Author Topic: Royal Enfield Black Premium Touring Dual Seat Stitching  (Read 2397 times)

James.

• Grand Gearhead
  • Independent.
Reply #15 on: September 22, 2022, 07:13:36 pm
The dual premium touring seat, the one with red stitching, is very comfortable. I just did a two day 900km ride with no issues, seat-wise.
Is the seat height higher?
Freedom.

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 07:22:16 pm
I really don’t remember. I ordered it and had it before my GT got to the dealer and I swapped it as soon as I got home with the bike.
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

Mort

• Only Mostly Dead
  • Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Interceptor 650
Reply #17 on: September 22, 2022, 10:22:22 pm

Nope. Only the Interceptor one is taller.

napkinsketcher

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: September 23, 2022, 02:25:23 am
The dual premium touring seat, the one with red stitching, is very comfortable. I just did a two day 900km ride with no issues, seat-wise.

Yep, that’s all I was getting at! Thanks Jess

fireypete

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: September 24, 2022, 11:55:10 am
Any thoughts on the “new” style with the ribbed stitching? It ties in with the the retro theme, what’s your opinion?  I don’t mind the standard seat, but 1 that is higher would be good. Bit more leg room. And I guess if it’s more
Comfortable that’s a bonus too!

Mort

• Only Mostly Dead
  • Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Interceptor 650
Reply #20 on: September 24, 2022, 12:38:06 pm
Any thoughts on the “new” style with the ribbed stitching? It ties in with the the retro theme, what’s your opinion?  I don’t mind the standard seat, but 1 that is higher would be good. Bit more leg room. And I guess if it’s more

Very comfortable for long rides. I prefer the Conti one for mountain trips where I’m shifting in the saddle a lot, though. The Interceptor premium seat can be a bit too soft in those circumstances.

James.

• Grand Gearhead
  • Independent.
Reply #21 on: September 24, 2022, 12:53:20 pm
Nope. Only the Interceptor one is taller.
Do you mean the same touring seat is higher on the interceptor? I like to be able to "flat foot" on my motorcycle.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 12:58:34 pm by James. »
Freedom.

CPJS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: September 24, 2022, 01:01:45 pm
Comfortable is subjective, yes there is a lot more padding and you most definately sit higher giving a more open knee bend.
However, the bars are now effectively 1"lower tilting you forwards and putting some more weight on your wrists.
I am keeping my seat for two up trips.
Current bikes.
R E GT650
BMW R1200GS
KTM 250 EXC-F
BSA B25SS

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Mort

• Only Mostly Dead
  • Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Interceptor 650
Reply #23 on: September 24, 2022, 03:11:37 pm
Do you mean the same touring seat is higher on the interceptor? I like to be able to "flat foot" on my motorcycle.

No, there are both Continental GT and Interceptor ‘touring’ seats. The Interceptor one is styled kind of like the stock seat but is taller.

James.

• Grand Gearhead
  • Independent.
Reply #24 on: September 24, 2022, 05:21:51 pm
No, there are both Continental GT and Interceptor ‘touring’ seats. The Interceptor one is styled kind of like the stock seat but is taller.
The touring seats I am looking at are the same seat advertised to fit both Interceptor and continental like the one on this original post.
Freedom.

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: September 24, 2022, 05:51:24 pm
The touring seats I am looking at are the same seat advertised to fit both Interceptor and continental like the one on this original post.
Seat pan is identical between Interceptor & GT.
 So they fit either bike.
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

fireypete

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: September 25, 2022, 12:03:40 pm
Thanks for the info and pictures. Didn’t consider the extra lean forward, would like anymore than I already have with the stock setup!

napkinsketcher

• Bulleteer
Reply #27 on: November 28, 2022, 07:06:11 am
It’s pretty unobtrusive in place, but if you really wanted to black it out then use some fabric dye, let it dry , then spend a couple days wetting it down and blotting it.

The fabric dye marker only worked for a few days (I gave it 48 hours to dry first). Eventually, all the black rubbed out and the threads near my legs are red again.

Does fabric ink eventually stay with enough reapplication?

Also, I must say this seat feels amazing!

I just wish it looked as classy as the original with the ribs and the texture which complement the tank. There's something so pedestrian about a blank matte saddle on a bike like this, but that's just my taste. I might add straps to get that look back.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 07:10:24 am by napkinsketcher »