Author Topic: Meteor 350 - Changing to Performance Air Filter and Red Rooster Exhaust  (Read 2328 times)

abubakarbhat

• Scooter
Hello everyone,

I am about to receive my Meteor 350 and am planning on replacing the OEM Air Filter and Exhaust.
I have had experience with replacing the stock exhaust on a classic 350 a decade ago and absolutely loved it.

however, I want to know about the Do's and Dont's when it comes to changing the above mentioned components and if other components will also need changing in order for the Meteor350 to be completely compatible with the modifications as its a new type of engine.

i would love your inputs on the same.

bthtony55?

• Scooter
If the bike is new how does this effect your warranty ?. Maybe check first.

abubakarbhat

• Scooter
im not worried about the warranty.

i want to know more about mods needed to make the bike fully compatible with a K&N/BMC air filter and the free flow Red Rooster Performance exhaust.

Zajeb

• Scooter
Pardon me for asking, but where did you get the exhaust from? where do you guys normally order stuff from?
Meteor 350 Fireball Red

abubakarbhat

• Scooter
havent yet ordered.

you can get it from LRL motors.

MMRanch

• Grease Monkey
  • Evil wins if Good Men only do Nothing !
abubakarbhat

I've got near 7000 miles on my 350J Meteor now and it just now getting loosened up good.
It would seem to be a good idea if you waited about putting "Performance Parts" on till you  at least get it past the 2,000 mile break-in period .   After seeing how much better it gets by then you might not even want those extra parts ?   
Tell me about the exaust system , I put the air intake system on about time it had 4000 miles on it.   
 ;)

I'm running 0w40 Mobil One for the cold months and the motor feels more free than pumping the molasses's through the oil holes.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 05:06:12 am by MMRanch »
Lynchburg Tn.
have had to many to list them all but now only two
RE Meteor22 SBlue
RE Super Meteor Astral Blue

abubakarbhat

• Scooter
yes even im planning on changing the Air filter and exhaust system after around a similar distance is covered by my motorcycle.

air filters work best when you also have a free flow exhaust.

Red rooster performance exhaust is certainly the best exhaust system in the market. Not only for the sound, but also in terms of the performance and mileage.

but you should also do research from your side before equipping any mods on machine.

also, if warranty matter for you, then you should look to stick with the OEM's

scooter85

• Scooter
fuelx lite would be a good idea. more air and free flowing exhaust will need more fuel. I have the dna filter and cover and fuelx lite and the red rooster exhaust with cat delete laying on my workbench to install. i just haven't been to motivated when it's cold.

Curious wanderer

• Bulleteer
  • South Devon UK
To be fair, if you really must go faster, surely the best option is to trade in for something that actually is faster….😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Deepest dark South Devon, UK

Royal T

• Scooter
To be fair, if you really must go faster, surely the best option is to trade in for something that actually is faster….😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Exactly

Leofric

• Grand Gearhead
  • UK
Exactly also. You are never going to get that much speed out of the RE 350. Even with all the RE aftermarket modifications I reckon a basic Honda CB500 would be faster.

michiel

• Bulleteer
  • Meteor 2021, Germany, Hamburg
That is not an argument. If I want to ride a Meteor, I won't buy another motorbike.
It's always the same argument, then you have to buy another motorbike. NO.
But it must also be allowed to get the most out of your motorbike. After all, the engine was throttled on purpose. And for no apparent reason. If the reports are to be believed, the speed limit was omitted from the 2023 models.

Royal T

• Scooter
I went from a Triumph 1200 to the RE350 and there is a massive difference in power but I didn't miss it once I'd got used it.  Only mods I would do would be to let the engine breathe better, but for trying to get a few more mph out of it I don't see the point the 350 is what it is and I like it.

3oro

• Anteater
  • Bulleteer
The motorcycle simply does not have enough power for faster driving. Optimum in fourth gear 100kmh, then shift to fifth and drive constantly 80-90.
Downhill, the maximum speed of a motorcycle in fifth gear is 120 km/h, it is probably 110 or 115 km/h according to GPS.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 09:48:45 am by 3oro »
Lexmoto Tempest 125
RE Classic 350

michiel

• Bulleteer
  • Meteor 2021, Germany, Hamburg
Just remove the artificial throttling. I don't need more power.