worth a look if you just want to watch a guy make stuff without the histrionics you get from those dopey chopper shows.

What I'm really liking the last year or so is the hobby machinists. This Old Tony, Blondie Hacks, Clickspring. I've learned a lot from them.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 02:24:27 pm by gizzo »
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #112 on: December 05, 2020, 04:00:58 pm
I got hooked on  Justin Guitar lessons. He's very engaging and encouraging . Three months of two sessions daily so far. I never thought I could do this but I got bored watching others do stuff.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 04:08:15 pm by Stanley »
Lurker on a Vespa

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #113 on: December 05, 2020, 07:55:20 pm
I never thought I could do this but I got bored watching others do stuff.

Amen to that. I've learned how to do so much. Making things I never knew was possible. I think I'll draw the line at mains power wiring though. Just to be on the safe side.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #114 on: December 15, 2020, 04:44:53 am
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 04:52:41 am by GlennF »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #115 on: December 15, 2020, 09:17:58 am
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #116 on: December 17, 2020, 11:55:39 pm
The future of motorcycling, 100% safe. Best RE tuner at 5:20, fastest Bullet ever.  ;D

https://youtu.be/WNAyPTpbdPQ

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #117 on: December 18, 2020, 06:51:19 am
Some really gnarly dirt action beginning at 7:20 or so. Who knew 4" of travel & street geometry were so compliant off road! That Yezdi-Enfield motor really puts out some serious DIN ponies, eh? I seldom see 235 KPH on my old beast...where can I get that tuner?  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 06:56:57 am by AzCal Retred »
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #118 on: December 18, 2020, 11:02:16 am
Some really gnarly dirt action beginning at 7:20 or so. Who knew 4" of travel & street geometry were so compliant off road! That Yezdi-Enfield motor really puts out some serious DIN ponies, eh? I seldom see 235 KPH on my old beast...where can I get that tuner?  ;D ;D ;D

Definitely beyond my capabilities, I prefer the real world experience of motorcycling. You may find that tuner somewhere at the Rockstar North company that creates those virtual worlds.

Math without underlying physics, that's what you get, another drug to be consumed. Than put those kiddies with those experiences and expectations into a r&d firm that designs motorcycles I guess.  ;D

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #119 on: December 18, 2020, 05:59:37 pm
Riding like that would most assuredly result in a lot of blood & bandages, and probably a coffin too in our world. That 1/2 mile leaping lunge up off the mountain really made my back twinge in sympathy... :o  Evel Knievel with no braces & plaster. I believe we see a few of those gamer heroes challenging reality on our local twisty roads every weekend - Bwaaah - bwaaah - "THUD" - Aieeeeghh!  owie owie owie .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evel_Knievel