Author Topic: oil filter?  (Read 56129 times)

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
Reply #30 on: January 28, 2020, 01:20:02 pm
Ordered my oil today and now have to get the filter. Thinking of the Mobil 1 M1-104 as posters have noted it fits perfectly. Any yay or nay on that one?

I see you're in Austin, I have the stock filter and a aftermarket option available of you're interested.
Tim
2009 G5 Military W/Sidecar
USCA #9136
REOC Member

Adeptus_Minor

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: January 28, 2020, 10:55:20 pm
Related question:   What size is the drain plug crush washer?
I think it's an M14 based on the shop manual, but they list that by the plug itself.
Maybe I'm just being too literal. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:10:26 am by Adeptus_Minor »
2019 Continental GT 650 - Ice Queen

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
Reply #32 on: January 29, 2020, 03:19:49 am
The parts book also calls out M14 575630

https://westerncyclesupply.com/drain-plug-washer/
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 03:33:48 am by Enfield Pro »
Tim
2009 G5 Military W/Sidecar
USCA #9136
REOC Member

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: February 26, 2020, 02:16:30 am
Today I got a NAPA 7046  (I work at a NAPA store)...I compared it to a new OEM Royal Enfield filter.

They are far too different for my liking....I will not use the NAPA as a substitute.

Height is different....

O ring I.D. and O.D is slightly different.

Recess of the innards is way different...

Not saying it wouldn't work...but too different for me..

Cookie

Has anyone tried these or any other oil filter on their 650 successfully?  tp

1. Wix 57046

2. Napa Gold 7046

3. Carquest Premium 84046

ROTENMEYER

• Scooter
Reply #34 on: February 29, 2020, 11:00:09 pm
pic from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDvy5RazcRc

THIS FILTER IS THE ORIGINAL?

ROTENMEYER

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: February 29, 2020, 11:35:42 pm
 ??? ???

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: March 01, 2020, 01:08:33 am
Not only a different number of holes...but the base plate where those holes are...on the NAPA filter this base is quite close to the bottom of the filter...the OEM filter has much more space between the holy plate and the base of the filter...don't know if that matters...but too different for my liking...plus the O ring is slightly different size

Cookie

??? ???

dkcon05

• Neophyte
Reply #37 on: May 13, 2020, 02:49:31 pm
Any luck on the oil filter search?
I too work at a auto parts store
(Oreilly’s).

I just took my filter off last night and will try and match it up tonight.

I’ll post if I come up with anything.
2019 GT 650

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: May 13, 2020, 03:20:02 pm
I just ordered am OEM  filter online....it comes with a new drain plug gasket and an o-ring....I forgot what the or ring is for....filler cap maybe?

Cookie

Any luck on the oil filter search?
I too work at a auto parts store
(Oreilly’s).

I just took my filter off last night and will try and match it up tonight.

I’ll post if I come up with anything.

EmmKay2018

• Bulleteer
  • Motorbike Enthusiast
Reply #39 on: May 14, 2020, 09:59:42 pm
I just ordered am OEM  filter online....it comes with a new drain plug gasket and an o-ring....I forgot what the or ring is for....filler cap maybe?

When I ordered the OEM Oil filter, I also got a metal washer and a rubber o-ring with the filter. I installed metal washer with the oil drain cap, and the rubber o-ring with the oil filter.
Owns 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: May 15, 2020, 12:30:46 am
What size (diameter) was the rubber O- ring....

I think it goes on the filler cap...the filter should have a rubber ring already installed...around the perimeter of the base.

Cookie

When I ordered the OEM Oil filter, I also got a metal washer and a rubber o-ring with the filter. I installed metal washer with the oil drain cap, and the rubber o-ring with the oil filter.

EmmKay2018

• Bulleteer
  • Motorbike Enthusiast
Reply #41 on: May 15, 2020, 12:56:49 am
What size (diameter) was the rubber O- ring....

I think it goes on the filler cap...the filter should have a rubber ring already installed...around the perimeter of the base.

Cookie

You got lucky! I ordered 3 oil filters, still have two of them left, so I could take pictures :)

Please take a look at the pictures below and let me know if you need any additional information.

When you remove the oil drain cap, you will find similar metal washer attached in the picture - so I replaced that as-is with the new one. When I installed the oil filter, the thing that the oil filter gets attached to I inserted the rubber o-ring and then screwed the oil filter tight... not as tight as the guys at the factory did, but tight enough that there is no oil leak.

Hope this helps!
Owns 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: May 15, 2020, 09:00:19 am
The RUBBER O-ring in the pictures....it goes onto the FILLER cap.....not the oil filter....

I think you need to remove it form the filter if you installed it onto the filter.....

I simply threw this small rubber O-ring away, as the one on the filler cap was still in like new condition....

Cookie

You got lucky! I ordered 3 oil filters, still have two of them left, so I could take pictures :)

Please take a look at the pictures below and let me know if you need any additional information.

When you remove the oil drain cap, you will find similar metal washer attached in the picture - so I replaced that as-is with the new one. When I installed the oil filter, the thing that the oil filter gets attached to I inserted the rubber o-ring and then screwed the oil filter tight... not as tight as the guys at the factory did, but tight enough that there is no oil leak.

Hope this helps!

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: May 15, 2020, 09:08:23 am
Unless I'm wrong?

Cookie

The RUBBER O-ring in the pictures....it goes onto the FILLER cap.....not the oil filter....

I think you need to remove it form the filter if you installed it onto the filter.....

I simply threw this small rubber O-ring away, as the one on the filler cap was still in like new condition....

Cookie

Mav

• Bulleteer
  • Nottingham UK
Reply #44 on: May 15, 2020, 09:43:22 am
Unless I'm wrong?

Cookie

Yes you are right.

Take your filter off and remove the rubber ring, it could be restricting the oil flow, and do a lot of  damage to your engine.
2023 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro
2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor