Author Topic: JOTD  (Read 389738 times)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1530 on: May 01, 2022, 07:43:37 pm
Ohhh, i've heard rumours that the paper green back will be canceld out in 2024 in favour of all digital cash, I might consider to exchange the two or three $ bills i've got into rubles. In 2025 cheap vodka is supposedly going to be costing less than petrol. I may have to prepare my GT for that too as it's aimed to become the primary fuel for vehicles besides of "horse" powers, well meybe a donkey or mule power will do for some too and Nikola Teslas free energy is still to far in the future to come. That will sure make some of our minorities feel almost like at home, which will clearly put them into beneficial position since the avarage guy is not likely to adapt to that situation rather fast neither voluntarily. In a nutshell, i think a ruble or two may come handy.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1531 on: May 01, 2022, 08:40:44 pm
Your preparedness & foresight will certainly impress the new neighborhood Zampolit. Maybe he'll put in a good word for you and let your tech-savvy self pursue a new career as an equipment monitor for a natural gas pumping station. "To each according to his need, by each according to his ability".
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1532 on: May 01, 2022, 09:08:47 pm
Sounds like a huge career improvement, so far I've been always paid by the hour. What a waste of time.  ;)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1533 on: May 01, 2022, 09:15:40 pm
A nervous, schleppy, 50-year-old mamma's boy of a man, is a virgin and on his first date.
He hopes to finally experience a romantic night going all the way.
He stops into the local Walgreen's Pharmacy for condoms.
He sees a clerk in aisle 5, and sheepishly asks in a cracking voice, "Excuse me sir, can you help me? I've never done this before, but can you help me with some prophylactics?
"Uh-hem. You mean condoms, sir?" responds the clerk.
The mamma's boy turns red, leans in and whispers "uh, y-yes. Sir...yiieeesss that's what I need. Can you make a suggestion?"
Clerk raises an eyebrow,clears his throat, chokes back laughing, but is nevertheless courteous and helpfully shows him what is popular.
"Ohhh thank you. Thank you very much sir. So is this what you'd get??" "You're entirely welcome" responds the clerk, nodding.
The clerk, bemused and a bit bewildered, watches the guy saunter to the checkout at the front of the store.

The nervous guy queues up in line for a cashier. A pretty young woman cashier, cheerfully, enthusiastically calls out to him, " I can help you right here sir."
He holds out the condoms at eye level in plain view, "Oh can you?? Bless your heart miss. But I need your help. I need to know how much these are. Can you help me??"
She blushes a little, still smiling, and simply says, " Certainly sir. I will scan them for you."
"Sir, they're $12.99. Would you like me to ring them up for you?"
"Oh bless your heart, yieeesss. Yieees I would. That would be terrific. Bless your heart, miss. It's my first time purchasing them here."

She rings them up and gently puts them in a small Walgreen's bag, hands them to him, and responds, " That will be $13.96. Cash or credit, sir?"
He's a little dazed and confused. His hair starts standing up. If you were to look at him through the one way, theft prevention mirror glass behind the cashiers, you'd almost swear he's on tilt. His beady eyes behind his thick glasses look like a kaleidoscope.

In his cracky, nervous voice, he half-cackles the question, "Uhhh.. uhhh.. excuse me miss ...uhhh there must be some terrible mistake...I thought you said these were $12.99??"

"Oh, that includes tax, sir" she cheerfully responds.

He straightens up now, getting a grip on himself, and suddenly summoning pushy customer self-advocacy, and says gustily "Tacks!! What do I need with those???. I thought these things were suppose to stay on by themselves!"
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1534 on: May 02, 2022, 12:28:19 am
@ #1532: Paid? You want pay? You'll have a card for Азбука вкуса, a dacha & a Lada, enough for any hero, Comrade... :o
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1535 on: May 02, 2022, 02:32:56 am
@ #1532: Paid? You want pay? You'll have a card for Азбука вкуса, a dacha & a Lada, enough for any hero, Comrade... :o

My brother was in Russia in the '90s.

