Author Topic: Flamethrower Drone Torches Wasp Nests in China  (Read 2493 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 05:15:01 pm
That kinda takes a lot of the fun out of it, I prefer the personal touch.  Nothing like the rush of danger and the budget friendly nature of a step ladder, a Bic lighter, and a can of Lysol,  .... or better yet:

https://youtu.be/k2sC29_XR88?t=73

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 05:20:42 pm
No draw up a list of the people you don't want to be allowed anywhere near that first one, or the parts to make one.

It literally takes arson to a whole new level.

Thank you, I'm here all week.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 05:28:28 pm
That's a neat idea, I know of a place where those might sell very well... ;D

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 07:19:03 pm

It literally takes arson to a whole new level.

8) 8)
I think I'd be on your list  ;D
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 07:27:40 pm
I think we're looking at the next innovation in warfare, boys.

Check out this prescient old short story : Watchbird by Robert Sheckley
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/29579/29579-h/29579-h.htm
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

mrunderhill1975a

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 08:35:31 pm
I'm surprised PETA hasn't complained about cruelty to animals...…wait for it .

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 10:23:18 pm
I think we're looking at the next innovation in warfare, boys.

Check out this prescient old short story : Watchbird by Robert Sheckley
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/29579/29579-h/29579-h.htm
Excellent tale  8)
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 10:33:17 pm
The spooky part is that it's mostly off the shelf tech now. The Canadians proposed a "flying defibrillator" that could deliver shocks to remote patients. https://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-40360164

Plan "B" would be to add a couple extended antenna use it as police backup on foot chases. Would be some bad news to become collateral damage, eh? That particular Watchbird might stimulate a booming market in Faraday Suit hoodies though... ;)

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 10:42:11 pm
More dystopia, just what we all need.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 10:58:37 pm
As soon as you have throttle by wire in your bike, you will have ASC and anti wheely, it's just a bit of code in the computer.

As soon as you have a drone with a cam you can attach a grenade to it. If you live in a civilised place you can assume your neighbor is not going to drop it in your garden. In a place I don't want to mention ;) I would not be so sure of it. 

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 12:25:31 am
@ #10: Where ya' been?  Used for 3 years on now, almost ancient history. We are living in the future, mein freund....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/06/14/isis-drones-are-attacking-u-s-troops-and-disrupting-airstrikes-in-raqqa-officials-say/

My Bullet has always had throttle by wire and anti-wheelie capability. Maybe you should upgrade that 535GT with a 28mm Mikcarb and a nice 5:1 CR potmetal piston and join us futuristas! ;D

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 07:46:20 pm
Coming to  classroom near you: Watchbird. The Tech already exists. Since when ever did ethics ever stand in the way of profit in the USA?
 ( Watchbird by Robert Sheckley )  http://www.gutenberg.org/files/29579/29579-h/29579-h.htm
This also solves some touchy problems for Congress. You don't need to modify out appetite for weapons and you don't need to ask unsettling questions about why an all-white PD stood off for 40 minutes waiting for the Border Patrol SWAT team to sort out an all-Hispanic school shooting.

The demand for gun range Skeet Shooting practice and shotgun sports in general is about to skyrocket amongst our Alt-Reich brethren. Imagine a swarm of these above the 06 January 2021 crowd, chances are nil that it would have progressed to what it did. Facial recognition tech is commonplace, with "Watchbird" abetted by it the GO signal in virtually assured in most scenarios. Having a human operator is mostly unnecessary, but if they did it would be a sough after job position. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment ){The Milgram experiment(s) on obedience to authority figures was a series of social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram. They measured the willingness of study participants, men in the age range of 20 to 50 from a diverse range of occupations with varying levels of education, to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts conflicting with their personal conscience. Participants were led to believe that they were assisting an unrelated experiment, in which they had to administer electric shocks to a "learner". These fake electric shocks gradually increased to levels that would have been fatal had they been real.}

Axon stock is trading at about 1/2 of its Feb & Aug 2021 high of $200, tell me with a straight face that our "Legally & Ethically Profiteering Congress" won't snap it up and then enact Watchbirds use.

----------------------------------------------------------
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61685117
US shootings: Firm unveils plans for Taser-armed drones

The US company behind Tasers plans to produce stun gun-armed drones it claims will help stop school shootings.
The Arizona-based company, Axon, says that the high-tech solution is necessary amid a "fruitless" debate on gun policy in the US.
The announcement, however, earned a stern rebuke from the company's own ethics board.
Nearly 30 school shootings have taken place in the US this year.
Axon - formerly known as Taser International - said that it has formally begun developing a miniature, lightweight Taser that can be deployed on a drone or robot, as well as "targeting algorithms" to assist operators safety aim the device.
According to Axon, all use-of-force decisions will be made by an authenticated and authorised human operator "who has agreed to take on legal and moral responsibility for any action that takes place".
The announcement Thursday came amid a renewed debate over gun control following the 24 May shooting of 21 people at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas.
Axon's founder and chief executive Rick Smith - a father of 12-year-olds twins - told the BBC that he decided to go public with the project after last week's events in Texas.
"Politicians in the US have not been effective in dealing with this," he said, adding that suggestions that teachers be armed are "a very risky thing to do that will lead to more accidents than solutions".
The project also includes integrated camera networks that allow schools and businesses to share real-time access to censors with local public safety agencies.
However, after considering a limited pilot of the project a year ago - which was only to be used by police - the company's own Artificial Intelligence ethics advisory board voted against the idea moving forward.
In its own statement, the ethics board said that Axon's announcement asserting that civilian-operated drones and robots could be deployed to schools has given it "considerable pause".
"Reasonable minds can differ on the merits of police-controlled Taser-equipped drones - our own board disagreed internally - but we unanimously are concerned with the process Axon has employed regarding this idea of drones in school classrooms," the board said.
Mr Smith said that the question of who would operate the drones remains unanswered, with possibilities ranging from police departments, federal agencies or people at Axon itself.
One possibility could be that the drones would be flown with "encrypted keys" that are centrally managed and accessible only to authenticated users.
Despite the board's statement, Mr Smith told BBC that a "proof-of-concept" model could be ready within a year, with field trials possible in two years, pending regulatory approvals.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 08:10:12 pm by AzCal Retred »

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: June 04, 2022, 05:34:30 pm

As soon as you have a drone with a cam you can attach a grenade to it.

You do not really need a drone, just do the well known Mossad trick of putting explosives in a cell phone battery rigged to detonate when they answer their phone.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: June 04, 2022, 10:46:37 pm
Well at least using that method you know you will blow off the head of the right person, l also heard via the grape vine they use poisoned soap in hotels, on the subject of that drone that will probably make a large version and use it to start fires for military reasons you can see what’s coming there.