Author Topic: Roll over Sensor Eliminator plug  (Read 1367 times)

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
on: January 30, 2021, 12:07:02 pm
Sometimes you get stuck with a defect Roll over Sensor (ROS). The bike will not start without it. There is an easy way to build an eliminator plug.

You need 2 resistors (2kOhm and 10kOhm). A 4 pin Sumitomo HM090 female plug with connectors.

Crimp (solder) each resistor to a connector, crimp the other 2 wires together onto a third connector. Crimp a wire loop onto the fourth (empty) connector, so that you are able to pull the plug.

I keep this plug as a spare part in my toolbag.

https://www.g-homeserver.com/forum/royal-enfield-500-trials/392-roll-over-sensor

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 12:14:53 pm by viczena »
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 06:37:48 am
Thanks for posting this helpful information with pictures.   I see you suggested the voltage divider approach a few months ago, when a forum member was dissecting his rollover sensor.

What other sensors do you think could be bypassed by this method, in a pinch?  Manifold Pressure perhaps?  Maybe even Throttle Position could be fooled well enough to limp home?

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 08:16:19 am
You speak of a carb conversion? It should be possible.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 12:32:58 pm
As a sparepart it would be possible to use a 4k potentiometer. So you can make some adjustements. But it is quite rare that TPS or MAP Sensors fail.
www.enfieldtech.de