He said he knew people in government jobs who had not been paid at all in several years, apparently they kept working because there is a chance they might eventually get some backpay. If they quit the chances of ever getting back any of their money was zero.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1536 on: May 02, 2022, 06:02:07 am

That seems to be the plan of the Global Economic Forum. As i said, huge career improvement comming.  ;) Roubles might still be the better option. You can observe that in Sweden already, the bosses pretend to pay and the workers pretend to work. Sounds familiar?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 06:12:39 am by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1537 on: May 02, 2022, 08:33:32 am
Pretend to pay? Free medical, dental & prescription drugs pretty much covers any difference between the USA & Sweden. The German & Swedish numbers are eerily similar. :o  Still time left to get to Brazil... ;)  Looks like your money would go four times as far.

https://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/sweden/
How’s Life?
Sweden performs well in many dimensions of well-being relative to other countries in the Better Life Index. Sweden outperforms the average in income, jobs, education, health, environmental quality, social connections, civic engagement, safety and life satisfaction.
Money, while it cannot buy happiness, is an important means to achieving higher living standards. In Sweden, the average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita is USD 33 730 a year, more than the OECD average of USD 30 490 a year.
When asked to rate their general satisfaction with life on a scale from 0 to 10, Swedes gave it a 7.3 grade on average, higher than the OECD average of 6.7.

https://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/united-states/
How’s Life?
The United States performs well in many dimensions of well-being relative to other countries in the Better Life Index. The United States outperforms the average in income, jobs, education, environmental quality, social connections and life satisfaction. These assessments are based on available selected data.
Money, while it cannot buy happiness, is an important means to achieving higher living standards. In the United States, the average household net-adjusted disposable income per capita is USD 51 147 a year, much more than the OECD average of USD 30 490 a year.
When asked to rate their general satisfaction with life on a scale from 0 to 10, Americans gave it a 7 grade on average, higher than the OECD average of 6.7.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/median-income-by-country
                        Median Income      Mean Income
Sweden           $17,625               $20,193
United States   $19,306               $25,332
Germany           $16,845               $19,730
Russia           $5,504               $7,275
Brazil           $4,559               $7,654

All Swedes, can call upon the government to provide them with the benefits listed below. Most are available at no charge to the individual or family. Some "subsidized" benefits require persons to pay a partial fee, usually according to one's income.
Health and Sickness
1. subsidized doctor care mainly in county clinics
2. free public hospital treatment
3. subsidized dental care; free for children
4. subsidized prescription drugs; life-saving drugs free
5. free abortions and sterilizations
6. free maternity clinics for prenatal care
7. cash benefits to compensate for loss of most wages due to sickness; a separate benefit is available for workers injured on the job
Family Support
8. tax-free monthly payment to parents for each child; single parents receive an additional payment for each child
9. parents have a right to take a total of 12 months paid leave from work at near full wages to care for each child up to first year in school
10. subsidized child care at home or in a government day-care center
11. one year at a subsidized nursery school
12. unemployment insurance pays about 80 percent of previous income

Pensions
13. most retired persons receive three different kinds of old-age pensions paid for by taxes and employer contributions
14. full or partial disability pensions; disabled child pension goes to parents until age 16 and then directly to child
15. special payment to handicapped persons who are working or in school
16. surviving spouse and orphan pensions

A few additional kinds of aid are provided only to those who have low incomes. The most important of these are housing subsidies for poor families and elderly pensioners.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1538 on: May 02, 2022, 10:54:59 am
Exacly, free mandatory castration inclusive.  So instead of taking a trip on your IB through the hills, you take a trip to your free doctor to keep him entrtained. Your IB is not  good for your health, and think of all the children you are putting at risk displaying such anti social behaviour.  ;)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1539 on: May 02, 2022, 02:28:48 pm
50 years ago I worked in a small civil engineering company that specialized in designing residential subdivisions along the coast south of San Francisco. The company was owned by a (cheap) Russian Jew named Ted Tronoff who had hired a group of hardworking WWII displaced persons that really knew their stuff when it came to building town infrastructure and surveying. I thought that it was pretty funny that his chief surveyor was a Russian who claimed that he did a lot of surveying in Siberia when he was younger. He said that it was colder in the area southwest of San Francisco where we were designing a new subdivision than it was in Russia, due to the cold wind that blew off of the Pacific Ocean coast during the summer.  :o

I recall that the office engineer was born and grew up in in Sweden. When he passed his CA engineering registration exam and received his engineering license from the state, the boss gave him a 25 cent an hour pay increase. Anyway, he told us that he planned to work in the U.S., save up his money and eventually retire back in Sweden where everything he needed would be free and provided by the government. Sounded like a good deal to me, especially as the company's retirement plan was your last paycheck.  ::)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1540 on: May 02, 2022, 04:55:54 pm
Wheee! Sign up now for more random brane excursions & non-sequiturs...I know you're still in there, please come back.

