Author Topic: good Himalayan BS4 reviews by Noraly ("Itchy Boots")  (Read 41919 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #30 on: July 16, 2019, 11:56:26 am
You "Dirty Old Man".  ;D

From what I've seen of Noraly she would be the first to laugh about someone misspelling her name and I know she wouldn't consider it to be an insult.

She's a full of life, full of adventure sort of girl who would totally understand why someone in the US could miss-spell her name and she would not think another thought about it.

Well, since we've slipped into grammar and spelling mode here, there you go misspelling misspell. When will it ever end?  :) :) :) :) :)

BTW - did you catch that incredibly overloaded truck that we caught a glimpse of twice in (I think) Episode 105?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:01:21 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: July 16, 2019, 01:52:23 pm
      Well, since we've slipped into grammar and spelling mode here, there you go misspelling misspell. When will it ever end?  :) :) :) :) :)

BTW - did you catch that incredibly overloaded truck that we caught a glimpse of twice in (I think) Episode 105?

I noticed that truck and wondered how the people loading it ever got all of those sacks of whatever stacked like that so that they could be tied down without falling over.  I bet U.S. Teamsters couldn't do that.   ;)

Regarding names: I have always been a little irritated that I named my daughter "Terri" when she was born. Then she went to court when she was in her 20's and legally changed her name to "Teri".  And I didn't find out about it until 25 years later.  ???
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 12:45:07 am
Speaking of the thumbs down in Noraly's YouTube shows did you watch all 1 1/2 hours of her latest on line talk show?

She mentioned that somehow one of her YouTube's got on some sort of "hate forum" and she received a rash of hateful comments like some turds that said they wanted her to be raped. 
How's that for being really shitty?   >:( >:( >:(

I'd gladly take those SOB's and hang them by their testicles and walk off leaving them hanging there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:47:32 am by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #33 on: July 17, 2019, 08:26:57 am
Yes, I watched that, and like you am appalled at these low-lifes leaving hateful messages.
She comes across as a really pleasant, fun loving  young lady, I cannot see anything anyone could hate about her.

Frank

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: July 17, 2019, 12:36:34 pm
Speaking of the thumbs down in Noraly's YouTube shows did you watch all 1 1/2 hours of her latest on line talk show?

She mentioned that somehow one of her YouTube's got on some sort of "hate forum" and she received a rash of hateful comments like some turds that said they wanted her to be raped. 
How's that for being really shitty?   >:( >:( >:(

I'd gladly take those SOB's and hang them by their testicles and walk off leaving them hanging there.

I felt so bad for her and was so fucking angry yesterday that I was afraid to comment and maybe "get started" and be sorry later. It's sort of a once you draw the sword, you must cut something situation.

Suffice it to say, they are angry, frustrated, jealous ignorant scum and they pollute every subject and every policy and every agency now and they slowly and steadily influence more and more of the same kinds of malleable minds and it starts long before even kindergarten now. You can be attacked and "anything" can be done to you now or said about you for wearing the wrong (according to them) fucking T-shirt or hat.

Luckily 99% of them are fucking cowards and Noraly will continue her trip safely BUT it could be SO easy for these creeps to plan something.

'Nuff sed.

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: July 17, 2019, 07:27:52 pm
Well I started to watch it but not live. I've not got through the first live 2 parter and I'm only a couple of eps from her current offering.

All I want to know is what currency do I choose for the fuel donation?

I'm not putting a comment on a random video to get lost with all the others.

I'll have to add that as I watch on the TV, There's no option for a thumbs up and I'm not going through them all now.

It would appear that Noraly has won the hearts and minds of this forum though :)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 09:25:22 pm

All I want to know is what currency do I choose for the fuel donation?

I'll have to add that as I watch on the TV, There's no option for a thumbs up and I'm not going through them all now.

It would appear that Noraly has won the hearts and minds of this forum though :)

To donate you have to go to her website. There is a link to it on Youtube right below the video frame.

