Author Topic: Continental Conti RoadAttack 4 tire review  (Read 652 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 17, 2022, 10:53:57 pm
Continental has introduced their new (and likely more expensive than the 3 model) Conti RoadAttack 4 tire} to hit the market in 2023. Here is a review of the tire by Motorcycle.com: https://www.motorcycle.com/products/mo-tested-continental-conti-roadattack-4-review-first-ride

It looks like this new tire will fit a wide range of bikes, maybe even the RE 650 twin.  ???
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 12:47:18 am
Originally they were due for release in January 2022 .  Seems like there has been quite the delay getting them to market.

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 07:31:00 am
Conti's are nice but very pricey. I've used their dualsport tires but I ended up just as happy with a set of Shinko's at about half the price and nearly the same mileage. If I still owned a sport bike and rode at 10 / 10's then I'd give the Attack 4 a try. Those days for me me are probably done. ;)

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 02:05:18 pm
Buying cheap tires is a false economy.
 They are arguably 2 of the most important parts on the bike.
 I think
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 07:25:20 pm
Buying cheap tires is a false economy.
 They are arguably 2 of the most important parts on the bike.
 I think

And paying too much money for something makes no sense to me. I shied away from Shinko's for long time perceiving them to be poor quality, I'd buy Dunlop, or other major brands. I decided to try a set of Shinko's on of all things my 1200 Suzuki Bandit cafe racer, by the time I was done building the motor and suspension that f**cker flat out ripped and cornered like it was on rails. The Shinko's gave nothing away to the Dunlop's or Metzler's I normally ran and I walked away impressed. The cafe bike is gone but for the last three years my Harley Softail and my BMW GSA have been exclusively On Shinko's. When something works well why pay more?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 07:30:40 pm by Karl Childers »