Author Topic: 450 Himalayan  (Read 20290 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
on: December 02, 2022, 07:14:03 am
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/auto/bikes/bigger-royal-enfield-himalayan-650-adv-what-to-expect/articleshow/95848025.cms
Nov 29, 2022

...But if such a motorcycle is soon coming, it will be quite a wait before the 650 Himalayan makes an appearance and an unveiling can be expected no sooner than the end of 2024 or 2025. Until then, Royal Enfield has an all-new engine to introduce with the Himalayan 450, which is expected to launch sometime sometime in early 2023.

Considering it's a new engine, it will most likely spawn other forms beyond the adventure tourer, perhaps a roadster called Hunter 450 and more. Royal Enfield's entry in the 450cc segment and the fact that CS Santosh is now with Enfield, the brand foray into the Dakar Rally also appears imminent. There are some very exciting times ahead for Royal Enfield and its fans indeed!

A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 07:06:00 pm by AzCal Retred »
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 07:17:15 am
https://www.rushlane.com/upcoming-royal-enfield-350cc-450cc-650cc-motorcycles-launch-plans-leak-12454365.html

Royal Enfield will be introducing multiple new bikes based on its J-series, new 450cc and 650 twins’ platforms

Royal Enfield upcoming 450cc bikes To remove limitations reported with current Himalayan, Royal Enfield has developed a new 450cc platform. Himalayan 450 is expected to be the first bike based on the new 450cc platform. It will have a liquid-cooled motor. Test mules of 450cc Himalayan have already been spotted, indicating possible launch next year. A more off-road focused variant is also under development, based on the new 450cc platform. This bike will be similar to rally bikes, with features such as long suspension travel, wire-spoke wheels, higher ground clearance, rugged engine guard and single-piece seat. Other bikes based on the new 450cc platform include a cafe racer and scrambler. The former gets features such as bikini fairing, alloy wheels and clip-ons whereas the scrambler will be distinguishable with features such as wire-spoke wheels and high-mount exhaust.

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 08:55:03 am
Flickable cafe racer single sounds damn good to me :)
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 02:24:20 am
https://www.indiatimes.com/auto/current/royal-enfield-2023-new-motorcycles-586793.html

From Shotgun 650 To Himalayan 450: Here Are The Upcoming Royal Enfield Motorcycles

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 02:01:43 am
https://gaadiwaadi.com/royal-enfields-first-450-cc-bike-to-launch-next-year-all-details/

Royal Enfield’s First 450 CC Bike To Launch Next Year – All Details: December 13, 2022

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 is expected to go on sale in the second half of next year to take on KTM 390 Adventure Royal Enfield has been caught testing a dual-purpose adventure touring machine based on a brand new platform for months now and it will likely become the first 450 cc motorcycle to launch in India sometime next year. With the growing popularity of the adv space, Royal Enfield is expected to take advantage of the situation by offering a brand new model. It could be christened the Himalayan 450 judging by the good reception for the Himalayan nameplate. We do believe it to compete directly against the likes of KTM 390 Adventure. The Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 has been spied in both India and the United Kingdom and it will reportedly be powered by a new 450 cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: December 15, 2022, 06:12:29 pm
Liquid-cooled Royal Enfield 450 Single Spied
DOHC engine in modern roadster seen testing.
By Ben Purvis
December 14, 2022

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/royal-enfield-450-liquid-cooled-single-spy-shots/

The bike you see here, was spotted in Spain near the Idiada test facility south of Barcelona, which is a huge testing ground for cars and motorcycles that has long been favored by brands such as Triumph and KTM for its year-round good weather. With many of Royal Enfields’ staff at its UK-based R&D facility having history at Triumph’s factory, situated just a few minutes’ drive away, perhaps it should be no surprise that the company is using the same proving grounds. With no branding or logos, you probably wouldn’t guess that the machine was a Royal Enfield. First, there’s no old-fashioned air-cooled engine, and the styling isn’t overtly retro. It’s a straightforward roadster-style machine with a midsized, modern single-cylinder engine that could as easily be a Japanese or Italian model as one that’s set to be manufactured in India.

