Author Topic: Another GT aiming at the Ton  (Read 3281 times)

thefastelephant

• Scooter
  • Keep it simple.
Reply #30 on: May 06, 2023, 02:13:57 pm
Yes but available separately as in the listing above.

Got it, thanks Gizzo :)
Has a thing for adventure motorcycles. Stable currently includes:
- RE Continental GT 535 [2016]
- RE Himalayan Carb [2017]

thefastelephant

• Scooter
  • Keep it simple.
Reply #31 on: May 06, 2023, 02:59:04 pm
UPDATE #6

Got laser-cut shims off a 1mm Aluminium Sheet. On installing its like they're not even there. Solved the compression loss issue from the exhaust valve.

Now, I installed everything and am running the stock ECU (note mine's a India mapped part, export models have a different map), not a Powertronic.

To anyone wondering what the stock bike is capable of with the mods that aren't too expensive and easily do-able, here's what is my experience:

The stock bike with an added FF Muffler and Air Filter was maximum capable of 120 km/hr with relative ease and 135 km/hr after a long hard throttle push at full tuck in.

After the Head Port Job, Squish Band and Valve Pockets Cut, Shortened Pushrods, it pulls hard. Am taking hard enough to know you need to grab the brakes sooner than earlier to drop speed.

After engine assembly, rode the bike straight for 100 kms on my way to my hometown since is weekend time. Here's the fun part. On incline sections, unlike previous rides on the stock motor, the bike seemed to really lack power to pull my heavy weight up. Especially getting to 100 km/hr seemed like a task. However today, the bike was over-enthusiastic to go beyond 100 km/hr.

So much so, I found myself reaching for the brakes more often. Certainly need to get used to the power delivery now. Also, the bike develops torque well. Very predictable. Also revs climb faster.

Looking forward to see what H's Cams and Valves do. That's a year away now for me. Savings begin. Meanwhile rides and upkeep of 2 motorcycles will keep me busy.

Thanks for the inputs again people.

P.S.: Managed to hit "ALMOST" 150 km/hr on the cluster today, thrice. And without too much stress or pushing. It just touches that and starts to run out of breath. Almost like there's veryyyy low fuel in the tank.
Has a thing for adventure motorcycles. Stable currently includes:
- RE Continental GT 535 [2016]
- RE Himalayan Carb [2017]