Author Topic: Bar ends are on the Scram  (Read 1184 times)

cwmoss

• Scooter
on: November 06, 2022, 08:12:30 pm
Just finished installing factory Royal Enfield bar end mirrors to my new Scram. The mirrors I used were the ones I took off of my Int650 when I traded it in on the Scram. I had to turn down the bar end weights that cam on the Scram. Be advised, when trying to remove any end caps or weights from any Royal Endield, be it the Meteor, Classic 350 or the 650's, you will probably need to heat them to get the loctite to release. I had to turn the weights down to about 1.100 inch, so the factory mirrors could be mounted.

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 08:11:22 pm
Looks great. When you removed the weights do you recall how much beyond the end of the bar grips the OEM metal work extended?

Currently considering one of the 350 models or the Scram but for the Scram I’d need to reduce the bar width to get the bike down an alley to secure parking.
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

cwmoss

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 07:54:55 pm
I will be taking things back apart this weekend to paint the machined part of the weghts. I will get you a measurment then.

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 12:24:57 am
I will be taking things back apart this weekend to paint the machined part of the weghts. I will get you a measurment then.
any chance you could weigh the bar end weights?
thx

cwmoss

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 03:20:05 pm
I took a quick measurement and WITH the weights it is 32 7/8", almost 33" tip to tip, Without the weights, it is 29 3/4". I will be taking everything apart later today and I can get the weight of my machined weights.

cwmoss

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 05:17:40 pm
Here is a pic of the bar end weights after I turned them down to accept the Royal Enfield mirrors. I have to clean the up a little and the repaint them.
The weight of the machined parts is 15oz, so before any metal is taken off, they are over 1 pound for the pair. They are 1.58" each so taking them off of the bike would reduced the width by just over 3 inches.

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 05:46:26 pm
Thanks for the info, at the reduced width it becomes a contender for the last space in the shed. A wine cork pushed down to the first bend and the hole filled up with mastic and ball bearings will easily make up for the lost weight of the bar end and add some on top of it 👍
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 05:50:26 pm by portisheadric »
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 02:16:39 am
Here is a pic of the bar end weights after I turned them down to accept the Royal Enfield mirrors. I have to clean the up a little and the repaint them.
The weight of the machined parts is 15oz, so before any metal is taken off, they are over 1 pound for the pair. They are 1.58" each so taking them off of the bike would reduced the width by just over 3 inches.
thanks.  :)