It is a Royal Enfield, however, and we understand that the new engine has a capacity of around 450cc. The same motor was spotted earlier this year in England, when Royal Enfield was caught evaluating its next-generation Himalayan adventure bike, which will also use it. In this instance, the more standard style of the bike it’s fitted to, has sparked suggestions that it’s the replacement for the Himalayan-based Scram 411. Although the use of 17-inch alloy wheels instead of 19-inch front / 17-inch rear wirespoke units of the Scram 411 eliminates any lingering “scrambler” elements, so a different name might make more sense. Royal Enfield has a hoard of unused trademarks including Constellation, Flea, Flying Flea, Sherpa, Roadster and Shotgun (given the standard look of this bike, the simple “Roadster” might suit it).

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 12:02:11 am
if i scrunch up my eyes real tight, i think i ca see a vague resemblance.

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #8 on: December 21, 2022, 07:41:29 pm
Those that have one… Do you think is worth it waiting for the new one?

Besides a bump on displacement, liquid cooled, 6-speed tranny... what else is new?

I sure hope there is no added weight penalty with the improvements…. Current bike is heavy enough as is….

Or should I pick up a 2022?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 08:12:24 pm by wachuko »
Ride safe!
Wachuko
‘21 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
'19 BMW F 850 GS Adventure - Gone... Planning for a 2023/22 Himalayan next...

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 04:34:20 am
No valid ETA on the 450. Hitchcock's already have a 460 kit. Probably the new LC450 will be $1K more than the AC411. If you are good with waiting another year for the LC, then wait. It's supposed to be a lot like the 370 KTM, about 35-40 HP, 375 pounds or less.

OR - get an older carby Himalayan & add the big bore kit, go riding right now. Tax time is coming up, always a good time to acquire new hardware on the cheap.

Andy C

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: December 22, 2022, 02:32:50 pm
So are we going to see lots of cheap 410 Himalayans on the market when these bikes get released, or is it going to be like other bikes where there is a "cult" following of a particular model.

Cant see me partiing with my 410 - it does everything I ask of it.

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: December 22, 2022, 08:26:39 pm
i see the 410 himmy as a niche machine, the 450 is an attempt to compete in the bigger market with UJMs and other water-cooled bikes. i wish it success. would it be nice to have more power? you betcha. will i buy the 450? probably not, i'm more likely to hunt up something from the '70s. ok, boomer.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: December 23, 2022, 02:42:00 am
https://www.cartoq.com/royal-enfield-himalayan-new-roadster-to-get-450cc-liquid-cooled-dohc-engine/
Royal Enfield Himalayan & new Roadster to get 450cc, liquid cooled DOHC engine: December 17, 2022
Suspension duties on this new RE 450cc Roadster will be fulfilled by the standard telescopic front suspension and in the rear instead of the Hunter 350’s dual shock absorbers, this motorbike will come with a monoshock rear suspension unit. Reportedly its 17-inch alloy wheels will come wrapped with CEAT tyres and distinctively designed cast alloy rims. The new 450cc naked bike will get dual-channel ABS and front and rear disc brakes as part of the safety and braking equipment.
Reports suggest that most of the bike is in production form ready but it is still missing some odd bits that need finishing before it makes its debut. The bike will come equipped with an LED lighting system in which the headlamp will have a horizontal split between the top and bottom portions. It will be surrounded by LED turn signals that appear similar to the Himalayan’s prototype vehicle. It will also get an LED taillamp as well. The bulbous end-can exhaust system on this mule looks exactly like the one on the brands most affordable motorcycle the Hunter 350. The exhaust will come wrapped with heat shields and a feature a catalytic converter as well.

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #13 on: December 23, 2022, 03:19:49 pm
No valid ETA on the 450. Hitchcock's already have a 460 kit. Probably the new LC450 will be $1K more than the AC411. If you are good with waiting another year for the LC, then wait. It's supposed to be a lot like the 370 KTM, about 35-40 HP, 375 pounds or less.

OR - get an older carby Himalayan & add the big bore kit, go riding right now. Tax time is coming up, always a good time to acquire new hardware on the cheap.

A few friends are looking into getting a Himalayan to have fun going off-road... maybe I can wait and then decide... or if a second hand, at a great price, shows up, I might just pull the trigger...

I got rid of my adventure bike and really like the looks and capabilities of the Himalayan... for the price it can't be beat.

Ride safe!
Wachuko

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #14 on: December 23, 2022, 04:28:48 pm
Hahahahaha... my friends have started to apply peer pressure... One bought this one just now:

Ride safe!
Wachuko