Author Topic: Mounting Cozy Euro to '09 RE G-5  (Read 1828 times)

GA-DK

• Bulleteer
on: January 15, 2011, 10:11:12 pm
I am told that the G-5 adaptor is in route to me, but have not seen it yet.  Just finished making my own adaptor which seems to fit nicely.  Only have the chassis mounted as i got the sidecar in primer and weather is not good for painting.  The rear mount to top of shock is standard except I had to drill out the bike shock mount to take the sidecar mount.  The mount would go through the top of the shock, but the mount on the bike was about 1/32" smaller.  The rear bottom mount with the sidecar doesn't fit the G-5.  I removed the rear passenger footpeg and made aa adaptor to fit that bracket.  I used a piece of steel about 1" x 2" x 1.047"  The 1.047" thickness was drilled 7/16" near one end and bolted into the footpeg mounting bracket.  The other end was milled to form a 3/8" thick section (45-deg angle from 7/16" mounting hole) and drilled to fit the forked end of the mounting bar.  The next mounting point is the one described as attaching to the riders footpeg, but doesn't fit G-5.  I took a piece of steel 1" x 1" x 1.5" and drilled 2 holes across the 1" thickmess.  One of these centered about 5/8" from the top end was threaded M10-1.25.  This takes the place of the nut on the end of the long bolt which passes through both rider footpegs and the lower rear part of engine casing.  The lower end of the steel block was drilled 1/2" parallel to the above thread.  This hole accepts one end of a 5" length of round stock.  The round stock was welded in place, and bent upward 20-deg about 2" from other end.  That end was welded into a short length of 1" bar stock.  The 1/2" section passes under exhaust pipe then turns upward to line up with the mount on the sidecar frame.  The main mount was used as is except that it was drilled 3/4" diameter i" from the bottom so as to fit over the horn mounting post.  This hole was chamfered with a 1' drill to clear the weld on the horn mount.   GA-DK