Follow the prompts to DONATE and Paypal does the rest. If you don't do Paypal I don't know what to tell you.

You must be SIGNED IN to Youtube to be able to register your LIKE vote which requires that you register. She is one of only Two reasons I got a Youtube account.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:28:59 pm by tooseevee »

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 08:10:15 am
Noraly's website:
https://www.itchyboots.com/
I donated via Paypal from here.

Frank

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: July 18, 2019, 08:41:08 pm
Bless you chaps. I am aware of both your suggestions :)

It was that when it came to choose the currency in which to donate in I thought ah. Now what. The default was USD and she is obviously not there :)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: July 18, 2019, 11:22:25 pm
Bless you chaps. I am aware of both your suggestions :)

It was that when it came to choose the currency in which to donate in I thought ah. Now what. The default was USD and she is obviously not there :)

All I did was type in that I wanted to give her $30. Paypal converted it to what it needs to to deposit in her account. Paypal charged me the difference in the currency value and, I presume, just entered a number into her account. My total was $31.68.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:28:05 pm by tooseevee »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: July 22, 2019, 03:27:17 pm
Episode 108 is one of the more interesting Itchy Boots videos yet. It shows her riding around and exploring the area surrounding Cappadocia, Turkey. It starts out with her watching many hot air balloons rise in the morning and ends with a visit to an underground city carved out of the ground. And unfortunately, the "haters" didn't waste any time giving her 47 dislikes. >:(  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdm463II7U

2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #41 on: July 22, 2019, 05:46:17 pm
47 dislikes out of almost 73,000 views isn't bad... statistically insignificant, in my opinion,  therefore I'm going to call it no dislikes...  ;D

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: July 22, 2019, 06:17:31 pm
Episode 108 is one of the more interesting Itchy Boots videos yet. It shows her riding around and exploring the area surrounding Cappadocia, Turkey. It starts out with her watching many hot air balloons rise in the morning and ends with a visit to an underground city carved out of the ground. And unfortunately, the "haters" didn't waste any time giving her 47 dislikes. >:(  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdm463II7U

I meant to comment on the Cappadocia episode yesterday and didn't get a round tuit.

It was better than any of the stock "travelogue" type coverages you see on cable TV nowadays and PBS and Smithsonian are useless now. Nothing but reruns. Over and over and over and over. A lot of stuff I saw 10 years ago. Since the Create Channel took over, PBS has turned  to crap. Even This Old House (who remembers Bob Vila?) is formula now.

You could just see the wonderment in her eyes and hear it in her voice watching the balloons. They look like multi-colored fireflies. I remember years ago there were a dozen balloons. Now hundreds of ballon people are making thousands of dollars a day and you can bet  the Cappadocian people aren't getting any of it. It's the government.

And I agree with her about not paying the price. But what a wondrous place it is!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:21:17 pm by tooseevee »

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #43 on: July 24, 2019, 01:18:58 am
Noraly's videos are always fun to watch.  In fact, although I've watched it a couple of times before, I just clicked on the link and watched it again. :)

I think one of my favorite incidents was shown several episodes back when she stopped out in the middle of no where to talk to the two old men.  They offered her some vodka.
I can't help but think those two old guys will spend the rest of their lives with a big smile on their faces while they are thinking back to the day an angel rode up and shared a few moments with them just because they were there.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: July 27, 2019, 02:17:37 pm
Well she certainly is a much better rider than I am and she speaks English very well and also seems to be able to communicate well enough in other languages. 

Plus, that poor Himalayan takes a beating and keeps on ticking.  I assume that we all are very impressed with its performance and durability in the rough, at high elevations and in the hot and cold weather that she has been experiencing while riding in the middle-east.

If only RE would have made that engine as a 650cc single.  :)

+++ to everything you say. She is marvelous.

But how much more would it weigh if it was a 650?