" Exacly, free mandatory castration inclusive.  So instead of taking a trip on your IB through the hills, you take a trip to your free doctor to keep him entrtained. "

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1541 on: May 02, 2022, 06:51:29 pm
50 years ago I worked in a small civil engineering company that specialized in designing residential subdivisions along the coast south of San Francisco. The company was owned by a (cheap) Russian Jew named Ted Tronoff who had hired a group of hardworking WWII displaced persons that really knew their stuff when it came to building town infrastructure and surveying. I thought that it was pretty funny that his chief surveyor was a Russian who claimed that he did a lot of surveying in Siberia when he was younger. He said that it was colder in the area southwest of San Francisco where we were designing a new subdivision than it was in Russia, due to the cold wind that blew off of the Pacific Ocean coast during the summer.  :o

I recall that the office engineer was born and grew up in in Sweden. When he passed his CA engineering registration exam and received his engineering license from the state, the boss gave him a 25 cent an hour pay increase. Anyway, he told us that he planned to work in the U.S., save up his money and eventually retire back in Sweden where everything he needed would be free and provided by the government. Sounded like a good deal to me, especially as the company's retirement plan was your last paycheck.  ::)

That Sweden back than might have been different what it is today. Since he didn't pay much taxes in Sweden going back just to retire seems like the worst idea ever. You exactly want to be surrounded by a cloud of crowd explaining you how much you owe them.

Last guy i remember moving back to Sweden from Switzerland was Kamprad the founder of IKEA. The reason for this was probably someone very high up medling with the Swiss banks. He claimed he is moving back to Sweden because he's got more friends there who he likes to enjoy company with in his old age. Day one he made that move untill he passed away, everyday on the swedish gob. TV there was atleast one report showing how much IKEA owes Sweden in taxes. Well he had plenty friends there, yet I doubt he used an awful lot of that cash for his personal entertainment. The Sweds will probably be better of if they build their furniture at home anyway, that might heal one or two of them from the psychological trauma of too much welfare.

IKEA for sure made most of its income also in Sweden.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 07:32:26 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1542 on: May 02, 2022, 09:10:53 pm
Once again, reality is not nearly so dire as what can just be imagined. I'm also certain that Ingvar Kamprad has excellent tax & retirement advice. Quite possibly even better than folks like us, as we'll just be guessing & flailing, while Kamprad's tax & retirement folks will know. For a small price, of course.  ::)

https://smartasset.com/retirement/retire-in-sweden#:~:text=However%2C%20if%20you%20plan%20to,disclosures%20and%20a%20passport%20photo.
How to Retire in Sweden: Costs, Visas and More
Ashley Kilroy MAR 17, 2022
    Sweden is one of the most sought-after countries in the world. It offers an excellent quality of life for retirees with beautiful landscapes and historic, walkable cities to enjoy. The archipelagoes on both the nation’s East Coast and West Coast, famous smoked herring and classic meatballs plus vast, unspoiled forests offer something for just about any retiree. If you want to retire in this Scandinavian nation of just over 10 million people, there’s a number of specifics you’ll need to know, from what costs you can anticipate to the quality of the healthcare system and more. A financial advisor can also help you plan for a retirement abroad.
    Cost of Living and Housing in Sweden
Sweden is an expensive country, though its cost of living comes in slightly below the U.S. Sweden’s cost of living is just 1.6% lower than in the U.S., according to March 2022 data from Numbeo. That higher cost of living, however, does not come from more costly housing expenses. Rather it comes from more expensive groceries and transportation, including more expensive gasoline.
    Your housing dollars can go farther in retirement in Sweden than in the U.S. For example, rent costs are, on average, 41.5% lower than in the U.S. If you rent an apartment in New York City, a one-bedroom unit in the city center will likely cost about $3,344 per month. The same apartment in Stockholm would cost about $1,536 per month.
However, if you are not working during your Swedish retirement then these laws may not apply to you. Sweden taxes foreign-earned income if you are considered a resident. This includes your American pension and capital gains. If you want to avoid paying taxes in the U.S. and being taxed again in Sweden, it is a good idea to work with a tax professional and a financial advisor. They can help you navigate the complicated tax codes such as the U.S.-Sweden Tax Treaty, which helps determine how both countries will treat income.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Ingvar-Kamprad

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1543 on: May 02, 2022, 09:54:50 pm
And who says Kamprad may not have sponsored some of the Campaign himself?

Before someone else grabs it - like the Russians ;) for example, he might have decided to throw it in the Swedish sea.

Most of the sweds that manage to secure that "free" income, seem to be moving out to Spain or Thailand though.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1544 on: May 02, 2022, 10:53:35 pm
Back to the jokes.  ;)